Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important business

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Dunno what the fuss is about - these days, whenever the fabulous HB shows any sign of getting close to the title, moderator skullduggery occurs and some insignificant animal kingdom underling is miraculously catapulted to the top.

I hadn't thought about moderator skullduggery in the context of WHC before. I think your idea has merit though - perhaps a little judicious temporary ban of those accounts who support the badger you mean; that sort of thing? Remind me, which animal will you be supporting?

Aug 23, 2011
The shrew is underated. It has is almost blind yet takes on scorpions. It has venom but rarely uses it and crushes its victims skulls in a mortal kombat style death move.......Team Shrew

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
This is the year of the Bulldog Ant

'The most dangerous ant in the world is the bulldog ant (Myrmecia pyriformis) found in coastal regions in Australia. In attack it uses its sting and jaws simultaneously. There have been at least three human fatalities since 1936, the latest a Victorian farmer in 1988.'

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I hate it that insects never get anywhere. Imagine if a wasp or a praying mantis was man-sized. Jesus Christ.

Instead it's all let's vote for generic fat mammals like hippos because they eat a lot and can squash you if they fell out of a tree onto you :yawn:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The shrew is underated. It has is almost blind yet takes on scorpions. It has venom but rarely uses it and crushes its victims skulls in a mortal kombat style death move.......Team Shrew

That tiny BAT that was on Planet Earth laughs in the FACE of your crappy shrew. The bat (also blind) eats FIVE scorpions per NIGHT, despite getting regularly stung on the HEAD in the process.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm giving up on that ****ing honey badger. It's done nothing but let me down for the past 9 years. NOTHING.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The competition is going from strength to strength though - 2506 voted were cast in WHC 2016 which is a record (beating 2362 votes in 2010). I reckon with the additions of some of the Planet Earth animals that could be beaten this time.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This is the year of the Bulldog Ant

'The most dangerous ant in the world is the bulldog ant (Myrmecia pyriformis) found in coastal regions in Australia. In attack it uses its sting and jaws simultaneously. There have been at least three human fatalities since 1936, the latest a Victorian farmer in 1988.'

Well if he'd lived since the 1800's,his death was surely long overdue anyway!

Aug 23, 2011
That tiny BAT that was on Planet Earth laughs in the FACE of your crappy shrew. The bat (also blind) eats FIVE scorpions per NIGHT, despite getting regularly stung on the HEAD in the process.

I've not seen the bat so i can't comment on it but could potentially support it once i've done some research however the shrew probably does eat 5 scorpions a night as it eats every 2 hours. However getting stung on the head isn't hard, thats just stupid........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here