Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga LuaLua

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Unplayable at the start of last season until his injury , hope he knuckles down and gets the chance to show what we all know he is capable of . Gworn Kaz

[yt]CN-le_2-nDk[/yt]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Keep hold of KLL, and hopefully he'll realise that hard work is needed to push him in contention for the first team.
As CH said, the need to keep hold of all our players, so the need for strength in depth, heaven forbid we go through another injury crisis, as per the end of last season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps he'll get a bit more game time soon, Skalak has hardly been ripping up trees recently.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Kaz has undoubted ability I just get the impression that ability is being tarnished by his attitude and off field antics.

Maybe I'm wrong but from the outside looking in, I don't see that desire and commitment that maybe some of the others show.

Get off Twitter and knuckle down and put 100% focus into getting back into the team.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kaz is one of those players who drive you up the wall. There's so much goodwill towards him from the fans - he always gets a big cheer when he warms up - and yet he fails to deliver so often. Of course it must be frustrating when he puts on the sort of show he did against Colchester and then doesn't get more game time, but he never seems to take a look at himself and think 'What is it I do that works, and what doesn't?'

There can't be a fullback in the Championship now that doesn't know exactly what he's going to do every time he gets the ball - stop it then try to take him on from a standing start, or cut inside and shoot. That didn't work when he came back after injury last season. Why not occasionally try to use the pace of the ball to knock it past the opponent without stopping it first?

Of course, CH might try using him in a less predictable way. Maybe try him on the right or as the number 10?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
There's not many jobs where you only need to shine for 1 month a year. He has done little to impress since the first few weeks of last season. Has the talent but doesn't show enough.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He was seen running into space recently, when he missed a sitter from 6 yards. A sign he is doing the right thing. I would start him against Brentford.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kaz is one of those players who drive you up the wall. There's so much goodwill towards him from the fans - he always gets a big cheer when he warms up - and yet he fails to deliver so often. Of course it must be frustrating when he puts on the sort of show he did against Colchester and then doesn't get more game time, but he never seems to take a look at himself and think 'What is it I do that works, and what doesn't?'

There can't be a fullback in the Championship now that doesn't know exactly what he's going to do every time he gets the ball - stop it then try to take him on from a standing start, or cut inside and shoot. That didn't work when he came back after injury last season. Why not occasionally try to use the pace of the ball to knock it past the opponent without stopping it first?

Of course, CH might try using him in a less predictable way. Maybe try him on the right or as the number 10?

Totally agree. Kaz is definitely a popular figure and can be an exhilarating player to watch. That said too often I feel that Kaz feels sorry for himself and that affects his performances. I think he has to realise that the bar has been raised now, and the stakes are higher too. This is no longer a team looking ot get by or stay up. This is now a team that genuinely aspires to get promoted to the top flight and it requires players with that mindset too.

After the injury I believe Kaz has reverted to being an impact sub, he should embrace that opportunity and make the most of the time he gets given on the pitch. Colchester aside I do not feel kaz has done anything of note on the field for a while, which is a crying shame as we know he has so much to offer. I'm hoping he knuckles down and works hard to regain his place.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He was seen running into space recently, when he missed a sitter from 6 yards. A sign he is doing the right thing. I would start him against Brentford.

This.

I thought he looked very good against Newcastle (the team he supports). Him and Bong have an amazing understanding - time to try and lift Bongkaz by having them start. They were the best left side combination In the division this time last year.

If they can't perform then it's over to Pokealak!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm sure the 'circumstances' were the failure to bring in one of our striker targets and us not wanting to reduce our number of attacking players.

The tweet was on deadline day so it looks like a decision right at the deadline.

Yup. Difficult to interpret it otherwise, and it looks like a good decision/criterion in my book.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Couldn't agree more, and in contrast to [MENTION=3647]Munchkin[/MENTION], I don't think the problem is so much with his attitude and off-field activities, as to his on-field activity. He needs to make the right decisions, which involves tracking back without fouling and giving away stupid yellow cards and, more importantly, to attempt to speed the game up rather than slow it down. That goal he scored against Ipswich last year is precisely what he should be doing as his first option, rather than stopping which far too frequently is his first option.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I don't know anything about his fitness regime but from afar it seems he does all weights and there's not enough balance elsewhere. Was a terrific player for us but time to sack him off at the earliest opportunity. Shit form, shit attitude, shit fitness record.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here