Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Scottish Club and why?

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Berwick Rangers - cos they're in England!

(and technically still at war with Prussia, I think).

01287eecfc3d4c8678ba48757ad72929.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Partick Thistle.

Because they're the Glasgow club that isn't Celtic or Rangers..
...and I like the Red & Yellow stripes.

Patrick as well - I liked the colours and Alan Rough was goalkeeper.

Alloa Athletic - I had the subbuteo team and liked the hoops.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One of my best mates is a rangers fan, always good to watch the derby match with him... not so much recently ..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It's always been Queens Park for me. Not that visiting their ground would inspire me. It's mainly because I grew up in Queens Park and my school played in the same colours.

Queens Park used to be strictly an amateur club - Do you know if that is still the case ?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Cowdenbeath and Arbroath are both local rivals of my Scottish team, Montrose Nil FC as l call them. All three teams have been cannon fodder for pretty much as long as l can remember.

Last season though, for pretty much the first time in anyone's living memory, Montrose won promotion. I've no idea why l chose Montrose, probably because it was quite a pleasant sounding name, and as l understand it, it's a pleasant little town with a nice harbour. One day l'll go up and see them play.

Footnote, big Doug Rougvie was player manager at Montrose from 1990 until 1992.

Arbroath And Montrose are reasonably local rivals but Cowdenbeath is a long long way away !

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Similar reason for me - I used to pore over the results section in the Sunday papers and Cowdenbeath always seemed to lose and it was always in front of about 300 fans. My soft spot for them increased when I discovered their nickname is The Blue Brazil. I'm hoping to fulfil a lifetime ambition this season by going to see them - I'm pencilling in the game against Queen's Park in November.

Another vote for the Cows, but don't ask me why, I've never been there or seen them play live.

Cowdenbeath vs Queens Park in November sounds like masochism of the highest order. Maybe that's the reason.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I'm not into any of that sectarian ****, but I became quite an avid armchair Rangers fan during their 1993 Champions League campaign and followed them during Gazza's years up there. Still always look for their result, but nothing more. Suppose they'd still have to be my Scottish team.

Perhaps it appears that way but Rangers are a Loyalist/Unionist supporting club whereas the other ? - do the research !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Another vote for the Jags. I was visiting some friends in Glasgow during a pre-season and saw a few friendlies at various grounds including Celtic Park but it was the quaintness of Partick Thistle that appealed most.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Rangers. The reason is a friend of mine who has a duplex on the same block as me in Turkey is a fanatical Rangers supporter so I can speak more football talk with him I try to keep up with what they are doing,extra interest now that Jamie and Connnor are playing there. He also keeps an eye on what Seagulls and Eastbourne Boro are doing. Mutual admiration society you could call it. !

Wrappo

Feb 2, 2012
Worthing
Annan and Cowdebeath

Passed the Annan ground a year or so back and was about the size of Culver Road way out in the sticks but close to a distillery Also always followed Cowdenbeath because their supporters have put up with so much.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Airdrieonians Rip 2002 did quite a few games in the day with some good lads ,who are still mates today .No interest in the new lot who stole Clydebank's league place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has anyone mentioned St Mirnoff, Torpedo Belgrano or Red Star Bellend yet?

There is a pub in Pett Bottom (yes, I know) near where I live that had a Scottish landlord who put up a sign as you enter the village that said 'Pett Bottom, twinned with Stenhousemuir'. That always made me smile.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yet another vote for the English interlopers.

Always thought that if I won Euro millions with a several rollovers then as I can't compete with Tony down here, I could put a bit of dosh into the Rangers and hopefully at least see one successful season?

Never been though. A friend follows Stenhousemuir and we always threaten to go and see the game whenever they are in the same division but alas they frequently aren't.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Celtic. Comes from the Irish thing, was always brought up being told I supported them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Partick Thistle. Was born just down the road from Firhill. Dad started taking me from the age of 5 and lifted me over the turnstiles til the age of 12 (handful of coppers passed across the grille to turnstile guy) at which point I had to gently point out to him that I was about five foot tall and it was getting to be a bit of a squeeze. We did then try experimenting with me crawling UNDER the turnstiles, but this was soon deemed to be a bit of a non-starter, mainly on account of the accumulated puddles that were a feature for most of the year. Was a bit of a mixed blessing shortly after when dad knackered his knee playing non league football and could barely walk. So me (and my brother) were allowed to to travel the length and breadth of Scotland watching The Maryhill Magyars, on trains jam-packed with Auld Firm fans. They'd pat us on the head and give us sweeties. Was a pretty carefree time, and even more economical than being lifted over the turnstiles. Dad worked for the railways so we got issued with Privilege Tickets for free train travel. Plus we swiftly became adroit at loitering outside the ground an hour before kick-off and getting complimentary tickets off the Thistle players - who appeared to be given handfuls of tickets each without any realistic hope of being able to give them away. So, although I was as ardent a Partick Thistle as they come during my formative years, I feel a slight twinge of guilt that i never put any money into the club coffers other than buying one single scarf and a regular programme and a Macaroon bar :blush:

Brilliant. :lolol:

So you're Scottish, then.

That explains.... a lot . . . . .

:tumble::tumble::tumble:

:wozza::shootself:lolol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The mighty Queen of the South (aka the Doonhamers), from Galloway so my local team (too far to Stranraer), and my old man was a shareholder. still remember being excited when I went aged about 10 with my parents to buy a new car and the salesman was Alan Ball (QoS goalkeeper) would made 600+ appearances. My first great footballl moment was the last game of 80/81 season when we had to win 6-0 to get promoted out of division 2 or Queens Park beat Cowdenbeath. Being pre-internet this involved the odd person in the crowd listening in to the radio, it went round that a penalty had beeen given to QP and it was surreal the ground went deathly quiet, whilst we waited for the news and the place erupted, same in second half Cowdenbeath missed there one, we won 3-0 and promoted to 1st division, mass pitch invasion followed. D7jr’s first ever game was Scottish cup final in 2008 when we nearly beat

is the nearest ground to Palmerston Park, Carlisle United's?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
fairly recently discovered I once had relatives that lived in Uddingston

which could explain my love of Tunnock's Tea Cakes :lol:

had a quick look,I think Albion Rovers is the nearest ground to there?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here