Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye First Capital Connect

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This is a chat-room. If you find me boring don't read what I post. It's that simple. There's also a handy facility called ignore, try it. It's so simple even maybe even you can use it? If you prefer to back up one-trick-ponies who talk unsubstantiated rubbish then fine.

For the record, Ernest probably knows that the official government figure (not some 2011 EU passenger survey like the one he posted and which you refer to) for the last year across the UK for punctuality is lower than in Germany. And this is probably the reason he is searching high and low and posting spurious 3 year old articles and not posting current easily accessible figures.

Post the links to the figures then

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I always thought Ernest WAS just a comedy troll who POSTED nonsense in this STYLE.

Seeing him hold together a cogent argument is completely breaking character.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I always thought Ernest WAS just a comedy troll who POSTED nonsense in this STYLE.

Seeing him hold together a cogent argument is completely breaking character.

So you think dogged persistance without producing any credible evidence is holding together a cogent argument?

On reflection, in his case I suppose it is :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you think dogged persistance without producing any credible evidence is holding together a cogent argument?

On reflection, in his case I suppose it is :lolol:

Quite :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't need to put any money out because you're the one who has made a statement about German punctuality but you are refusing to put the link up to back up your assertion.

BTW I don't play my dick is bigger than yours in aid of the REMF

Stop turning this around. I have repeatedly asked you over the years to provide evidence for your assertion that UK rail is as good as Germany. And all you ever tend to do is come back after 20 mins or so or surfing with a link about some random incident on some far-flung part of the DB Rail network. I don't need to demonstrate night follows day. You're the one with ludicrous claims which you cannot back-up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But where is Herr Tubthumpers credible evidence ? He seems rather less keen to show the simple link to his assertion

You do not seem as confident as you were earlier :lolol:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Stop turning this around. I have repeatedly asked you over the years to provide evidence for your assertion that UK rail is as good as Germany. And all you ever tend to do is come back after 20 mins or so or surfing with a link about some random incident on some far-flung part of the DB Rail network. I don't need to demonstrate night follows day. You're the one with ludicrous claims which you cannot back-up.

But you won't put a link up proving your point so pot kettle and black, it's simple put up a link proving the German rail punctually figures are what you say they are and I will bow down to you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you're admitting that the DB punctuality isn't as good as you've been saying and it has improved from a dire 2013 as you know very well, so I think a score draw is the result

No. I have claimed German trains are better. I have never quantified how much better. Stop trying to weasel out of this.

You claimed in post 47

Regardless of Herr T's rubbish the German trains are just as unreliable as British trains and in places have worse timekeeping

I agree there is most likely one German service which is worse than the best UK service but overall I have comprehensively shown this is not the case.

PS in 2013 it was 93.1% http://www1.deutschebahn.com/ar2013...rt_2013/Customer_and_quality/punctuality.html

The UK still has some way to go to get up to this "dire" level would you agree?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No. I have claimed German trains are better. I have never quantified how much better. Stop trying to weasel out of this.

You claimed in post 47

I agree there is most likely one German service which is worse than the best UK service but overall I have comprehensively shown this is not the case.

PS in 2013 it was 93.1% http://www1.deutschebahn.com/ar2013...rt_2013/Customer_and_quality/punctuality.html

The UK still has some way to go to get up to this "dire" level would you agree?

Apples and oranges , pears and bananas , you still won't admit it so no point carrying on with the conversation

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apples and oranges , pears and bananas , you still won't admit it so no point carrying on with the conversation

Gotta be some black and white inter-country comparison figures available shirley?

The fact that, reportedly on here, you can actually be issued with a paper certificate by the railways to show to your boss if your train is five minutes late in Germany strongly suggests that, for you ENREST, the train war is over.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

And why wont YOU do the same thing? Are you missing part of your brain?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And why wont YOU do the same thing? Are you missing part of your brain?

Er, I have twice in posts 93 and 95. Are you missing both of your eyes?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He only agrees with the stats he likes , if i posted a 100% reliability stat from the railways here which I could he would say he it doesn't count.

:lolol: UK trains are 100% reliable. I think we'll all have a pint of what you've been drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here