Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A great big thank you

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Heard a few of our pissed up fans came unstuck after the match yesterday, they were singing " Bristols a shithole I want to go home"
Not a wise thing to do when walking past one of their pubs.

I wasn't impressed with some of our fans that couldn't respect the minutes silence for the armed forces. :tosser:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A few people have really marked themselves out as tossers on this thread. Hope your boy is ok [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION], we've all been there. I remember being at Orient in the terrace when Bobby scored and a load of middle aged fat blokes stormed to the front to celebrate with him, me and a few other youngens got knocked out the way and trampled on. It happens, you just have to crack on really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We actually did try to sit at the front but the stewards insisted we took allocated seats. To be honest, I've been at plenty of away games and been pissed myself.
I find this odd, when I've been away with Stat Club Jnrs the stewards have all but insisted we sit at the front.

At Reading a couple of years ago, as we got our first glimpse of the pitch, the steward in that section said 'you're sitting here', pointing to the front, end of discussion.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I find this odd, when I've been away with Stat Club Jnrs the stewards have all but insisted we sit at the front.

At Reading a couple of years ago, as we got our first glimpse of the pitch, the steward in that section said 'you're sitting here', pointing to the front, end of discussion.
End of discussion? It normally is when you pop up.
There's a few publicans that could do with you at chucking out time.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A few people have really marked themselves out as tossers on this thread. Hope your boy is ok [MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION], we've all been there. I remember being at Orient in the terrace when Bobby scored and a load of middle aged fat blokes stormed to the front to celebrate with him, me and a few other youngens got knocked out the way and trampled on. It happens, you just have to crack on really.

Shame they didn't trample a bit harder.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Just been reading through this.

[MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION] I was in the row in front of you. The guy in question did fall into your son and he did knock him off his seat, which was an unfortunate and regrettable incident.

Now the reason this incident happened, was he was in the row of seats to your left. Before the minutes silence a group arrived and claimed these were their seats. They were fairly forceful in getting people to move, including jabbing the person in question in the back as he was, after an exchange of words moving. He ended up in the aisle and was somewhat angry to the point of wanting to go back into the row to continue arguing. Next to me was a spare seat, myself and his brother were trying to pull him towards that seat and he was trying to go the other way, this is where he fell into your row and unfortunately knocked your son off his seat.

Now I totally agree your son should not have had his day ruined and it is not on this happened. But there was more to this incident that your insinuation 'that is was pissed up lads'.

Myself and his brother apologised to you as soon as the incident happened. Yes in hindsight the person that fell into your son should have done more to apologise, but in the heat of the moment, due to the earlier incident, I would suggest his focus was elsewhere.

Also, all that beer thrown around downstairs, nothing to do with us, I would never waste a pint in that way.

So again, from those of us around you, apologies that your's and your sons day was ruined. However please just be aware there was a catalogue of events that led to this, not an excuse, just stating the facts.

Probably setting myself up for the NSC judge, jury and executioner treatment, but there you go.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

[MENTION=2349]Skaville[/MENTION] I was in the row in front of you. The guy in question did fall into your son and he did knock him off his seat, which was an unfortunate and regrettable incident.

Now the reason this incident happened, was he was in the row of seats to your left. Before the minutes silence a group arrived and claimed these were their seats. They were fairly forceful in getting people to move, including jabbing the person in question in the back as he was, after an exchange of words moving. He ended up in the aisle and was somewhat angry to the point of wanting to go back into the row to continue arguing. Next to me was a spare seat, myself and his brother were trying to pull him towards that seat and he was trying to go the other way, this is where he fell into your row and unfortunately knocked your son off his seat.

Now I totally agree your son should not have had his day ruined and it is not on this happened. But there was more to this incident that your insinuation 'that is was pissed up lads'.

Myself and his brother apologised to you as soon as the incident happened. Yes in hindsight the person that fell into your son should have done more to apologise, but in the heat of the moment, due to the earlier incident, I would suggest his focus was elsewhere.

Also, all that beer thrown around downstairs, nothing to do with us, I would never waste a pint in that way.

So again, from those of us around you, apologies that your's and your sons day was ruined. However please just be aware there was a catalogue of events that led to this, not an excuse, just stating the facts.

Probably setting myself up for the NSC judge, jury and executioner treatment, but there you go.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate that was no malice intended towards my lad. Just very frustrating, expensive and scary for my boy. Also a little embarrassing given the girl I was with isn't mine. I'd been trusted to take her to her first ever game. So much for that!

To be honest, a few words of apology from the guy in question would have really helped so it's a shame he couldn't have calmed down and seen sense despite his brother explaining that he'd really hurt and upset my boy. I can't say I have a lot of sympathy for him getting jabbed in back given he was in someone else's seat. The only reason I didn't try and sit somewhere else myself is because we had pretty much sold out so you know if someone wants your seat you are going to have to move,

Why on earth didn't the club use a bit of common sense if it was promoted as a family away match. All that was needed was to arrange for tickets for families to be sat in the same area probably near the front. It would have taken one steward to organise this to make sure only families sat in that area.

Looks like another major error by the club and Barbarar! That poor man could have broken his neck falling over this random non drinking little person!(running wild):facepalm: Just as i was thinking things were going well with this club!

Now the reason this incident happened, was he was in the row of seats to your left. Before the minutes silence a group arrived and claimed these were their seats. They were fairly forceful in getting people to move, including jabbing the person in question in the back as he was, after an exchange of words moving. He ended up in the aisle and was somewhat angry to the point of wanting to go back into the row to continue arguing. Next to me was a spare seat,MYSELF and his brother were trying to pull him towards that seat and he was trying to go the other way, this is where he fell into your row and unfortunately knocked your son off his seat.

Seems somebody else was partly responsible???

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Christ heaven forbid someone was drunk at the football? From the sounds of it YOU promptly kicked off? In which case you are clearly the greater dickhead, talk about setting an example to your sun :facepalm:

He's got a lot of energy has that one!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some of the replies here are totally unjustified. I'm sorry the OP had the enjoyment of his day affected. Where little ones are involved we all reserve the right to act how we think it's best to for our kids.

We offer great facilities for kids at the amex but the numbers travelling to away games is understandably less.

Today was promoted as a family away day so I suspect there were many little ones on their first away trip.

Sadly the later kick off did increase the number of prats. 20 minutes before kick off on the concourse I had to deflect a rubbish win from hitting a kid so one of the heavy drinkers who 'was enjoying football as he should' decided to throw around.

This goon group was only about half a dozen strong. Never had an issue with those who wanna buy beer and pour it on the floor but for me a line was crossed by some today.

Hope OP son feels up for another away game soon. They really are great, especially at the moment.

I don't really get the throwing of beer around on a concourse.
I saw that lot but luckily enough moved along to the next bar before I got showered in Fosters.

If these 18 year olds want to throw beer at each other fair enough but don't do it near others on a packed concourse.
At £4 a pint these boys must have plenty of spare cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here