Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Lansbury goes to Burnley, or elsewhere, then it's very possible they'll try and get Clayton.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
would question your 'decent squad' quote ?

You are a remorselessly miserable chap aren't you. Is there anything about the Albion you actually do like? (I don't know perhaps, The Amex maybe, successive play-offs, the new training ground, the sensible management of the club, the incredible level of accessibility to senior staff....?)

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I think we have to accept that there will be no new signings this week ( and certainly not in time to properly integrate them before the first game). I know I will upset a fair few on here but the lack of transfer activity does not bode well for the coming season.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Well if I had been told he had always lived in Manchester I would not have got so excited that he might join us. Stupid beard anyway!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we've missed out to boro I'd be well pissed off.

Boro are assembling a very strong team and are looking good under Karanka,

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oops, not great when we have been after him since January.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well if I had been told he had always lived in Manchester I would not have got so excited that he might join us. Stupid beard anyway!

Page 1 post #3

Let's leave aside how poor the grammar, spelling and sub-editing is on that piece and consider the vital bit of information in it which is that he's spent his whole career oop north. When it comes to agreeing personal terms we're going to have to make it worth his while to undergo a significant move. He could probably commute to 'Boro....

*COUGHS VERY LOUDLY*

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why the hell would you want to go to Middlesborough? Must like playing in front of 12 people.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I think we have to accept that there will be no new signings this week ( and certainly not in time to properly integrate them before the first game). I know I will upset a fair few on here but the lack of transfer activity does not bode well for the coming season.

Omnishambles, the last few months.

'Premiership ready' my a**e.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yet again we don't appear to be willing to play what a player is worth. What a shambles.

D

Deleted member 22389

The link I orginally posted from the Argus should now read "Duo expected to sign"
Fing bollocks these transfer going ons. I have been usually satisfied with transfers in the past, but I am now worried for this season.

Thing is lack of signings will put people off buying a Season ticket and it feels like we are going to get stuffed on Saturday.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Talk me through that one Naylor!!!
Disappointed but we move on

Or any of the other 'reliable' sources? Things happen, people change their minds, clubs up their bids ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here