Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Delusion

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
For other uses, see Delusion (disambiguation).
"Delusionism" redirects here. For Wikipedia delusionism (also known as "inletionism"), see meta:delusionism.
See also: Delusional disorder

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Ring any bells lately?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Some people seem deluded into thinking we have a divine right to reach the Premiership and that being a Championship side is "not good enough".

*cheeky*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yup. Some people seem deluded into thinking we have a divine right to, win every game, reach the Premiership and that being a Championship side is "not good enough".

*cheeky*
:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not forgetting those happy-clappy cheer-leading gimps who have spent 3 years telling us CMS is a top class striker, if only he'd get some SERVICE. :rolleyes:
It's a tad fortunate (and feckin criminal) that in all that time, we still haven't played in a fashion to prove me wrong. :facepalm:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yup. Some people seem deluded into thinking we have a divine right to reach the Premiership and that being a Championship side is "not good enough".

*cheeky*

Some. Very few. Our leader does tell us we have a play off squad though so who could blame them?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a tad fortunate (and feckin criminal) that in all that time, we still haven't played in a fashion to prove me wrong. :facepalm:

Thanks. There we have it - DELUSION in action.

FFS. How many other top class striker's do you know of with the first touch of a blind rapist or with a total inability to prevent an awkward bouncing ball from rolling over his shoulder? Alternatively, what about the fact CMS is our record signing with a wage to match - I think I reasonably might expect more than constant whinging about not enough through balls being put onto his toe as the reason for him scoring little more than a handful every season, and being about 10% as effective as Glen Murray has been over the course of the last 3.5 years.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some. Very few. Our leader does tell us we have a play off squad though so who could blame them?

I don't think it's very few. Plenty seem to think things are "not good enough" at the moment when - in fact - things have rarely been better in the history of the Albion.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
- in fact - things have rarely been better in the history of the Albion.

The starting base for that statement is spectacularly low. Are people delusional for expecting the most expensive squad wage wise in our history to be competing in this division when our leader says the players are play off capable?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks. There we have it - DELUSION in action.

FFS. How many other top class striker's do you know of with the first touch of a blind rapist or with a total inability to prevent an awkward bouncing ball from rolling over his shoulder? Alternatively, what about the fact CMS is our record signing with a wage to match - I think I reasonably might expect more than constant whinging about not enough through balls being put onto his toe as the reason for him scoring little more than a handful every season, and being about 10% as effective as Glen Murray has been over the course of the last 3.5 years.
Is that the same Glenn Murray regularly vilified for no effort, in seasons that weren't ones ending in a contract negotiation.
But has now gone into folklore as some kind of stick to beat 'New' Brighton with.

There's not a lot wrong with CMS' first touch.
His second touch is iffy, made worse by the fact his third touch is woeful and embarrassing.

For me if Sami were to be sacked it should have come after the Bournemouth game.
The 2 goals we scored then were shameful.
The fact we had to wait till November for those two through balls (granted the second was more 'hopeful'), and we've not had one since, is beyond worrying.
We will not tuck away 2 goals with such ease all season, and yet no striker had the opportunity before or since.

As with CMS it's beginning to seem like the only way Baldock will score is if he can get on the end of one of his own crosses.

Last edited:

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
In his defence, he runs around a lot looking busy, seems to be a nice bloke and can make a Dolmio tuna pasta bake, as he demonstrated on Latest TV... CMS - we salute you sir!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Delusionism" redirects here. For Wikipedia delusionism (also known as "inletionism"), see meta:delusionism.

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.

Could become a new Albion song, to the tune of 'Delilah' :moo:

Ring any bells lately?

Better than being ignorant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here