Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Canada legalises recreational cannabis use.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
A policy (banning them) that has been proved time and time again not to work. Illegal and un-regulated they are actually much more dangerous.

Only to those who take the risk, it is a choice, they are not forced to do it. They rest of society deserves protection from the second had smoke and the message that it is wrong and illegal protect those who are more responsible.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Why should it only be available with supervision? I can buy various other analgesics without supervision, some of which I can kill myself with if I take too many, or cause liver damage. Cannabis is safer than these.

Because then people get advice and guidance. There may be other options to try too. People with mental health conditions deserve a trained professional.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I want people to be guided for health by their GP's. If anyone wants to take risks for the fun of it then maintain the risk.
That's seriously evil and deranged thinking. Fair play to you for continuing on this thread in the face of logic, statistics and common sense but I'm not having that.

You're basically saying that it's ok for people to die in order to keep the laws in place that you like. That's pretty sick.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Mrs Rivet was diagnosed with cancer 27mths ago with a prognosis of two years. Today the scans only show scar tissue. Guess whether my wife only had chemotherapy or supplemented it with an additional substance? Our neighbour was given 6 months with spreading cancer. She is now being told it's not spreading. She cannot have any more chemo, guess what she started taking?! The people on here with that stupid stance that because it's illegal you MUST NOT take it are pathetic. You question laws and rules, debate them and change them if necessary. Put yourself in the position of being given a terminal diagnosis, what would you do? Just give up and die?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
stick to legal drugs and die of them all the sooner!

Only if someone chooses to take to legal options. No-one forces them. I agree alcohol and cigarettes would not be legalised today but this is another reason not to change the law. You cannot go back to making a drug illegal once people have been using it legally and make it work.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
That's seriously evil and deranged thinking. Fair play to you for continuing on this thread in the face of logic, statistics and common sense but I'm not having that.

You're basically saying that it's ok for people to die in order to keep the laws in place that you like. That's pretty sick.

No I am saying the law is for the whole nation. If someone dies they make a choice. Only 6% of the adult population use cannabis and it is rare they are arrested for using it at home. Please respectfully, stop trying to force it onto the rest of the population.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No I am saying the law is for the whole nation. If someone dies they make a choice. Only 6% of the adult population use cannabis and it is rare they are arrested for using it at home. Please respectfully, stop trying to force it onto the rest of the population.

Even if recreational cannabis was legalised it's not being forced on anyone. Just like alcohol and tabacco.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Mrs Rivet was diagnosed with cancer 27mths ago with a prognosis of two years. Today the scans only show scar tissue. Guess whether my wife only had chemotherapy or supplemented it with an additional substance? Our neighbour was given 6 months with spreading cancer. She is now being told it's not spreading. She cannot have any more chemo, guess what she started taking?! The people on here with that stupid stance that because it's illegal you MUST NOT take it are pathetic. You question laws and rules, debate them and change them if necessary. Put yourself in the position of being given a terminal diagnosis, what would you do? Just give up and die?

My sympathies are with you. I would have no problem with GP's prescribing in such cases. I wish Mrs Rivet and yourself the very best for the future.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I want people to be guided for health by their GP's. If anyone wants to take risks for the fun of it then maintain the risk.

Wow, this is like the logic that we should all drive cars with giant spikes sticking out the steering wheel instead of airbags inside them, as if we all thought braking sharply or collision would result in certain death, we might all slow down a bit.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
My sympathies are with you. I would have no problem with GP's prescribing in such cases. I wish Mrs Rivet and yourself the very best for the future.

Luckily the parents of Ashya king didn't believe that.

Thanks for your kind words earlier.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Mr Lakeman would have done better to educate his sons upon the dangers. It is unfortunate that like the problems in the middle east there will always be some fatalities whatever you do. There is only one totally safe thing to do and that is to say no to drugs. My sympathies are with Mr Lakeman but I do not agree with his view.

What should a parent say? "Son, there's this drug that's relatively safe, millions enjoy using it regularly and it's used for marriage guidance in Switzerland. According the the government's chief drugs advisor it's around 20 times safer than going horseriding. Unfortunately because it's illegal it could be any strength and cut with any old shit."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely a pint a day will cause you more physical damage than vaporising weed once a day?
Not sure. A glass of red a day is supposed to be good for your heart isn't it?

Most of the homeless I see seem to be drinking cans of beer, not smoking weed.
Because it's legal for them to be drinking beer, and they can grab it for a couple of pounds from the nearby off-license.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here