Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ..For those of us who moan about the difficulty of getting to the Amex !!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
How much is airfare from India to Russia if it’s cheaper to fly to Dubai and buy a $700 bike there?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hold on.
So he got as far as Dubai by plane, a distance equivalent to London to Madrid. From there he purchased a bike ($700) and had $10 a day for 45 days ($450) giving him $1150 which he could have used to buy a ticket to Russia from Dubai. He has a match ticket so transport is free in Russia so getting to Moscow should be easy. Also Argentina are only a free four hour train journey away and so he could get very close to the team. Once there I'm sure a journalist would take him under his wing. Meeting Messi, that's never going to happen.
All that said, congratulations to the guy and I hope he gets to see a good game, France v Denmark might be exciting or a 'we've qualified' reserves fixture.
AAAGGGHHH
Edit.
Ticket from Dubai to Moscow on the 24th June is £270 Return ticket a few days later is £340
DOUBLE AAAGGGHHH
He could have flown from Mumbai to Moscow same dates. Return price £530

Yes, I'm bored.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Cycling takes you back to the primitive necessities of life. ”

Maybe he should arrange a trip to Stoke next season if this is what he’s after.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If he was a child, the meeting with Messi, hospitality, best seats and a signed shirt would have already been arranged!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hold on.
So he got as far as Dubai by plane, a distance equivalent to London to Madrid. From there he purchased a bike ($700) and had $10 a day for 45 days ($450) giving him $1150 which he could have used to buy a ticket to Russia from Dubai. He has a match ticket so transport is free in Russia so getting to Moscow should be easy. Also Argentina are only a free four hour train journey away and so he could get very close to the team. Once there I'm sure a journalist would take him under his wing. Meeting Messi, that's never going to happen.
All that said, congratulations to the guy and I hope he gets to see a good game, France v Denmark might be exciting or a 'we've qualified' reserves fixture.
AAAGGGHHH
Edit.
Ticket from Dubai to Moscow on the 24th June is £270 Return ticket a few days later is £340
DOUBLE AAAGGGHHH
He could have flown from Mumbai to Moscow same dates. Return price £530

Yes, I'm bored.

This all day long. Though it's a nice story, it doesn't really bear any kind of close scrutiny. Unless he gets his kicks from engaging with happy smiling obliging border guards in multiple countries.

Wonder if he's related at all to the Goa postcode memory bloke? He had a bike. And a similarly barely plausible yarn.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here