Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know you love to slate Brighton fans but how the **** have you got away with insinuating that people who don't rate Bong are racist?
Uh-oh, I don't particularly rate Locadia either.

Where are my matches, I need to light the cross in my garden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got those pillow cases for you by the way R

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you love to slate Brighton fans but how the **** have you got away with insinuating that people who don't rate Bong are racist?
Uh-oh, I don't particularly rate Locadia either.

Where are my matches, I need to light the cross in my garden.

Oh I'd be over the moon to be wrong.
Perhaps you can then explain why a defensive mainstay in the Championship and Premier League, statistically one of last seasons very best full backs and a player who is instantly missed comes in for so much grief, not only from the protection of a keyboard but at the AMEX as well?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Perhaps you can then explain why a defensive mainstay in the Championship and Premier League, statistically one of last seasons very best full backs and a player who is instantly missed comes in for so much grief, not only from the protection of a keyboard but at the AMEX as well?

I take no pleasure in slating players but I would imagine the reason that he gets more grief at the Amex than other players would be because he, unfortunately makes more mistakes than other players, nothing more or less than that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bong doesn’t get any stick in my area of WSU.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ignore

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Nor mine. Unless we're in the same bit.

There's a few on here but not many and no more than give stick to Stephens or Knockaert. Some people just have to have a player to hate.

There are also black players who have taken stick because, guess what, they were shit. Agustien, Akpom and Best. But so were Gardner, Bennet and Colunga of that vintage and they got equally as much stick. :shrug:

To say Brighton fans don't rate Bong because of his colour is, frankly, ridiculous.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take no pleasure in slating players but I would imagine the reason that he gets more grief at the Amex than other players would be because he, unfortunately makes more mistakes than other players, nothing more or less than that.

That'll be where we differ.
I see a rock solid full back who's positives far far outweigh the mistakes and yet receives nit picking critism and no praise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Maybe it's just the kids in the family stand that have questionable tendencies. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To say Brighton fans don't rate Bong because of his colour is, frankly, ridiculous.

Totally agree, but I'm just at a loss to think of another reason.
I'd love to back away from the comment, but sadly 'some people need a player to hate' doesn't help.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you haven’t been away for three years you definitely haven’t seen it done it. The quality of football in the Premier League is light years ahead of what it was when we were last at this level. The stadiums are also mostly newish or refurbed.

I really enjoyed yesterday, even with the result and I am enjoying our gradual improvement. Make no mistake we are a better team than last year. It is painful to watch at times but I will certainly bear with it. Good to see Jose back and I am not a Locadia hater, so can watch him with an open mind. Bissouma looks to have great potential, Maty had an absolute blinder. Ali J really does need to start, he has also been pretty good and attack minded in his cameos so far.

Each to their own though :smile:

I think after 40odd years I have definitely been there and done it, but you are right, each to his own.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see a rock solid full back who's positives far far outweigh the mistakes and yet receives nit picking critism and no praise.

Really?

Agree was my MOTM solid performance and looked comfortable on the ball

Though my bong looked composed as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Bong done well today as well. A player I didn't think would cut it at this level, but he seems to have risen to the challenge of Suttner,

I thought Bong was superb today!

Great to see how has upped his game :bowdown:

Bong is an underrated quality player. Nice to see him being appreciated on this thread.

Bong was excellent today

:shrug:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

That's how you see but others see it differently. His not rock solid in defence, he costs goals and is next to useless coming forward. That is of course my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But last season, wasn't Bong statistically one of the most difficult full backs for the opposition to beat?

If that isn't the case, and in fact quite the reverse, I'll be more than happy to apologise and sit in my wrongness.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Because Brighton has some miserable fans who always want a scapegoat.

Well that's better than Stat's insinuation that we're all racist then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here