Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga LuaLua

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
A player not required or not considered good enough for a promotion chasing squad. I would suggest that if he is anywhere near the 25 we have not recruited well enough.

Youngest Potting's favourite player when she first discovered the Albion. Doubt whether that would be enough of a recommendation to Chris Hughton to retain him though.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Such a shame his talent is waning now.
He was such a fantastic and exciting player to watch when on song, but I think he's too injury-prone nowadays and past his best.

Doubt if CH will chance putting him in the 25 squad because of that injury record. But I think we'd all like to be proved wrong and most of us have a soft spot for him.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Deserves a chance to prove himself, if he can replicate the early form he had a couple of seasons ago he will be a handful. Doubtful I know but I hope he is given a month of the season or so at least as an impact sub. Goal to game ratio is also good for a winger.

Goals to game ratio, career league total = 18 from 165 appearances, so around 1 goal per 9 games. Equally of note those 165 games are spread over 9 years so around 18 league games per season!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I agree. I'm #teamkaz.

If 100% fit, I'd have him as an impact sub. He is unpredictable and dangerous and different to every other player we have.

Me too.

In his fleeting appearances for Newcastle he did ok. I'd certainly give him a chance, although his injury record is poor. Also a decent replacement for Knockaert if he got injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. Not good enough. Being kept fit for a loan move / signing somewhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Going out on loan according to the argus

Meanwhile, Albion fringe players Kazenga LuaLua, Rohan Ince, Richie Towell and Rob Hunt are all destined to join Portsmouth or Wigan-bound Christian Walton as loan departures.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Great bursts of pace and often put the opposition on the back foot but all too often held onto the ball for too long and lost possession. We really don't need that in the PL so it's a no from me.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Goals to game ratio, career league total = 18 from 165 appearances, so around 1 goal per 9 games. Equally of note those 165 games are spread over 9 years so around 18 league games per season!

Whilst I know statistics can say anything, these are a good screen shot of what KLL is all about. I personally think its more mental than physical with him, sometimes he's in the game other times he's not. Unfortunately for him he no longer has the pace, has no other tricks left and refereees are wise to him throwing himself on the floor. I would be extremely surprised if he was retained.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People talk about Kaz 'on his day' when was the last time he was 'on his day'? Are we still talking about that August when he was player of the month?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On his day he Is definitely PL quality sadly consistency and injuries means those days are few and far between

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's never been the same since coming back from that last long-term injury. He's visibly lost that searing burst of pace to get round a player which, lets face it, was his primary asset. He couldn't do it in the Championship any more, so he'd be completely snuffed out in the PL.

He's nowhere near good enough for us now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think he could be good enough and would be disappointed to see him go.

I do not see as to play to his strengths. More so that Lualua ha to adapt his play to what is required? To justify a place in the 18 he has to run into space and not just wait for the ball with a good defender marking him closely or else he will lose possession too often.

for my mind he has to play a central role to give full play to his advantages;

1) burst of speed
2) sprint speed when fit
3) stamina to last a full game
4) two footed and ability to beat a defender on either foot, unpredictable
5) rare ability to shoot with both feet

The missing seven (long term injured last season): Kayal, Hünemeier, Rosenior, March, Bong, Goldson, Lualua.

All of them never got up to match speed last season because of injuries, all of them with a good pre-season could be in contention. Better than many of the players we have been linked with in rumours.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I do not see as to play to his strengths. More so that Lualua ha to adapt his play to what is required? To justify a place in the 18 he has to run into space and not just wait for the ball with a good defender marking him closely or else he will lose possession too often.

1) burst of speed
2) sprint speed when fit

The missing seven (long term injured last season): Kayal, Hünemeier, Rosenior, March, Bong, Goldson, Lualua.

All of them never got up to match speed last season because of injuries, all of them with a good pre-season could be in contention. Better than many of the players we have been linked with in rumours.

Is Lua Lua the new Buckley? What is your obsession with injury prone wingers and players changing positions. Anyone playing [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] bingo on this thread must be pretty close to a full house.

Lua Lua will be 27 in December, we are not talking about a promising youngster anymore, he should be coming into the prime of his career. People talk about "on his day" well his day seems to come around as often as February 29th does. He was briefly brilliant at the start of the 2015/16 season before getting injured again. He's form and fitness since then has been very patchy. He's only ever appeared in more than half the league games in a season twice in his career. He simply isn't good or fit enough to be a member of a 25 man Premier League squad.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

1) burst of speed
2) sprint speed when fit

Sorry but unpredictable is the LAST word I would ever use to describe Kaz. He does a stepover, takes it with his left, then just powers past whoever is in his way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here