Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere today

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
IMHO there were a record low number of early leavers yesterday, even the East Stand was virtually full at the end. Great atmosphere, crowd right behind the team even straight after their goal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good support today and a great game, just if you are going to leave early from that game then the early leavers is a problem that's with us for good. An alarming amount did seem to nip off from the esl tbh.
Didn't seem alarming from where I was sat, it was packed. It didn't look alarming from the tv pictures either.

Everyone is pretty happy about just about everything from yesterday. All in all as a Brighton fan of 46 years, it was as near perfect as possible.

I wonder why you need to find a negative? Always a dig at our fans when we are very happy with things when we achieve a great result and if we don't do so well it's a dig at the club.

Maybe just don't bother posting with your negativity? Your posting history is a close to trolling as possible if it's not trolling.

*Just a note, I don't think the club is perfect or the fans. But there are good times to complain, yesterday wasn't one of them.*

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sounded magnificent on the radio and the commentary team noted the volume of the crowd in the closing moments.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Thought generally the atmosphere was great yesterday. Loud, passionate and generally united.

Which makes the negativity that was there yeaterday all the more frustrating.

Ive written elsewhere of incidents in the family stand yesterday where a group, who have been negative about bong all season surpassed themselves yesterday by slagging off murray for holding the ball in our box and playing it out. A boy with them was effing and jeffing and a bloke in front of them asked them to be more positive and got a mouthful of abuse before the mother of the group then picked a fight with a mother of 3 young kids who was also annoyed/frustrated by the negativity and swearing and muttered something to her husband before being set upon and from where i was, seemingly pushed by the mouthy woman.

Other people then tried to reason with the troublesome group and confirming that they too had grown tired of the constant moaning, negativity etc and steward was called. The group tried to tell the steward it was everybody elses fault and he quite rightly tried to defuse/diffuse the situation. The negativity and moaning was much reduced in the second half.

The thing is, i know a family that moved from tbe row in front of these people last year because of their moaning etc. It seems others are now thinking of doing the same which is a huge pity.

Being noisy great, being frustrated i understand but not when youre 2 nil up at home against arsenal!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good support today and a great game, just if you are going to leave early from that game then the early leavers is a problem that's with us for good. An alarming amount did seem to nip off from the esl tbh.

I left at 85 minutes. It was emotional. :rave::thumbsup::bigwave::rock::moo:

el punal

Why was it alarming? Was there a fire drill? Why does it bother you if someone leaves early, it's not as if they're asking you to leave as well? Just enjoy a wonderful result and a wonderful day.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why are some fans OBSESSED about when OTHER fans leave the game?

I just don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Did I really hear a chant of 'You dirty northern ********' when Schelotto was down? :lolol:

Preferable to "Same old Arsenal, always cheating" which makes me cringe, not just because it's a crap generic chant, but it suggests a familiarity with Arsenal that BHA just don't have due to rarely ever playing them.

I’ve no idea how anyone could find a negative from that game or why they would bother going to look for one. The atmosphere was amazing, the tension and noise as the final whistle approached was something else. And yes, we were bloody noisy and on our feet in the ESL!

Loving the rendition of Sussex By The Sea at the end too - this reminds me of a victory at Withdean where it was played, albeit at hyper speed!

Should add, the ticket exchange seemed to do it’s job as the stadium looked full. Also the trains were good and the queue for foot and drink was OK as well. Fantastic day all round.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why are some fans OBSESSED about when OTHER fans leave the game?

I just don't get it.

If I could put into words exactly why I think it's such a contentious issue. I'd say this.

There are many fans on here to whom Brighton means so much. After so many years of shite, we are now living the dream. This is incredible. Just to see the teams on the fixtures list this year is enough for many to make a mess of their pants.

Now, I can actually understand examples like that Palace game and other midweek fixtures. Young kids. School. I get it.

But the idea that some people have something better to do on a Sunday afternoon when we're winning clinging on to a 2-1 lead against Arsenal in the 80th minute in the Premier ****ing League with a chance to go tenth in March after they've spent all that money and time just to be there..... I don't think many of us can even get our heads around how that person's brain works.. What is it you have to do which is better?

And it's not just a feeling of anger or embarrassment. It's - for me at least - a bit of sadness. Look at Uwe's video from the final whistle. There aren't many better feelings than that in LIFE, are there? I want as many Albion fans to share in that as possible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fail to see how anyone can be critical of the atmosphere yesterday unless they’re fishing, trolling or just a miserablist who’ll never be happy with the Amex.
[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is all three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If I could put into words exactly why I think it's such a contentious issue. I'd say this.

There are many fans on here to whom Brighton means so much. After so many years of shite, we are now living the dream. This is incredible. Just to see the teams on the fixtures list this year is enough for many to make a mess of their pants.

Now, I can actually understand examples like that Palace game and other midweek fixtures. Young kids. School. I get it.

But the idea that some people have something better to do on a Sunday afternoon when we're winning clinging on to a 2-1 lead against Arsenal in the 80th minute in the Premier ****ing League with a chance to go tenth in March after they've spent all that money and time just to be there..... I don't think many of us can even get our heads around how that person's brain works.. What is it you have to do which is better?

And it's not just a feeling of anger or embarrassment. It's - for me at least - a bit of sadness. Look at Uwe's video from the final whistle. There aren't many better feelings than that in LIFE, are there? I want as many Albion fans to share in that as possible.
That's fair enough - and good reasoning of the situation. I just think that everyone is different - but then I'm in danger of being hypocritical about obsessing about those who are obsessed [emoji23][emoji85]

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is all three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't disagree, but I haven't been critical of the atmosphere so this seems like a rather strange post to make, glad to know I'm always in your thoughts hun xx

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here