PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I certainly have some skeletons,

Billy Don't Be a Hero-Paper Lace
Jake The Peg- Rolf Harris
Ernie- Benny Hill
Postman Pat.......... The others I can excuse because I was at school, but this one , I must have been in my thirties ???!!!!!

But the worst and most embarrassing is Tragedy by The Bee Gees. I was very much a punk rocker by this time, therefore buying this was almost treason. I was so scared anyone would find out, that I completely decimated the front and back sleeve with thick black marker pen and scratched out all the writing on the label with a stanley knife. It was one of those plastic labels, not the paper type. And to this day, I have still got away with it........................

Oh bugger .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I certainly have some skeletons,

Billy Don't Be a Hero-Paper Lace
Jake The Peg- Rolf Harris
Ernie- Benny Hill
Postman Pat.......... The others I can excuse because I was at school, but this one , I must have been in my thirties ???!!!!!

But the worst and most embarrassing is Tragedy by The Bee Gees. I was very much a punk rocker by this time, therefore buying this was almost treason. I was so scared anyone would find out, that I completely decimated the front and back sleeve with thick black marker pen and scratched out all the writing on the label with a stanley knife. It was one of those plastic labels, not the paper type. And to this day, I have still got away with it........................

Oh bugger .

Among the pile of utter shite you bought, 'tragedy' is actually pretty decent. I was also a punk rocker at the time. But I also remember the diarrhetic deluge of crud the BGs (sorry, couldn't resist :lolol:) put out in the 60s. By contrast, tragedy is a masterpiece. Anyway, Saturday night knickers was almost impossible to avoid, if you were courting at the time. I decided to embrace it. May have been a mistake....:cheers:punk::facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First single bought - Bohemian Rhapsody (I'm aware some NSC'ers hate Queen)

Later I bought ths definitely naff single (warning: One of Leeds own, presents this TOTP):

To be fair, Queen's first album was class.

I have an increasingly creepy feeling I am going to get jumped on shortly by someone who may have decided I'm sneery and condescending (not you @<u><a href="http://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=21158" target="_blank">Weststander</a></u>, mon vieux). In my defence, I have spent days drafting a redrafting one of the most pedantic articles I have ever written, in defence of the integrity of a science journal under attack for disallowing statistical analysis when group sizes are less than n=5. This is the sort of tedious and nuanced bollocks my academic career has sunken to. No wonder I spend so much time on NSC. Or perhaps...cart...horse? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here