Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He obviously would link the closings to brexit, the trade publications however have been warning for a couple of years now of market saturation, the adverse affects of the rising move to delivery,the new business rate revaluations,the higher cost of labour and the spiraling rental prices. Blaming brexit is lazy when there are a multitude of factors contributing.

Fair enough, but BREXIT can be better linked to restaurant closures than it can be to Post office Closures, for example, which was the point of the original post I referred to.

And I would piss on you if you were on fire, but only after failing to find a less distasteful way of dousing the flames.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You remind me of Eubank Jnr. on Saturday night, you have been smashed around the ring all night and then you try a little flurry of missed punches near the end and at the final bell you put up your hands pretending you have won :lolol:

Won? I’m laughing at an exchange between you and someone else; I’m not sure what me “winning” has to do with this other than offer some insight into how your mind works.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Can you not see that up to now we havent got much wrong, whereas you remainers are a few projections off a nightmare, I recall you saying that shortly after the referendum you had spoken both professionally and socially to your fellow Czechs, they thought the UK was 'barmy' was your claim, 18 months later they voted in an anti EU and anti immigration party, you don't mind if I think you know nothing about what's going on in the country you live.

Let it go, haha

For the record. You are incorrect (surprise surprise) the government is not anti EU. The President is.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The article is an insightful account of the Brexit negotiations and David Davis's role. I know that leavers might well be put off as it's from The Guardian but it isn't anti-Brexit invective. It does rather play to those of us who are rather sceptical about the whole process and DD's abilities, but I think it also makes some very good points about the limitations of the British 'political class'.
Anyway it makes a change from throwing insults at each other!

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...avis-bullish-wheel-greaser-or-brexit-fall-guy

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Won? I’m laughing at an exchange between you and someone else; I’m not sure what me “winning” has to do with this other than offer some insight into how your mind works.
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] you're a coward you put me on ignore a few days ago whilst you got spanked about for fun because of your previous silly posts and you have latched on to this absurdity thinking you have a morsel of a point and suddenly you and the nerdy gang are letting off stink bombs, but the older boy's still think you're nerds.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
question for you, how do you think products supplied by say US, China or Japan work with EU regulation? why is it beyond comprehension that we could do the same?

But we are seeking a "special relationship", whatever that might turn out to be.

And you may not have noticed but Japan, in terms of cars, has opened a number of factories in Britain over the years, so that they can export from within the EU - Cunning, eh!!! And they will clearly be considering whether that sort of arrangement should be continued, or whether they would be better off with manufacturing facilities in France, or Poland, or Austria, or any one of quite a number of other countries which would welcome them with open arms, I suspect.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] you're a coward you put me on ignore a few days ago whilst you got spanked about for fun because of your previous silly posts and you have latched on to this absurdity thinking you have a morsel of a point and suddenly you and the nerdy gang are letting off stink bombs, but the older boy's still think you're nerds.

hahaha

LET IT GO!!!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can you not see that up to now we havent got much wrong, whereas you remainers are a few projections off a nightmare, I recall you saying that shortly after the referendum you had spoken both professionally and socially to your fellow Czechs, they thought the UK was 'barmy' was your claim, 18 months later they voted in an anti EU and anti immigration party, you don't mind if I think you know nothing about what's going on in the country you live.

Auf welchem Planet wohnen sie? That's German for "what planet are you on."

What have Brexiters got right?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But we are seeking a "special relationship", whatever that might turn out to be.

thats not what the question was.

and the often cited Japanese factories overlooks the reasons for those factories is more to do with UK being a major market for those brands than the EU market, where the Japanese have poor penetration. i recall one of them (Nissan or Honda) export more UK built cars out of the EU than into other EU markets.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Our good friends and near neighbours De Nederlanders are planning for no deal - https://news.sky.com/story/dutch-ac...-blame-a-lack-of-clarity-from-the-uk-11258568

Cabinet finance minister Menno Snel wrote that 930 would be required in the event of a "no deal" Brexit, which is "conceivable" after "difficult" first-phase negotiations.

Perhaps as shocking is that 750 extra customs agents would be required even in the event of a Canada-style free trade deal with a transition period. Fifty have already been paid for.

As the finance ministry calculates it takes between nine and 22 months to train a customs officer, the Dutch government has green-lighted immediate recruiting, training, tendering of contracts and organising of housing.

Mr Snel wrote to Dutch MPs: "The divisions within the British Conservative Party and the remaining lack of clarity about the British input continue to impede the smooth running of the negotiations.

