Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Optimism drives people to start new businesses. That creates jobs and creates revenue for the country!

Optimism may spark a business idea . Realism gets the business started and keeps that business trading.
Optimism sparked Brexit. Lack of realism has seen it crash and burn.

Oh, and you use too many exclamation marks to be taken seriously.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I think you’ll find it’s more than platitudes which make things great. Care to come up with some decent arguments instead of mungo-jumbo like this?

Negativity has it's place but we are leaving the EU and it is much better to find solutions to any challenges we face.

Moaning and constantly complaining you don't like Brexit is way past unhelpful....

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Operation Barbarossa was perhaps the most optimistic thing in history. That didn't end especially well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So Vince Cable said today he wouldn't talk unless 'no deal' was off the table and a 2nd referendum was on the table, and got invited in for a chat.

Labour and SNP said the same and haven't been invited in for a chat.

Curiouser and curiouser ???

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
The trouble is, it's too expensive to make things here because it can be made elsewhere, cheaper at a comparable quality meaning that the manufactoring days are long gone. The UK is now the home of R&D. F1 industry is a prime example. Unfortunately, the Chinese are catching up on that as well and my well become the home of that (R&D, not F1).

You have not heard of AI then? This will make things much cheaper to produce....

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And then, we can build up our arned forces, re- invade all those foriegn lands that used to belong to us, build the greatest Empire the World has ever seen, the sun wont set on us , and half the Worlds Atlas will be painted red!!!!

Absolutely deluded, you are a parody account, arent you?

I've already said that.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
What evidence do you have that the long term economic future for Britain in the EU will be better than if it was out of the EU?
Do you think the focus on Brexit has led to government neglecting domestic poilicy? Do you think that with no EU, levels of accountability for MPs who will have sole discretion on policy, will increase?
Do you think all members of the public have considered all potential outcomes of both remain and leave carefully based on evidence or hypothesis and made their own decisions?

Can we start with the first question? The government's long-term economic analysis report from November is a good starting point.

Have you seen any evidence that the country will be better off?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You have not heard of AI then? This will make things much cheaper to produce....

I work in a team that develops some of this stuff, so yes, I have heard of it. It can be done cheaper elsewhere which is why a huge amount of university students at R&D unis such as Warwick are Chinese students being government funded. They've got manufactoring. Now they are developing the brains behind it.

In the long run, It's not Brexit we need to worry about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why the ''wow''...is the reality finally dawning on you?

You didn't manage to come up with a coherent reply to any of the 3 points I threw in off the top of my head. Hmmm...

In case people skim-read the quote you edited and think I posted the rubbish about pints of beer and driving on the left, etc, I stress that the bit in bold is what I said and the words after that, were meant to be some sort of response, I think:

Are any of those responses meant to convince me that remainers are not merely people who wanted the status quo, due to fear?

I think there are three coherent replies to three abstract and vague arguments without basis. The final " Wow " is due to your belief that we as a nation are somehow being held " Hostage " by the EU ! Hostage ? why are we held "Hostage " ? What do the "Hostage" takers seek to gain by er, holding us hostage ? You seem confused by your own arguments and even more confused by fairly obvious replies to your stereotypical Daily Mail rants.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We will excel and make products that the world will buy again. As a country we are about to become less lazy and stop relying on 27 countries who stop us excelling on the world stage.

It is not until we have left, a few years beyond that we will see the full benefit.

Have a walk down your local High Street, about the only shops left are coffee shops, Barbers and nail bars, all staffed by students, Turks and Thai's, we don't manufacture anything these days as its cheaper and easier to get it made in China and shipped in, the EU never forced us to do this.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Have a walk down your local High Street, about the only shops left are coffee shops, Barbers and nail bars, all staffed by students, Turks and Thai's, we don't manufacture anything these days as its cheaper and easier to get it made in China and shipped in, the EU never forced us to do this.

image.axd.jpg Well that will put that one to bed.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I think there are three coherent replies to three abstract and vague arguments without basis. The final " Wow " is due to your belief that we as a nation are somehow being held " Hostage " by the EU ! Hostage ? why are we held "Hostage " ? What do the "Hostage" takers seek to gain by er, holding us hostage ? You seem confused by your own arguments and even more confused by fairly obvious replies to your stereotypical Daily Mail rants.

Wow...stereotypical Daily Mail rants? I answered the question asked and your replies are not replies at all.

Of course the EU want to keep Britain in the EU, and the barriers they've put up over the past nearly two years, and the bleating of remainers to try to overturn a democratic vote because they want the status quo, is just going to alienate more people.

It's ludicrous if the Country re-runs the referendum because some entitled people didn't like the first result and decided that leavers must be stupid or ''didn't have the facts'' but be careful what you wish for, because the leave % will be higher than before, if there is a second vote. It will not be a U turn to remain, not with the way the Country is divided now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The truth is that we've always had sovereignty, and control of our laws and money. The Leave propaganda insinuated that we hadn't and got a lot of people worked up about it, with their 'take back control' mantra.

You continue to lie even after being informed otherwise.
Being members of the EU gives it exclusive competence in certain areas to legislate and make laws directly applicable to us with NO need for our own parliamentary input.
This isn’t a twitter myth.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow...stereotypical Daily Mail rants? I answered the question asked and your replies are not replies at all.

Of course the EU want to keep Britain in the EU, and the barriers they've put up over the past nearly two years, and the bleating of remainers to try to overturn a democratic vote because they want the status quo, is just going to alienate more people.

It's ludicrous if the Country re-runs the referendum because some entitled people didn't like the first result and decided that leavers must be stupid or ''didn't have the facts'' but be careful what you wish for, because the leave % will be higher than before, if there is a second vote. It will not be a U turn to remain, not with the way the Country is divided now.
That's an incredibly simplistic view. Who are the remainers you are blaming ?

No-one has any power over this except MPs.

I do laugh on here where people are blamed for "over turning the democratic vote" when they have absolutely no power to do so.

We'd be out already if it wasn't for some hard core right wing MPs who see Brexit as a means to an end and a Labour party hell bent on getting into power above this mess.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That is controlled immigration. I am in favour of that....

People from outside the EU earn more money, pay more tax as a result and we can choose which people we give a visa.

EU citizens will join a fair playing field and be able to apply like the rest of the world.

You’re in favour of controlled immigration which for the rest of the world, we can already implement. That’s good.

What people don’t realise is population growth is linked to economic growth. Even when we leave, I hate to disappoint you, but immigration will not fall in a growing economy, controlled or otherwise as we’ll be welcoming in as many as possible. Look at immigration numbers from outside EU since 2010 when the Tories promised to control immigration i.e those from outside the EU.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here