Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly. Seven games on the spin against sides above us and a 5 point return is by no means bad, including four top 6 games where we were in the game in each.

You are right about fixtures; Cardiff have no home games left against sides lower than 12th.

That’s good, Hudd similarly have used up a stack of home ‘6 pointers’.

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
It was a penalty, but no doubt Pogba made sure it was given with theatrics; similar behaviour from Salah last week.
Obviously it's not in the spirit of fair play, but I am sure neither will care a jot - and both added to their goal tally!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Enjoyed that, we can hold up against the big boys and albeit lose marginally.

I'm currently in Liverpool and my best part of the afternoon was seeing the sad faces of palace fans at Lime Street.

Very sad faces, very very sad.

Imagine faces but sad ones.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Where is that Albion Mojo thread? Because I'm not sure that my Albion mojo has been any higher in the last 50 years

And definitely not after a run of results like we've just had [emoji106]
Quite. 26 from 23, with the run of games we've just had and what we now have......all is well.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Could not find a stream that worked so only had audio. Did our wingers/overlapping full backs/forwards ever get past on the outside? Bruno did on our last PL visit to Old Trafford.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Surprised nobody has mentioned the time of the first substitution 58 mins. Perhaps C H is changing his approach to games.

65mins last week, so getting earlier and earlier. By this time next year, he might have dropped March from the start.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I see that OGS said in his interview that "today we were tested" and "In the last twenty minutes we were in trouble" Thats progress. Agree with others, a point was there to take and apart from Rashfords good goal they had few chances. They only had 5 shots on target. Feeling like we are starting to solidify our place in this league.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I see that OGS said in his interview that "today we were tested" and "In the last twenty minutes we were in trouble" Thats progress. Agree with others, a point was there to take and apart from Rashfords good goal they had few chances. They only had 5 shots on target. Feeling like we are starting to solidify our place in this league.

Yup. fair comment: the challenge now is to add to the defensive solidity a more offensive threat. Yes, Man U had only 5 shots on target, and Liverpool had only 3 last week (joint lowest of season for them, I believe). But we had just 3 today, & 0 last week. You don’t win many games like that. Palace scored as many goals at Anfield as we had shots on target in two matches.

Start turning the away form round and Europa League beckons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could not find a stream that worked so only had audio. Did our wingers/overlapping full backs/forwards ever get past on the outside? Bruno did on our last PL visit to Old Trafford.

Surprised you couldnt find a stream as there were a number that have been recommended on here all very good with no lagging I usually look for NBC or C Net. I watch every away game

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It was a good game to watch and shows how we have improved.
Bong’s dithering has to be sorted out, as well as getting rid of dangerous balls in the area, no one seems to be able to just clear it.
Soft penalty in my opinion, but we seem to making this a habit of giving these away.
Thought we deserved a point for that performance and I agree that Knocky should start with March being his sub.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here