Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club needs to employ an away manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even the acolytes and sycophants on here must now realise Hughton travels about as well as Boris Johnson.
He stifles the team, refuses to attack and leaves the best attacking player on the bench until he's needed to dig CH out of another self inflicted hole.

Shirley it's time for some lateral thinking.
There's plenty of good managers out there, some of whom don't even want to work full time, so let's employ one to take over the team for away games.
The first phone call should be to:-

kevinkeegan.jpg

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Tbf, credit must be given to C.H as whatever was said in that dressing room at half time has had an impact in the second half

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't think he said "play like you have never met each other before" He look bloody livid when they showed him on the shy camera's during the first half. I guess the players were not doing what he asked.

Maybe but I'm pretty certain he didnt tell them that the best form of defence is attack!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't think he said "play like you have never met each other before" He look bloody livid when they showed him on the shy camera's during the first half. I guess the players were not doing what he asked.

Bissuoma looked clueless, like he didn't know where he should have been playing

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Agreed. I don’t think 15 minutes is long enough for a manager to change their entire footballing philosophy and strategy and instil that into their team. At the end of the day the players simply didn’t step up to the mark during the first half, they failed to take responsibility for their performance. They collectively played poorly, knew it, and simply needed that reinforcing at half time. It was thoroughly depressing to see them play so poorly in the first half, but very cheering to see that they have the balls to turn it around. Frustrating and reassuring in equal measure.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Even the acolytes and sycophants on here must now realise Hughton travels about as well as Boris Johnson.
He stifles the team, refuses to attack and leaves the best attacking player on the bench until he's needed to dig CH out of another self inflicted hole.

There's plenty of good managers out there, some of whom don't even want to work full time, so let's employ one to take over the team for away games.

View attachment 100620

Sorry, who is our best attacking player that’s left on the bench??

Locadia?, Jahanbaksh?
Neither are as good as Knocky was in the second half last night. He was our best attacking player, and he played the whole game.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think the players need to take responsibility for the first team performance last night. Simple passing went out the window.

Chris has kept us up last season in possibly the toughest world league, with games to spare and last year and we only spent 1 week in the bottom three.

However erratic our performances this year, lets moan when we are marooned in the bottom three playing like a Steve Bruce or Mick MaCarthy manged side.

5 games 5 points this is what Chris does, sure and steadfast.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

View attachment 100620

It doesn't even work as comedy, just more drivel from you.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Fair point, but we've seen a lot of these type of performances now away from home, either in spells or for the entirety of the game (Watford, Hudds, etc).
Is it players not doing what theyre being asked to do, or the players not being comfortable in the roles they're being asked to play away from home? Imo it's happening so often that it has to - at least in part - be the latter? Which is the manager's responsibility.

I hate to criticise hughton, he's taken the club to an incredible place, but to go the next step I really think he needs to re think his away tactics. We cannot rely on starting slowly, going behind and scraping a point with a gutsy comeback. Ironically the few times we have played with confidence and drive away from home have been v some of the big teams. Probably because we feel we have nothing to lose anyway. That does show that we can play confidently and positively away from home though!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair point, but we've seen a lot of these type of performances now away from home, either in spells or for the entirety of the game (Watford, Hudds, etc).
Is it players not doing what theyre being asked to do, or the players not being comfortable in the roles they're being asked to play away from home? Imo it's happening so often that it has to - at least in part - be the latter? Which is the manager's responsibility.

I hate to criticise hughton, he's taken the club to an incredible place, but to go the next step I really think he needs to re think his away tactics. We cannot rely on starting slowly, going behind and scraping a point with a gutsy comeback. Ironically the few times we have played with confidence and drive away from home have been v some of the big teams. Probably because we feel we have nothing to lose anyway. That does show that we can play confidently and positively away from home though!

The players were off the pace in that first half....being outmuscled etc..I dont put that down to tactics but the players themselves....we've had three away games so far this season..Watford crap ..Liverpool good and Southampton 50/50 so the Jurys out on how we are trying to evolve away from home ...in the meantime I think we need to show a tad more patience and remember where we are and that its only the second season back....early days in the season but if you think we have problems then look at the other 2 clubs who came up with us :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Huddersfield in two successive seasons, the first half at Brentford, West Brom, Watford - sometimes you can see after ten minutes that they're just not at it in away games. But credit to the players and CH for turning it around this time. And when you look at it, even though we were almost at our worst, Stains only scored through an unbelievable strike and a penalty that was needlessly conceded.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The players were off the pace in that first half....being outmuscled etc..I dont put that down to tactics but the players themselves....we've had three away games so far this season..Watford crap ..Liverpool good and Southampton 50/50 so the Jurys out on how we are trying to evolve away from home ...in the meantime I think we need to show a tad more patience and remember where we are and that its only the second season back....early days in the season but if you think we have problems then look at the other 2 clubs who came up with us :thumbsup:

Yeah, great point. On reflection, my post is probably too premature. Still a long way to go and a lot of away games to play.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here