Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray: The £75 million a season man.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
If only Bloom could learn from the likes of let's say Leeds, Blackpool , Wigan and Forest we'd be laughing.

if he took a leaf out of lets sat the stains book and kept his striker,or even the Palace book poach your rivals striker for peanuts,then he might not be throwing close to 10 million a season down the drain

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
As in post #51 your confusing Murray's ability to score goals with palace's ability to create goals, and transferring that directly onto our toothless Albion SQUAD.

Wake up.

When palace were shitehouse so was 9 goal Murray.
When palace began to attack (and dive) Murray flourished.

We have never attacked, and KLL only dives when 30 yards from goal, so he can shoot.

Murray would have just been yet another AMEX era failed striker.

I disagree , the season of our promotion Glenn and Ashley were scoring for fun with the rest of the team contributing, why would any sane chairman break that partnership up for the peanuts that the scum offered

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I disagree , the season of our promotion Glenn and Ashley were scoring for fun with the rest of the team contributing, why would any sane chairman break that team up
Because no sane chairman picks the team, he employs a manager to do that.
That manager pulled a fookin great big hand brake the moment he got the free flowing team promoted.

A hand brake that, as yet, seems impossible to loosen.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Because no sane chairman picks the team, he employs a manager to do that.
That manager pulled a fookin great big hand brake the moment he got the free flowing team promoted.

A hand brake that, as yet, seems impossible to loosen.

The hand brake as you put it and as i understand it was pulled by Tony on his insistence on complying with FFP before it was implemented, Gus stated at the time that the funds were not available for the meagre pay rise that Glenn wanted

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The hand brake as you put it and as i understand it was pulled by Tony on his insistence on complying with FFP before it was implemented, Gus stated at the time that the funds were not available for the meagre pay rise that Glenn wanted
Oh jeeez I'm to tired to feed your crazy agenda.

The hand brake is playing Bridcutt Dicker and Navarro.
Only playing one winger.
And NEVER playing anyone 'off' and in direct support of the centre forward.

It's got fook all to do with money and EVERYTHING to do with tactics.

The one caveat I'll give is Bloom may well have intimated (although it shouldn't have needed saying), words to the effect of:-
'don't go Kevin Keegan crazy and get relegated'.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Then they signed CMS for £2.5 mill, and on more money ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
So let me get this straight. Is Murray, currently back in favour with mid table Prem club Palace coming back to us who previously would not give him a pay rise, but then signed CMS for more wages, and now struggling in the 2nd Division, then or not? Have we ever considered the prospect of him returning before?

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
the ridiculous decision made by Bloom was to trust Poyet on that one

It was Tony that would not sanction the pay rise , Gus stated at the time that he felt the club lacked the required ambition for promotion and that he would leave if that did not change,then the club shat on him from a great height

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
The dream irony would be a Palace reject joining us for free, scoring for fun, but continuing to live in Croydon because he loves the place.......

Nah - it would never happen!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh jeeez I'm to tired to feed your crazy agenda.

The hand brake is playing Bridcutt Dicker and Navarro.
Only playing one winger.
And NEVER playing anyone 'off' and in direct support of the centre forward.

It's got fook all to do with money and EVERYTHING to do with tactics.

The one caveat I'll give is Bloom may well have intimated (although it shouldn't have needed saying), words to the effect of:-
'don't go Kevin Keegan crazy and get relegated'.

Out of interest. How many games did Bridcutt, Navarro and Dicker start together?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The dream irony would be a Palace reject joining us for free, scoring for fun, but continuing to live in Croydon because he loves the place.......

Nah - it would never happen!

The scum would never allow a chairman that stupid to take control

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Out of interest. How many games did Bridcutt, Navarro and Dicker start together?
Probably one.
That'll still be one more than the games we played with 2 wingers, and an attacking midfielder.

But I don't believe the truth has anything to do with the point I'm making :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here