Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have YOU besmirched the good name of the club in any way?

D

Deleted User X18H

I must confess that I booed and hissed when the Albion played Oxford in the FA Cup back in 1981. It was the most abject performance that I've seen a Brighton team play.

For this outburst of booing and hissing I most humbly apologise to the club, the players, and the fans, who witnessed this unseemly behaviour.

There! That's got that off my conscience.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
would a member of staff having a horrible accident in the away dressing room and then everyone lying and blaming the home team constitute besmirching your club?

Bescumber would work better. That incident still infuriates me. Pricks.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I may or may not have besmirched the good name of the club by putting the phone number of a former chairman in a North West transvestite contact magazine in 1997 under the name of "Billie".

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Stat Man

Tickle my fancy, fat man
Mar 3, 2009
Brighton
Shirley they are reminding us to behave because Craig Paws:tosser:n is the ref on Saturday.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I don't see the problem with this when surely it's pretty apparent that this is aimed towards a certain type of fan, especially if you read the rest of the article.

In terms of my own besmirching, I will admit that I once lost control of a pie at a match, leaving a noticeable stain on the club crest of my shirt. The shame lives with me to this day.

Been asked to leave 2 Albion games Arsenal at home old 1st division( police didn't like the way the Arsenal fans had kicked me in the face) First game at the Amex for celebrating the winner against Doncaster in the away end:moo: Was also asked not to take my seat for the second half at the Withdean after a few too many in the corporate area:facepalm:

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
"Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club...."

Must at all times and everything within their power are words that my solicitor advises me not to accept in fees agreements that I sign with Clients when working as a consultant. So why should I have to accept this for a poxy season ticket to watch football?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I once was co-editor of a popular Albion fanzine that published an article that questioned the quality of a replica shirts being sold (in comparison to the early examples shown to the press), and after a home game (it may even have been the 1st game at Withdean!) Nick Rowe confronted me and others, I think including [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] outside the Prince Albert pub in Brighton, accusing us of besmirching the good name of the club

I wouldn't have minded, but I didn't write the article, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

Whistles tunelessly whilst walking in the other direction.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
"Seagulls Priority members and match-ticket purchasers must at all times do everything within their power and control to protect and enhance the good name of the club...."

Must at all times and everything within their power are words that my solicitor advises me not to accept in fees agreements that I sign with Clients when working as a consultant. So why should I have to accept this for a poxy season ticket to watch football?

Do you know what, I was just thinking the same thing.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I must own up. On occasions I have befuddled the good name of the club, including but not limited to;

Swearing at the odd game
Attending some games a but tipsy
Not always venerating at the alter of St Paul of mustard

I ask for 6300 other offences to be taken into consideration especially as ive not done everything on my power to control things and others at all times

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I had a pee on the side of the road wearing my ALbion shirt on the way to away games a number of times because I couldn't wait until we got to the services. Does that count?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some decent confessions. Please keep them coming so I can send a bundle over to Paul Barber tomorrow evening.

You'll know whether your own personal besmirching is considered trivial or not when you try to gain access to the stadium on Saturday afternoon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
At Withdean I ordered a DOUBLE cheeseburger. One guy made it and another guy went to take my money.

"Single cheeseburger mate?" He asked.

"ummmm. Yes". I said

I feel terrible. I think I was around 15 though so I expect to be charged as a minor.

Maybe not damaging the clubs reputation but I certainly feel responsible for the club feeling the need to sell Zamora that season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here