Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand is dead long live the South Stand

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
When the tickets were sold, the expectation was that the North Stand would the epitome of the old North Stand, full of atmosphere, passion, humour and Ruffians. Sadly it seems that a lot of them were bought by people who wanted to complain a lot, rather than create a great atmosphere.

Nail head.....

The North stand to be honest is poor or average at best, and it does not have to be that way. That nervous silence when we need or expect a victory should be a deafening noise to raise the team not the other way round. Far to many fans expect the team to perform before they show they care.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Nail head.....

The North stand to be honest is poor or average at best, and it does not have to be that way. That nervous silence when we need or expect a victory should be a deafening noise to raise the team not the other way round. Far to many fans expect the team to perform before they show they care.
Spot On.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Nail head.....

Exactly this.

I sit in WSU overlooking the NS. It has been getting increasingly worse this season in terms of
- empty seats
- lack of noise
- starting to empty after 30 minutes for HT refreshments
- leaving early

The last couple of games have been particularly bad.

Now the rest of the ground suffers from this too, but the North is supposed to be where the diehard fans go. Frankly, it's been embarrassing. You can blame poor performances, so called 'boring' football, but that's when we should stand up and get behind the team, when they need us most.

PG

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Exactly this.

I sit in WSU overlooking the NS. It has been getting increasingly worse this season in terms of
- empty seats
- lack of noise
- leaving early

Now the rest of the ground suffers from this too, but the North is supposed to be where the diehard fans go. Frankly, it's been embarrassing. You can blame poor performances, so called 'boring' football, but that's when we should stand up and get behind the team, when they need us most.

PG

What makes it baffling to me is I would guess a very good percentage of our such good vocal away support we all know is superb comes from that very stand..... Just because your in the North does not make you in the in crowd..... Prove it

I hate to say it.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This post is current who is behind the death of the North Stand,Tony, the Board of Directors, or Barber.Who ever it is there is no longer going to be any atmosphere at the falmer

Has something been said, or decreed? Not seen anything on the website, or in recent programs.

Moving away fans towards the east rather than the west hasn't helped.

Nail head.....

From WSU the North has been looking emptier as the season has progressed

Exactly this.

- empty seats
- lack of noise
- leaving early

PG

What makes it baffling to me is I would guess a very good percentage of our such good vocal support away support we all know is superb comes from that very stand..... Just because your in the North does not make you in the in crowd..... Prove it

I hate to say it.

All of these.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The first goals that went in for Ipswich and Middlesboro and 200 people got up and walked out of the North. Whats going on there?
The atmos is poor in the North, its changed this season. The East side of the North has rows of empty seats. Why?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having not renewed my ST one of my plans for next season is more games in the SWC. Only two this season, but Reading was my highlight in terms of 'fun' at The Amex since its opening, closest to the old days so far!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I can't hear the south sing because of the noise the flag waving makes, terrible din.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not all of the North-East are season ticket holders which is a shame.

No I mean the Eastern side of the North Stand. Not the North East. Starts with the eastern half of Block F, then whole of Block G, & Block H. They have rows of empty seat always, especially towards the front. Yet you cannot buy these seats, I think its contributing to the lack of atmos. Club need this ticket mess sorted.

Block G for example, currently showing 19 seats (all singles) for sale for Charlton game. Yet at that game there will be at least 80 odd seats unoccupied, many of them 8 or 10 in a row. I just done get it?

I also don't get why when the oppsition score, fans walk out, the North being the worst offenders.

Last edited:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I also don't get why when the oppsition score, fans walk out, the North being the worst offenders.

There are people who walk into the concourse at least 5 times a half regardless of the score or the way the game is going. I don't understand why anyone would spend so much money going to football and only watching half of the game because they are in the concourse. The person next to me does this but I don't mind that because this person is really irritating.

Also, I thought the atmosphere against Ipswich was at its best after the second goal went in and loads of people left because we were left with the fans that do get behind the team vocally.

And the atmosphere isn't bad at the Amex when compared to other teams grounds when it's hard to see the crowd besides hear it, but it would be nicer if we made more noise.

And regarding the South stand, getting rid of a season ticket area in the middle of the South stand was a bad idea. I sat there last season and tried to get songs started but most of the people there didn't join in (I'm not moaning at them, some people like to just watch the football) and this season I moved to the North because I wanted to be in a singing area and I see a lot of people who didn't sing in the South last season sitting in the North, probably because its the same price as the South was and its a similar view. There is always going to be people who don't want to sing in the North stand when it's the cheapest place to go in that isn't in a corner.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
There are people who walk into the concourse at least 5 times a half regardless of the score or the way the game is going. I don't understand why anyone would spend so much money going to football and only watching half of the game because they are in the concourse. The person next to me does this but I don't mind that because this person is really irritating.

Also, I thought the atmosphere against Ipswich was at its best after the second goal went in and loads of people left because we were left with the fans that do get behind the team vocally.

And the atmosphere isn't bad at the Amex when compared to other teams grounds when it's hard to see the crowd besides hear it, but it would be nicer if we made more noise.

And regarding the South stand, getting rid of a season ticket area in the middle of the South stand was a bad idea. I sat there last season and tried to get songs started but most of the people there didn't join in (I'm not moaning at them, some people like to just watch the football) and this season I moved to the North because I wanted to be in a singing area and I see a lot of people who didn't sing in the South last season sitting in the North, probably because its the same price as the South was and its a similar view. There is always going to be people who don't want to sing in the North stand when it's the cheapest place to go in that isn't in a corner.

Some interesting points, I agree some tend to like hanging around in the concourse but that doesn't explain the fact that a lot of people got up and walked out on 70odd minutes when middlesboro scored.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Some of us are doing our best. And there are plenty of grounds with worse atmosphere than ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here