Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh dear....Dale Stephens

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Give him every chance to be close" = Take the body out of the morgue

... and they've spoken to Dr Frankenstein and his lab team are getting ready. Apparently they're just waiting for the thunderstorm to power the equipment and then he should be at least on the bench.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He’s actually been “outside training”
with everyone else.
https://twitter.com/officialbhafc/status/979338367782543360
And now he’s back training as expected and they’re being careful. He’s so far missed one league game this season.
The insinuation that he’s being misleading is ridiculous.
Capable except we don’t. He’s given nearly 50 odd updates on player knocks and fitness this season and all have er, turned out to be true.
He had a slight knock before the Everton game on the 10th March. A month later he then missed the next two games and a month later is a doubt for the next. That doesn't sound like a slight knock to me. And it's also a bit weird that he was outside training with everyone else.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He had a slight knock before the Everton game on the 10th March. A month later he then missed the next two games and a month later is a doubt for the next. That doesn't sound like a slight knock to me. And it's also a bit weird that he was outside training with everyone else.

What’s your explanation then ? (Players like everyone else don’t recover from injuries in a straight line - or pick up further problems along the way - CH went into full detail about the complications at last weeks press conference)
If chris is lying - why ? Can you imagine him doing that ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What’s your explanation then ? (Players like everyone else don’t recover from injuries in a straight line - or pick up further problems along the way - CH went into full detail about the complications at last weeks press conference)
If chris is lying - why ? Can you imagine him doing that ?

A lot of cloak and dagger stuff goes on at times like this l reckon. Keeps the opposition guessing too.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
DS just seems one of those players who takes ages to heal ...same when he did his foot in a couple of seasons ago..if memory serves me right!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The club don't like to tell the opposition what team they'll be facing.

Really ? Why do any fitness updates then at press conferences ? He’s done 50+ others this season and all say x is fit/not fit and they turn out to be true. Why start now ?

Why say Bong was fit last week when er, he was and he played?
Why not be vague about it ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A lot of cloak and dagger stuff goes on at times like this l reckon. Keeps the opposition guessing too.

It really doesn’t. He’s done multiple updates this season (I’ve counted 50+) giving full detail about injury updates and none have turned out to be misinformation.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can tell them.....Stephens won’t be playing :wink:

What would they do otherwise ? Have they really got some other plan for Kayal ?
He’s struggling to get fit again for various reasons that CH has explained in detail in press conferences. Why the insistence he’s a liar ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What would they do otherwise ? Have they really got some other plan for Kayal ?
He’s struggling to get fit again for various reasons that CH has explained in detail in press conferences. Why the insistence he’s a liar ?

No, not having this again, I have not said anything other than Stephens won’t be playing. Where have I suggested CH is lying? :smile:

I have only seen Naylor’s tweet and have no idea what CH has been saying. I am just going on how things generally pan out when players are doubtful, so I don’t expect Stephens to be playing or even on the bench.

You take it all too personally!

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
The point is that way back when, this was described as a minor training ground knock. The question is, how has it morphed into something really quite serious that requires a number of weeks absence? Nobody is accusing anyone of telling porkies. It would just be nice to know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, not having this again, I have not said anything other than Stephens won’t be playing. Where have I suggested CH is lying? :smile:

I have only seen Naylor’s tweet and have no idea what CH has been saying. I am just going on how things generally pan out when players are doubtful, so I don’t expect Stephens to be playing or even on the bench.

It would seem the most reliable source of information is still Stephens brother.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
DS just seems one of those players who takes ages to heal ...same when he did his foot in a couple of seasons ago..if memory serves me right!

Much bigger story to that tale and quite complicated too. Wasn't as straight forward as simply taking a while to recover.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Is there any point in having a discussion with ChailyJem on anything club related.

There are clearly times in the last few seasons the club haven't been 100% truthful with fans about the injuries of some players, however I dont blame them as it keeps it away from the opposition as well.

Its a running joke amoungst my friends that if a player is out for a week or two you should expect a couple of months at least.

Zamora, Kayal, Sidwell, Bong injuries all in the last couple of seasons have started out small and ended up being much longer.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I doubt we'll see Stephens for the rest of the season. Just a gut feeling and hope I'm wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here