Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Star Wars - Han Solo Movie - Spoilers

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's either set up for a sequel, or Kira and Maul appear in episode 9. There is of course the story of Han's dealings with Jabba, and the fact they shot scenes in the original making of ANH, which Lucas reintroduced in his rebooted versions. It would just be another heist movie though, so not sure there is the mileage there.

This, imo, especially if it is a 'Boba' film.

edit: sorry, not this :) I meant the third spin-off instead. Unless Han really is still alive in Ep IX (like I've always maintained :D :D).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This, imo, especially if it is a 'Boba' film.

edit: sorry, not this :) I meant the third spin-off instead. Unless Han really is still alive in Ep IX (like I've always maintained :D :D).

Well, everyone else appears to be a bit like the black knight in The Holy Grail in terms of lost limbs and surviving, so a light saber through the stomach and a bit of a fall would seem survivable by anyone's measure!

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
The Boba Fett film has been announced, Ewan McGregor has said he wants to play an older Obi-Wan and the Solo film was clearly left with a sequel in mind. Disney won't want to pass up on any Marvel-style wider universe crossovers here.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Well, everyone else appears to be a bit like the black knight in The Holy Grail in terms of lost limbs and surviving, so a light saber through the stomach and a bit of a fall would seem survivable by anyone's measure!

A long, slow tumble into a vat of Bacta/carbonite (depending on whose in charge of the rescue/kidnap :thumbsup:

The Boba Fett film has been announced, Ewan McGregor has said he wants to play an older Obi-Wan and the Solo film was clearly left with a sequel in mind. Disney won't want to pass up on any Marvel-style wider universe crossovers here.
Yes, thanks, knew it had been announced just not sure if it is the third spin-off or part of the next series of films but guess it is probably the former - lot of potential in it I think :thumbsup:

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
My guess is that the Boba Fett film will be set in the same timeline as Solo and likely to feature some of the same characters, almost certainly smaller roles for Han and Chewie, and quite possibly Maul and Jabba as well. I know very little about the Clone Wars cartoons, but the introduction of Maul at the end of Solo indicates that these films are going to dip into this canon where isn't he some sort of crime boss? As someone else mentioned I think he also tries to seek revenge on Obi-Wan, so there's a possible film in itself.

I was pleasantly surprised by Solo. Much better than I thought it was going to be, although some of the murky, dark cinematography was awful. Thought there was a problem with our cinema at first. Also seemed like a box-ticking exercise of Han's "greatest hits", although I suppose this was inevitable. I really think the series can go somewhere with this criminal underworld theme, with the Empire and the Rebellion playing a secondary role in the background. Just seems much more interesting, with characters like Fett, Jabba, Bossk (he gets a brief mention in Solo) and Maul getting fleshed out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My guess is that the Boba Fett film will be set in the same timeline as Solo and likely to feature some of the same characters, almost certainly smaller roles for Han and Chewie, and quite possibly Maul and Jabba as well. I know very little about the Clone Wars cartoons, but the introduction of Maul at the end of Solo indicates that these films are going to dip into this canon where isn't he some sort of crime boss? As someone else mentioned I think he also tries to seek revenge on Obi-Wan, so there's a possible film in itself.

The kids watched the cartoons and I haven't seen them religiously but Maul is found in the Clone Wars by his brother in a cave having made his legs out of tin cans and stuff, A bit like when the A Team make an armoured van from stuff in the garage they are locked in before Colonel Decker turns up. His brother having won some Dark Side Sith competition on a cereal box. Him and his brother form some sort of criminal empire before his brother his killed in a scrap with the emperor himself who lets Maul off for reasons I've long since forgotten. He reappears in Star Wars rebels where he becomes BFF's with young Jedi Ezra to lure Obi Wan into the open so he can get his revenge. In a disappointing brief 'Haye - Bellew' like scrap he is killed again by Obi Wan.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You seem literally the only person who would rather they did 3 uneccessary films as opposed to fitting all the key bits of story into a couple of hours.

Would have been shit if they hadn't shown Lando, the Falcon and the Kessle run imho.

All in all, a good fun film with enough star wars nods to keep most happy. 7.5/10

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Not necessarily, but it was a bit obvious to the character and they could have easily found a far more interesting storyline without having to resort to just going over the little of what we knew of Han from the previous film and forcing it into the film where, to me at least, it doesn't feel a natural fit.

The fact that the Kessel run had to be completed in such a short distance because of the volatility of the raw fuel seemed a bit of a forced way to get it into the film imo.

If it is a famous run and 12 parsecs is a great boast about your ability as a pilot, would it really be a run from the source planet of a raw super fuel to an abandoned processing plant, which seems too far away form the only source of raw material to be able to safely transport it to there in the first place (they said no one goes any other way than via the single route in and out)

Why would everyone know what the run was if that was a true achievement? (to take raw material from that planet to a processing plant?) It would be like knowing where they take the raw materials for making concrete and boasting how well you covered the distance between there and its processing factory. It just seems to make it an odd boast.

This film felt like it was written in a way to try to shoehorn in all previous references to Han from all the previous films into a single movie, but was clearly set up for either a sequel or for the story to carry on elsewhere, like if they have a spin off about Jabba the Hut where Han's story possibly re-emerges (If there are further spin offs, couldn't the Kessel run have appeared there, especially as it seemed to be heading towards his dealings with Jabba the Hut?)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just seen jurassic world the fallen kingdom and I have to say for a summer popcorn film it was far better in every single department. Solo left me cold this made me thrilled

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Watched Solo tonight and overall I thought it was okay. Have seen all the Star Wars films but I’m not a Star Wars geek. Was surprised the dragon queen made it to the end which as others have said suggests a sequel. Thought Lando was played very well and true to he character but so was Solo to be fair. Does Chewy ever age? Ever? He has looked exactly the same in every film so far!

A personal gripe, please give us more Star Wars type soundtracks in these films. I miss them.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I really enjoyed it. It was fun. Something some of the Star Wars movies lack. Overall a pleasant suprise. 8/10 for enjoyment. Sorry [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION], you must be his uncle because I thought Jurassic was utter shite.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really enjoyed it. It was fun. Something some of the Star Wars movies lack. Overall a pleasant suprise. 8/10 for enjoyment. Sorry [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION], you must be his uncle because I thought Jurassic was utter shite.

I thought JW FK was superb but then I thought Transformers the last knight was an excellent film as well

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Went to see Solo last night with a mate, his 10 yr old lad and his mates and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought they got it just right. Apart from L3, the equal rights robot which was rubbish and badly judged, they nailed it. Looking forward to the sequel. Great stuff. 8.5/10

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here