Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ultras debate

What do you think of ultras?

• Fully support what they are trying to do.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Supportive but have some problems with them.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Fence.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Disagree with them but it can look good.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Hate flags and all of it.

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I turned the wireless on for 5 minutes last night.
I had the misfortune to choose a time just a few minutes before palace equalized.

It turns out their 'ultras' only noticeably generated noise AFTER the goal.

Something that is perfectly natural at all football grounds, making me wonder why those mugs are afforded preferential treatment.

Yep this is true. For all their fabled volume they were largely very disappointing except for that "We love you" one. The rest of the ground joined in for "He shits on the floor". Apart from that it was as peaceful as a nice somnabulistic trip to the Amex.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I've seen Hertha BSC and St Pauli play at their home grounds in Germany and when the Ultras get going it is an impressive sight and its hard not to get swept up in it. We're never going to see pyros or anything like the scale you see on the continent in the Amex but it would be good to get a bit more noise and a visual spectacle with flags, banners etc going in certain areas rather than the occasional limp Seagulls or Allbiiioooon chant we have at the moment from the majority of fans.

Personally I don't think a bit of coordination from a core of fans to get people going is a bad thing at all so fair play to NSK and SWC for giving it a go. Keep up the good work! :ascarf:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'll be making my annual visit to FC United on Saturday, as usual I'll expect to see/hear

Almost everyone behind the goal singing

Plenty of flags

No "cringing"

NO ultras or "organized" singing, flag waving or drums, just lads, (and some older lads) that turn up, have a couple of pints, sing a few songs, cheer the team then go home again.

Their forum that evening will have more threads about the match than how great/mediocre/shit the atmosphere was. There's unlikely to be any cringing.

I thought Peacehaven are at home on Saturday, the bar takings will go down by half with you going on a Northern jolly:)
And who's going to sing the songs?
Bad fan:)

Get me a half and half scarf if you see one :moo:

oh sami sami

Sep 2, 2014
We should have some ultras. And before you all ask I am not 16 and have spots. I am a fully grown adult and uses spot cream:)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Will anyone listen to them ? We're starting a splinter group to rival them " the holmesdale geriatrics " and we don't need a drum to be heard !

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'm not sure we would be let in with a chain-saw. Health & safety gone mad.

Paulbeirne

Jun 21, 2014
I don't know...it doesn't *explicitly* say chainsaws....

Actually - he is part of the entertainment - they PAY him to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here