Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd rather lose Stephens than kayal and rather lose dunk than goldson. If we got 17 million for the pair I'd be happy .

I'd rather chop a goolie off than go back to the dark days of Liam Bridcutt.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Even in a 4-4-2 formation 1 of the middle 2 is usually a more defensive minded midfielder. In our case it more often than not Stephens who gets forward so we just swap Bridcutt for Stephens and push Kayal forward not exactly playing in front of the back 4 as a 5th defender but as the more defensive of the 2 middle men. I hope we keep Stephens but am thinking of the worst possible scenario.

One does not simply swap Bridcutt for Stephens. Stephens is all round a better player, plus he has the added ability of knowing how to score, an art that was , on the whole, lost on Liam.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One does not simply swap Bridcutt for Stephens. Stephens is all round a better player, plus he has the added ability of knowing how to score, an art that was , on the whole, lost on Liam.

That is why I asked the question do you bring back LB or go for an AM like Pritchard who did very well for Brentford in this division but seems out of favour at Spurs. Could Kayal take over DS goal scoring mantle?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That is why I asked the question do you bring back LB or go for an AM like Pritchard who did very well for Brentford in this division but seems out of favour at Spurs. Could Kayal take over DS goal scoring mantle?

I'd be delighted if we signed Pritchard, I'd be confident he'd score more than enough goals to cover Stephens tally.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather lose Stephens than kayal and rather lose dunk than goldson. If we got 17 million for the pair I'd be happy .

Even if we bank most of it and sign some lower league "ones for the future" at less than a million for the two?

I completely get why TB might want to do that but it's not my money so I feel differently.

Just remember how we invested the Ulloa money....COG

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hahahaha - 'Alternative' just so happens to be a former player who can't fit into the current system. :facepalm:

NO IMAGINATION.

Even if we bank most of it and sign some lower league "ones for the future" at less than a million for the two?

I completely get why TB might want to do that but it's not my money so I feel differently.

You may want to look at the BHAFC accounts for 2014/15 and then revisit what happened to the money received for Ulloa (and Buckley).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You may want to look at the BHAFC accounts for 2014/15 and then revisit what happened to the money received for Ulloa (and Buckley).

Was it COG and all the loan players who almost got us relegated by any chance?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Or maybe, if we do sell players, we will invest the money back in the team and have a better team in the end. You must be permanently miserable. Everything seems to be glass half empty.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don't want to Stephens go, but if there is £7m plus being banded about for a bloke with 12 months on his contract left, we are going to find it very hard to say no..

This in a nutshell.......he's not featured in the friendlies, big fee rumours are circulating, his contract is not that long, we would not stop a player from progressing in his career, we make millions out of it for his replacement. Really what's not to like? He has gone IMHO. Hope he hasn't but it's not the be all and end all. He's gone, move on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Or maybe, if we do sell players, we will invest the money back in the team and have a better team in the end. You must be permanently miserable. Everything seems to be glass half empty.

I'm only miserable about you stalking me on here :smile:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Like we did when we sold Ulloa, Buckley and Bridcutt you mean?.

As was said elsewhere we spent a lot of money following Ulloa's departure. It just wasn't spent very well.

Last season we spent over £10 million on players without selling any players. I'm basing my view on that and the quality of players we've managed to bring in since Winstanley headed up recruitment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here