Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The now somewhat perfunctory 'Albion team v West Ham' thread

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
It’s a shame that Izquierdo isn’t fit as West Ham’s defence have well and truly cacked their pants whenever he runs at them.

According to my Hammers colleague they can’t deal with any sort of pace, so picking our liveliest forwards and wingers would make sense. I’d still give Murray a place as exception to this as we always need a canny player for a game like this one.

For me it would be:

Button

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Stephens
Pröpper
Bissouma

Locadia
Murray
Andone

It’s a shame that Izquierdo isn’t fit as West Ham’s defence have well and truly cacked their pants whenever he runs at them.

Maybe he is. https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/december/match-preview-for-west-ham-united-vs-brighton-and-hove-albion-on-02-jan-19/

It's a bit confusing that the OS says only Maty and Alireza are away and we have no new injury concerns. Maybe they mean other than Izzy although on first reading it seems to say everyone is avalable except the guys who are away. The headline does say clean bill of health for West Ham

Izzy was close to being fit so maybe he now is, I hope so. We've missed him, or at least we've missed the Izzy from the second half of last season, he hasn't really hacked it this season other than the odd flash.

Edit - just noticed [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] says Izzy not training so presumably won't be reday for West Ham. Just a bit confusing on the official site saying clean bill of sealth for West Ham

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As far as I can see, Glenn Murray, for Palace, BHA and B'muff has scored in every game he has started against West Ham, and never scored as a substitute against them.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bissouma for Gross seemed to be the plan for away games earlier in the season.
I reckon that'll be the only change for Wednesday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bissouma for Gross seemed to be the plan for away games earlier in the season.
I reckon that'll be the only change for Wednesday.

That is my take with Propper playing further forward and a new ground for me as well

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As far as I can see, Glenn Murray, for Palace, BHA and B'muff has scored in every game he has started against West Ham, and never scored as a substitute against them.

Not that team anymore.

It would seem the Albion are finally becoming the team the transfer policy suggested they'd be.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As for Everton, but possibly Bissouma for Gross (happy with either mind). Would def keep Andone in ahead of Murray now, he’s a menace. Otherwise nothing to change.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could be facing Nasri :facepalm:

[tweet]1079784784388329473[/tweet]

Jimmy Grimble

Murray will come in for Andone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills