Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of the King

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure what everyone here was watching but Duffy was by far the best on show tonight

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not sure what everyone here was watching but Duffy was by far the best on show tonight

I've had a pop at Duffy over the last few matches, and that poor period during December and January, but he was immense tonight. Not sure he was my MotM though. Dunk and Kayal probably eclipsed him, and Ryan had the most spectacular moment, with one of his best saves of the season. I was delighted to see the bearded wonder snuffling out Son too (well for the most part).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Antony for me, just

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Before tonight I thought Kayal looked off the pace.

Tonight, he was combative in midfield when we really needed it. His positioning and reading of the game was excellent. Solid performance.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Before tonight I thought Kayal looked off the pace.

Tonight, he was combative in midfield when we really needed it. His positioning and reading of the game was excellent. Solid performance.

Yes. Combatative. Good choice of words. He certainly was that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sort of game that really suited him. He’s not the most creative but what he can do is put in a massive shift, tackle well and give it simple.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Amazed to find on the Sky app that Kayal and Dunk rated as 6, the joint lowest score of anyone on the pitch. Both were worth 8 for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Amazed to find on the Sky app that Kayal and Dunk rated as 6, the joint lowest score of anyone on the pitch. Both were worth 8 for me.

Can’t have been watching. Our best two players, then Knocky and Ryan.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
His best game for at least a couple of years, thank goodness, because I genuinely thought he wasn't up to the Premier League based on his previous performances this year.
We need him to play well, we are so desperately light in our midfield options.

However ... Gross was MOM for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kayal really stepped up to the plate tonight, the Spurs midfield never got it going at any stage.

Everyone from 1-11 played well for us, but a special mention for Gross who had the bottle to score that pen. Huge point for us.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Yep. Hands down.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murray

That's 8 of our championship team stepping up at the business end of the Premier league and doing the business. Not forgetting Solly coming on and Leo from a former Championship squad.

Warms the cockles.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Missed game tonight but not surprised to hear of Kayal excelling when the pressure's on. His mindset and focus are spot on. If next season's team dynamics allow, I'd play him in the current Propper space and push Davy further upfront where he might be more productive in terms of goals (Huddersfield miss notwithstanding). Come on Albion.. love it.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murray

That's 8 of our championship team stepping up at the business end of the Premier league and doing the business. Not forgetting Solly coming on and Leo from a former Championship squad.

Warms the cock.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here