Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heating up soup in kettle....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have you thought about trying a nice kettle casserole? Rice pudding could be interesting too.......................

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember my Dad telling me that as a student (probably simply to save washing up a pan) he would boil an egg in the kettle, whilst making his cup of tea, for an instant breakfast.

Ignoring the minor risk of a painful death through salmonella poisoning, it seems quite a practical plan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
In Ibiza about 10 years ago, we had a hotel room next door to some lads from Barnsley. They'd spent all their spending money on gak that all they could afford to eat the last 2 days was tins of potatoes which they emptied in a kettle to boil for a bit and then eat.

RONALDEANO

Jun 29, 2017
Haywards Heath
My other half was babysitting at a clients house one night and she wanted to make a hot chocolate. So she decided to boil the MILK in the kettle:facepalm:

She then proceeded to spend the next three house trying to scrub the chard remains off from the bottom of the kettle.

She returned 4 weeks later and they had a new kettle.:lol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My other half was babysitting at a clients house one night and she wanted to make a hot chocolate. So she decided to boil the MILK in the kettle:facepalm:

She then proceeded to spend the next three house trying to scrub the chard remains off from the bottom of the kettle.

She returned 4 weeks later and they had a new kettle.:lol:

And she was put in charge of a baby?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
At university, I used to fry stuff in my toasted sandwich maker. I did boil some milk once in my kettle, but it took so long to clean it afterwards that I didn't bother doing it again. When's that Man City match again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here