Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
... I didn't catch a great deal of Exes, what I did see was a bit shouty for my tastes. ....

I saw Perfect Pussy a few weeks ago. Now they are proper shouty.

I watched The Amazing Snakeheads at the same festival, and they wouldn't have got a word in edgeways by comparison.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I saw Perfect Pussy a few weeks ago. Now they are proper shouty.

I watched The Amazing Snakeheads at the same festival, and they wouldn't have got a word in edgeways by comparison.

Did you see Perfect Pussy when they toured with Joanna Gruesome? Found PP a bit full of themselves to be honest.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Did you see Perfect Pussy when they toured with Joanna Gruesome? Found PP a bit full of themselves to be honest.

Pukkelpop festival in Belgium in August. I really enjoyed them. But I can understand why many wouldn't. In fact, I was actually expecting a lot more of the casual festival crowd to have been driven out long before the end, as quite a few were, despite them only being on for 25 minutes.

Last edited:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Unsurprisingly my wife couldn't find anyone to take her 2nd ticket so muggins here went with to see Kanye West at Perth Arena last Friday night - what a load of shite, the entire 12,000 odd crown were like religious fanatics hanging on every indecipherable word, as for the sermon half way through Runaway, what a self important tosspot he is.:tosser: The tickets were $152 +bf each :ohmy:, ffs.....

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Esben & The Witch/ Sealings/ Exes was quite a night in London last week. Special mention to the venue, The Oslo in Hackney. Brilliant place, the sound was great and loud, craft beer on tap and the club night after was pretty good.

As for the bands, I didn't catch a great deal of Exes, what I did see was a bit shouty for my tastes. Sealings were punishingly loud, they really release their inner Wolf Eyes playing without drums, great set.

Esben were as good as I've ever seen them. Heavy on the new record but with a few back catalogue treats.

I really enjoyed The E&TW instore.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Wonderful Chas & Dave gig at the Pavilion in Worthing tonight. The house was rocking.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone going to see Terminal Cheesecake at The Prince Albert Oct 1st ?, should be a treat.

Jesus. They still going? I saw them in the very late 80s supporting Napalm Death; and had my head cracked open by a stage diver. Ended up in hospital.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Every so often I go see someone/something totally alien to me....tonight it's The Meteors.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The first half of the Kate Bush set was the best music type thing I've ever seen. Unbelievably ambitious and flawlessly executed

Truthfully the 2nd half dragged a bit, would have been far, far better to close with the 'The Ninth Wave' IMHO.

Still, what do I know.

Outer Chuch tonight and another chance to see the wonderful Lutine.

Seriously folks, how beautiful is that?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Going to see the wonderful Danny Bryant at the Ropetackle tonight :rock:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Any good?

The whole event was good fun and I feel better off for having gone. Whilst an older crowd it was more mixed in age than I anticipated, some real effort had gone into some outfits (even die Frau commented on there being some super-hot dressed-up chicks at the gig) and the "wrecking" dancing was quite amusing as there were quite a few middle-aged guys slamming around softly. The Meteors only played for just over an hour but this suited a newbie like me. I liked the "no politics, no religion, don't matter what music you're into" statement the singer made. I must admit at times the music did sound a bit rough though. A decent way to spend some time on a Friday night whilst having a few beers.

I've had two recent-ish experiments and preferred my dabble in the world of free-jazz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here