Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
All well and good but what are these hotties going to do for a living?

I think we need to offer tax breaks to Hooters, to encourage them to open more outlets in this country.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You're probably right but my dodgy knee and penchant for Radio 4 dramas belies that fact. You know, I got out of breath grating cheese the other day! Grating cheese. It's a slippery slope.

:lolol: That had me properly laughing out loud in the office, shoulders bouncing, and everything. :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I assume all those delighted by darts walk on girls being removed will be tuning into the Premier League darts tonight?

Yes, though I wasn't particularly outraged/delighted one-way-or the other. MVG v Hastings' Rob Cross is the undoubted highlight tonight though:

Round one fixtures -

Mensur Suljovic v Simon Whitlock
Gary Anderson v Michael Smith
Daryl Gurney v Raymond van Barneveld
Michael van Gerwen v Rob Cross
Peter Wright v Gerwyn Price

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm sure you do love the job - but that doesn't stop you from being able to rationalise the argument down to the simple question "Why are you there?" You know the answer; we all know the answer.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What would of happened if the grid girls or walk on darts girls were just 'average looking'? Would there be a clamour to get them removed then. Should we ban all fashion magazines as this is degrading to women? The world is going PC mad in my view. There is a difference between attractive women helping promote an event and exploitation - the authorities should learn the difference.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This exchange says it all for me......
Tweet.PNG

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
What would of happened if the grid girls or walk on darts girls were just 'average looking'? Would there be a clamour to get them removed then. Should we ban all fashion magazines as this is degrading to women? The world is going PC mad in my view. There is a difference between attractive women helping promote an event and exploitation - the authorities should learn the difference.

But they wouldn't be Grid Girls/Walk On girls without those physical attributes. You've answered your own question.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Wonder why Liberty Media,who own F1 and the Atlanta Braves,have not banned these?

usculture.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

As the father of a daughter who has battled an eating disorder for years, and had osteoporosis at 18 years old as a result, the sooner we stop promoting images of 'the ideal woman' and normalise what women, young and old, are bombarded with in the media and public eye, and that many feel they have to live up to, the better. It is not being PC mad, it is not about the juvenile term 'snowflake' it is a long overdue shift in attitudes and recognition of this and frankly there are some quite sad and pathetic male specimens on this thread who are getting left behind as the rest of the world thankfully moves on.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I find it hilarious that F1 make an artificial moral stand on this issue, then happily sign up to another few years of lucrative races in Bahrain... you know.... that bastion of human rights and free speech.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As the father of a daughter who has battled an eating disorder for years, and had osteoporosis at 18 years old as a result, the sooner we stop promoting images of 'the ideal woman' and normalise what women, young and old, are bombarded with in the media and public eye, and that many feel they have to live up to, the better. It is not being PC mad, it is not about the juvenile term 'snowflake' it is a long overdue shift in attitudes and recognition of this and frankly there are some quite sad and pathetic male specimens on this thread who are getting left behind as the rest of the world thankfully moves on.

Spot on. So many bell-ends who throw drivel terms like "PC gone mad", "snowflake" and "offended on other people's behalf" around the minute someone presents a coherent argument as to why binning off these girls might be a good thing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Great post.

As can be seen on this thread, this shift in attitude is not happening that quickly, but at least it's happening,

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

what...?? i am sorry for any kid who finds themselves battling physically or mentally but surely bints parading on the telly , at the darts , F1 , gridiron , basketball , boxing can't be blamed for eating disorders .........i wonder if the likes of marie claire , vogue , ysl , revlon etc etc will follow the lead , if they do i'll be very surprised as they will have no content ..........not after an argument here but are we trying to hyper evolve the human race here ...?? a last ditch attempt to turn men off women and vice versa and get them to swing for their own kind and thus slowing the cancer that is the human race .........all very well if so but if you think china , india and asia on the whole are gonna follow suit then you are truly , truly deluded.....not you personally but us as a race ......for feck sake get over yourselves , what the feck is wrong with looking at a beautiful woman ....i seriously ask you....??? sorry about your daughter by the way but i still expect to get fisted for this post .

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For those in favour of the decision, how do you feel about nudity in film?

Should we ban movies with nudity in it, or only those with equal number of men and women showing nudity per film? What about those doing magazine covers? The COMPETITORS who are choosing to plaster their scantily clad body over magazines, is this ok or should it be banned as well? These are all questions we should be asking ourselves as this rabbit hole can go a whole lot deeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here