Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special Pie...

Ruffy

Jun 24, 2014
Hmm, I went for the guest pie, initially there was a chicken one in the box so I went back and changed it and found the pulled pork one was ok but there didn't seem to be much by way pork.

Hmmm..... I was confused too when I got chicken! Queues were too big to swap it though! Still tasted alright thou, but sounds like I missed a goodun :(

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Had a pie at Bournemouth on Saturday, it was a bloody AWFUL stodgy undercooked heap of crap and only slightly cheaper than ours. Barber IN.

So did I, what they advertised as "home made" was horrible, I had the chicken pie and there was one lump of chicken inside.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are the guest pies generally always better than the standard ones, and based on the fact most people prefer them why are they not always on the menu, like theChicken Balti used to be . Would this not boost sales?

I guess because they don't have to supply so greater numbers as they do with the standard pies. The quality could reduce the higher number of pies made.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
That was a gorgeous pie, not quite as good as the Chilli pie, but it'll do!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think there was a thread ages ago when Piglets asked for suggestions for guest pies can't seem to find it- can anyone help me out with a link?

Thanks.

At least a pound too expensive so no. Will only buy stuff you cant bring in, such as pints

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Spinach and ricotta
I et it up a lotta
Pastry wrapped around it kept it warm

Each bite a juicy spillage
Green stains on my lapelage
I adore the pie-maker for their form

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Reading this thread has made me hungry, I am going to get to the ground early saturday and get me a pie and hopefully it will be as tasty as you all say.:thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
At least a pound too expensive so no. Will only buy stuff you cant bring in, such as pints

If they sold run of the mill pies I would agree but for the quality and the fact it's being sold at a football ground I think it's about right, As a comparison I went to Sainsbury's the other week and to buy a pie off the shelf of equal quality the prices were around £3.50-£3.70.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If they sold run of the mill pies I would agree but for the quality and the fact it's being sold at a football ground I think it's about right, As a comparison I went to Sainsbury's the other week and to buy a pie off the shelf of equal quality the prices were around £3.50-£3.70.
But the quality isn't even that great now, the pastry is rock hard and very little filling, in stark contrast to the first season when they were spot on.
For that reason I buy a decent quality burger at the swan instead.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hmm, I went for the guest pie, initially there was a chicken one in the box so I went back and changed it and found the pulled pork one was ok but there didn't seem to be much by way pork, there was sauce and there was these mini square things which I guess was veg. I guess I was unlucky as I was expecting something along the lines of the pulled pork rolls which they do but was left disappointed.

I might have to attempt it again on Saturday then as it sounds like I had a dud

Me too.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
But the quality isn't even that great now, the pastry is rock hard and very little filling, in stark contrast to the first season when they were spot on.
For that reason I buy a decent quality burger at the swan instead.

I've only had the one pie so far this season and I have to say it was fine, piping hot and plenty of filling but if the general quality of pie has gone down then that's something for the club question the supplier about rather than having to drop the price.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

By contrast, MK Don'ts sell EXACTLY the same Piglets for £3.20.

That said, I tried a special on Tuesday and it was delish. Pie wasn't bad either...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here