Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Croydon cat killer suspected of killing 450!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been told repeatedly that the solution to all the cat shit in my garden is....to get my own cat. But...I don't want a cat. :shrug:

Anyway, a first world problem and nothing to do with attacking cats which, as other have noted, is both reprehensible and probably not entirely accurately represented in the original story.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So I suppose you're a vegan who travels everywhere by bicycle whilst wearing home made and handwoven wheat clothing? Otherwise you're just as much a nuisance to nature as the animal you seem to hate so much.
Right, so we'd better have a programme to cull the human population (except vegans on bicycles, I suppose) as well culling surplus cats, eh? You could call it the Final Solution or something................

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair to Croydon, it's not all bad news today. Seeing as how England beat Panama they won't be burning their own town just yet :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ok, People who kill animals for twisted kicks can move on to humans, thats one issue.

The other is on a densely populated island we dont have the room for mass cat or dog ownership.

Oh and if idiot vegans got elected what would pets eat? Cattle farming just for pets?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ok, People who kill animals for twisted kicks can move on to humans, thats one issue.

The other is on a densely populated island we dont have the room for mass cat or dog ownership.

Oh and if idiot vegans got elected what would pets eat? Cattle farming just for pets?

I suppose you want idiots to answer that they can eat the vermin that should not be on these shores

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I used to have a problem with cats leaving unwanted deposits on my lawn. Very annoying but I don't think the death sentence is the answer.

This year I have applied some Evergreen weed and feed and the problem has stopped. Not sure if it is a coincidence but a friend has also had the same result.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Completely agree. I would go so far as to say they should be banned. Bad for the environment and for wildlife.

That said, this bloke, if it is one bloke, is clearly a psychopath. No animals should suffer, and I feel bad for the owners who love their pets.
Giver over as cats are amazing animals and to say they're bad for the environment is laughable :glare:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Right, so we'd better have a programme to cull the human population (except vegans on bicycles, I suppose) as well culling surplus cats, eh? You could call it the Final Solution or something................

I'd suggest starting with people who use terms such as "the final solution" as a flippant comment.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cats & dogs have a huge environmental cost. Cats in particular as they only eat meat. But my main issue with cats is that they tend to kill small animals for sport as well.
Yes the meats that are basically not eaten by humans or should I say leftovers lol
everything has a purpose although humans offer nothing when it comes to protecting the environment....Think it's pretty clear who's bad for the environment and what needs culling:lolol::lolol:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well, I don't go around killing small animals for fun, or poo in peoples gardens, but I get your point.

I don't hate cats, I actually like them, they're just an invasive species and like any invasive species need to be controlled.

Granted, they have been bred beyond necessity and are a real pain to some out there, but if you started culling invasive animals they'd be none of us left.
What this guy is doing is slightly alarming, not just because I'm a cat lover, but because killing animals is a precursor to violent crimes. How long before this nutter kills another person? If they haven't already.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Giver over as cats are amazing animals and to say they're bad for the environment is laughable :glare:

Medina, Félix M., et al. "A global review of the impacts of invasive cats on island endangered vertebrates." Global Change Biology 17.11 (2011): 3503-3510.

They found that feral cats were believed to be a large factor in 14% of bird, reptile, and mammal extinctions, and are a major threat in 8% of critically endangered species.

I'd say contributing to the extinction of other animals counts as being bad for the natural environment.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I used to have a problem with cats leaving unwanted deposits on my lawn. Very annoying but I don't think the death sentence is the answer.

This year I have applied some Evergreen weed and feed and the problem has stopped. Not sure if it is a coincidence but a friend has also had the same result.

you really don't like weed, do you?
:)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
You actually believe this sxxt? Could be 10, could be 20, could be utter boxxocks entirely, could be plod getting some publicity for a case, could be the press trying to fill a slow news day. Unimportant twaddle on the whole, except those who have actually lost pets obviously.

My boss had his cat murdered by the cat killer, throat cut and ears cut off I can assure you that it is not twaddle. It's a huge issue in South London and the surrounding area.
Look up SNARL for facts it's quite horrific.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yeah, a bit of all the neighbourhood cats shitting in your garden is no big deal - especially when you've got kids and/or trying to grow veg.

Perhaps dog owners can just let their pets run wild and shit everywhere too without any fear of comeback. Nice. Let's all just chill out a bit and give the cat another goldfish, eh.

Cats cannot be trained like dogs, which is why there is no legislation against cats like there is dogs.

Get rid of cats and you'll have a far worse problem with mice & rats.

This maniac is killing cats and then mutilating them. The police and psychologists fear he will go further and move onto humans, but all you can do is victim blame.
I have two cats and Saltdean is too close for comfort.
I hope he's caught very soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cats cannot be trained like dogs, which is why there is no legislation against cats like there is dogs.

This maniac is killing cats and then mutilating them. The police and psychologists fear he will go further and move onto humans, but all you can do is victim blame.

'victim blame'?

Sorry, you've lost me there I'm afraid.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Agree to this :thumbsup:
We keep our cat indoors, it saves us the worry of where he is, vets bills and insurance is less.
Other than that he's a little shit that gets away with murder.
Like the moronic person carrying out all these heinous acts!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Cats kill 25 million birds a year however they bring comfort to many pepole but please put a bell on them d give the birds a chance.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yeah, a bit of all the neighbourhood cats shitting in your garden is no big deal - especially when you've got kids and/or trying to grow veg.

Perhaps dog owners can just let their pets run wild and shit everywhere too without any fear of comeback. Nice. Let's all just chill out a bit and give the cat another goldfish, eh.

What about your kids dropping litter everywhere now and years to come? Least cat poo biodegrades and doesn’t kill what’s left of the wildlife you want to use a WC. Still, it’s YOUR land and ‘think of the children’ - you can’t argue with that reasoning. Add the impact on your vegetable plot and I concede game, set and match to you. Obviously chilling out is too unreasonable. So yep, get angry. Get even. Like the psycho that’s killing cats. Maybe it’s you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here