"It is therefore clear that the scenario that the UK leaves the EU on 29 March 2019 without a withdrawal agreement and without a transitional period is still conceivable.

"The red lines of the UK for the future relationship with the EU (leaving the internal market and customs union) mean that the trade relationship can not go much further than a trade agreement like the one the EU has concluded with Canada."

Perhaps David Davis could explain to them as only a self confessed 'charming b*stard' could in the style of that old Grolsch beer advert - Schtop! What are you doing?! The British Conservative Party is not ready yet! :shrug:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
question for you, how do you think products supplied by say US, China or Japan work with EU regulation? why is it beyond comprehension that we could do the same?

I think the answer is it's harder for them take cars that's why companies like Nissan choose to build cars within the EU and why we do not see many American and Chinese cars on our roads but not imposable I conceded that

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Our good friends and neighbours The Irish are also delighted at how things are going too.

[tweet]965883532370378752[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think the answer is it's harder for them take cars that's why companies like Nissan choose to build cars within the EU and why we do not see many American and Chinese cars on our roads but not imposable I conceded that

??? why the focus on cars. i bet you have about your person at least one Chinese manufactured product and come in to contact with many daily, and use many US products and services too. the products comply with some EU regulations.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
??? why the focus on cars. i bet you have about your person at least one Chinese manufactured product and come in to contact with many daily, and use many US products and services too. the products comply with some EU regulations.

The manufacture of Cars is a complex that involve a multitude of suppliers all that need to meet relavant and seoperate regulations where as many other items that have fewer component parts will be much easier to meet regulations

Some years ago a company imported into the UK medical equipment O Rings that fitted into a very specific very large bit of kit these O Rings were very specific and expensive, however this supplier found a company in the Far East that could supply these much cheaper they became quite popular and were fitted across EU then after a number of infections and at great expence the infection was traced back to some of these O Rings the supplier had made the first batch from the correct materials to pass inspection later they then introduced some reconstituted tyres into the mix to meet cost constraints.

In an internal market this is far less likley and this was one component just an O Ring not a complex multi component item

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Our good friends and neighbours The Irish are also delighted at how things are going too.

[tweet]965883532370378752[/tweet]

Some Brexiteers have declared on here they'd rather have Brexit and a United Ireland, and who knows a war too. Brexit at any cost it seems

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it hadn't occurred to me that the UK would plunge into a dystopian future of carnage, mayhem, murder and big trucks...

...until now:-

David Davis will tell business leaders in Austria that fears the Conservatives will plunge Britain into a “Mad Max-style world borrowed from dystopian fiction” after leaving the EU are unfounded...

...Davis will use the speech to hit back at that suggestion, outlining UK hopes that “mutual recognition” of regulations will continue after Brexit.

He will add: “They fear that Brexit could lead to an Anglo-Saxon race to the bottom. With Britain plunged into a Mad Max-style world borrowed from dystopian fiction. These fears about a race to the bottom are based on nothing, not history, not intention, nor interest.”

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You say that the Brexiteers haven't got much wrong. I don't know where to start really, so let's go to the top and hand over to our nation's chief negotiator. In the summer of 2016 (that is, after the referendum, when things were clearer than before) David Davis said that he expected the country... "to immediately trigger a large round of global trade deals... and that... the negotiation phase of most of them would be concluded within 12 to 24 months." When asked about this recently in committee he replied that that was then and this is now. He then burst out laughing. What a wheeze this whole jape is.. And that's from one of the men in charge. You say that the Brexiteers haven't got much wrong. I'd say that the only thing they've got wrong is almost everything. We seem to be in the grips of buffoons.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Auf welchem Planet wohnen sie? That's German for "what planet are you on."

What have Brexiters got right?

Why the retort in German, a country I have lived and worked, what's your point on that have you live there too ?

Well I can give you list of things remainers have got wrong, even accepting Brexit has hardly happened yet I can at least cite that the pre referendum projections for a post referendum UK were wrong and politically driven, you though to stay in the game need to either push your future projections upstream or refuse to accept any current economic data as positive anyway.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
thats not what the question was.

and the often cited Japanese factories overlooks the reasons for those factories is more to do with UK being a major market for those brands than the EU market, where the Japanese have poor penetration. i recall one of them (Nissan or Honda) export more UK built cars out of the EU than into other EU markets.

In 2015 over three quarters of UK-built vehicles built in the UK were exported, most ly within the EU. Whilst much smaller, the US market is not insignificant, with about 14 per cent of exports. China is less than half this and all other markets are very small. The UK market is currently in decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here