Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Marvelous 1901 Food Thread!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Likewise, but I spend such time enjoying the moment, not taking endless photos of my lunch then splashing them over social media.

Endless = 6 (probably took all of 10 seconds in total over a 6-7 hour afternoon).
Splashing them over social media = Posting them in one go using Tapatalk on one single chat room site whilst a bit bored 5 days after the event.
[MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] = drama queen.

:smile:

PS I’m a bit bored now as well, otherwise I’d have ignored you.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
According to the online menu, it was:

Salmon gravadlax, smoked trout and smoked halibut
Celeriac remoulade, pickled baby peppers, dill mayonnaise, cucumber, pumpernickel toast

Roast British beef sirloin
Potato dauphinoise, maple glazed carrot and parsnips, onion caramel, garlic kale, beef gravy

English farmhouse cheese selection
Mature cheddar, Blacksticks blue and
Oxford soft
Served with artisan crackers, grapes, chutney and celery

That doesn't look like sirloin

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Although I have not ever been in hospitality at Amex business friends have and said it was outstanding. Both are often at Arsenal and Chelsea and said said Amex was equal and maybe better. Credit to club

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although I have not ever been in hospitality at Amex business friends have and said it was outstanding. Both are often at Arsenal and Chelsea and said said Amex was equal and maybe better. Credit to club

I was lucky enough to have hospitality in the East Stand (Goldstone restaurant?) for the West Ham game and I agree - it was very, very good indeed from the food to the general service and attentiveness.

It’s about £200pp, depending on the opposition, but that includes a decent seat and unlimited drinks. As a special occasion treat, it’s well worth considering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you fly in on match day or day b4 HT?

For Sat and Sunday games usually on the morning of the game. Week day games I do different things and often combine it with work trips. We were all in Brighton for the weekend of the Liverpool game though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was lucky enough to have hospitality in the East Stand (Goldstone restaurant?) for the West Ham game and I agree - it was very, very good indeed from the food to the general service and attentiveness.

It’s about £200pp, depending on the opposition, but that includes a decent seat and unlimited drinks. As a special occasion treat, it’s well worth considering.

Agree. It is very very good and much fun. And Bobby Zamora is often patrolling the restaurants; 2 grown men getting excited over a selfie with him is not very dignified but he took it well....he’s an absolute gent.

And I refer you to my half-time thread. 15 minutes is not enough time to smash back a cup of tea and a glass of red. My friends were equally struggling with thier gin.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And I refer you to my half-time thread. 15 minutes is not enough time to smash back a cup of tea and a glass of red. My friends were equally struggling with thier gin.

I thought it was a given that the second half started with the corporate hospitality seats empty, many of which stay that way for the rest of the game? :wink:

Tea followed by a glass of red? I’ve been whooshed I hope :smile:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This isnt Facebook sugarplum.

Maybe if you’d worked a little harder you could afford to do nice things for your friends and family :)
Looks like a lovely day out [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] , marvellous scenes. May I ask, are those spring onions tucked away on the cheese board there? If so, a top addition.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe if you’d worked a little harder you could afford to do nice things for your friends and family :)
Looks like a lovely day out [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] , marvellous scenes. May I ask, are those spring onions tucked away on the cheese board there? If so, a top addition.

It was indeed a lovely day out. That’s actually celery lurking at the back. But, I bought myself a lump of Old Amsterdam cheese yesterday, and thinking about it, it will work brilliantly with spring onions. I’ll swing by the grocers and get some; good suggestion.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does it tell you that you've got a nice man-bag and excellent table manners...or do you mean complementary?

[Sorry, couldn't resist :)]

Ha ha. No need to apologise; it’s a fair cop guv.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Agree. It is very very good and much fun. And Bobby Zamora is often patrolling the restaurants; 2 grown men getting excited over a selfie with him is not very dignified but he took it well....he’s an absolute gent.

Has Alan Mullery finished now in hospitality and Zamora taken over his duties?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I went to 1901 a few years ago on a plumbase outing, pretentious food, pretentious people.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
He was queuing up for the turnstiles next to me last week - it looked for a moment like they were going to metal detect him as well. I did pass comment to the security chimp about it but he either didn't speak human languages or know who Bobby was so he just gawped.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here