Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £7m loss in 2016

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Yet amazingly in about 6 weeks time this board will (hopefully) be full of posters suggesting TB signs the likes of £80k a week Defoe.

All these years and yet not a clue as to how the club is managed.
If we go down and you go up that would be a great signing. I know very much off topic but he would be.

As a Sunderland fan I would love to be in the financial position Palace are in, we really have shown the way not to do the PL

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
This. There's no comparison to any team outside of the top division.

Wasn't the statement that, with the tv money now, it would be virtually impossible for a Premier League club to make a loss?

Hence the massive increase in foreign investment as people see the PL as a cash cow, provided the club in question is run even half decently.

Well done Palace! Once again managing to turn gold into shit. Those US investors must be really happy....

Did the real money not come in this season - which is why it was important for teams to stay up last year or go up from the championship. If I recall does the bottom team this season (us) not earn more than Leicester did last year as champions?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we go down and you go up that would be a great signing. I know very much off topic but he would be.

As a Sunderland fan I would love to be in the financial position Palace are in, we really have shown the way not to do the PL

No he won't, not unless he was looking to downsize.

Signing a Defoe sized wage, would put any Premier League new arrival on the first step.

That step only leads downwards.
Sunderland have been throwing large amounts of good money after bad and it's catching up with them.
Amazingly palace have looked at that template and thought, 'deal us in'.

They now appear to be only a few steps behind, but let's give them credit for almost catching up Sunderland, so quickly.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Another thread about us, the bitterness continues in spades!

Let's be honest chaps, if we stay up and you do come up then you're getting absolutely done by us next season. The days of Pardew are now long gone and we are now a well drilled unit under Allardyce. Your team of Championship journeymen won't be able to live with us :wave:

Ah, the gimp is back. Where were you when you were losing? I'm guessing Stamford Bridge? Or is it the Emirates?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You lot still don't understand where our losses are coming from do you?

Spending nearly all your income on wages doesn't help, but go on explain, I'm all ears .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Wash your mouth out, how dare you praise Palace's financial matters on here !

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I only know hahahahahah who wants to leave... Scott Dann (who couldn't lace Dunks boots)! There's another one!

Do you know exactly what a journeyman is ?
I'll give you a clue, someone who's played for loads of clubs in their career, like Muzza .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Do you know exactly what a journeyman is ?
I'll give you a clue, someone who's played for loads of clubs in their career, like Muzza .

Yeah...This definition sums up loads of your players....

a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

You really had to Google the meaning ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Signing a Defoe sized wage, would put any Premier League new arrival on the first step.

Sunderland have been throwing large amounts of good money after bad and it's catching up with them.

They now appear to be only a few steps behind, but let's give them credit for almost catching up Sunderland, so quickly.

Just guess work at this stage. We'll have the wait to see their audited financial statements for 2016/17. Although they've upped the ante on wages and transfer fees such as on Benteke, the latest PL TV deal has just added £10m's in income per annum.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

If you think you wont have players on the Brighton books earning £80k per week if/when you get to the PL I feel you are a little mistaken. With his current return on goals £80k a week would be a bargain for any club

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you think you wont have players on the Brighton books earning £80k per week if/when you get to the PL I feel you are a little mistaken. With his current return on goals £80k a week would be a bargain for any club
The promoted teams will have a stupendously large wage bill, compared to the season before.
But even then there's still a hell of a gap between that and wholesale joining the 80k+ club.

I'd imagine very attractive bonuses would feature heavily in all new contracts.
Which would be great for a club with a maths genius writing the cheques.

But you have to be a really special kind of lunatic to decide massive wages are the way forward, the moment your team joins the Premier League.

A while ago it was probably Barry Glendenning who was explaining the reasons behind Sunderland's epic failure in the transfer market.
Along the lines of buying high because of league position, coupled with having to pay even higher for the same reason.

The Albion (TB) aren't going to gamble everything just to stay in the Premier League.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014

Are you really taking the piss out of our players? Everyone in our best starting X1 would walk into your team at a canter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here