Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"NSC Live": A Q&A with Paul Barber

Would you come to the Amex for a Q&A with Paul Barber. If so, which date(s)?

• Wednesday 13 September

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Thursday 21 September

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Monday 25 September

Votes: 34 61.8%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great idea...just don't think those who are 'vociferous' in their criticism will turn up ..or be open to take onboard an alternative view

Probably. Even if they have valid points to make, they won't have the confidence to speak up in front of senior club officials and an audience very much on side with PB.

D

Deleted User X18H

It could only be at this football club that supporters !!! Feel compelled to need an audience with the CEO on the basis that:

You sometimes can't get a pie at half time.
You have to wait too long to get a bus or train
If you upgrade a junior ticket you have to pay the difference
Your loyalty points have been halved.
We didn't sign striker even though the reason has been covered.
Etc etc.

Most fans of clubs who were in League 1 in 2009 for instance,would probably be grateful that they have a Premier League football club with 30,000 seater stadium, who have signed at least 3 international players for combined fees of £28m in the close season.

And its always the out of towners banging on, never usually the fiercely proud Brightoians and Hoveonians,who are bursting with pride over what the Albion have achieved.

Can't we just enjoy where we are and what what we have to look forward to?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

It could only be at this football club that supporters !!! Feel compelled to need an audience with the CEO on the basis that:

You sometimes can't get a pie at half time.
You have to wait to long too get or bus or train
If you upgrade a junior ticket you have to pay the difference
Your loyalty points have been halved.
We didn't sign striker even though the reason has been covered.
Etc etc.

Most fans of clubs who were in League 1 in 2009 for instance,would probably be grateful that they have a Premier League football club with 30,000 seater stadium, who have signed at least 3 international players for combined fees of £28m in the close season.

And its always the out of towners banging on, never usually the fiercely proud Brightoians and Hoveonians,who are bursting with over what the Albion have achieved.

Can't we just enjoy where we are and what what we have to look forward to?

Are you going.???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'd certainly like to attend.

I've been to a Q & A with Paul Barber before (NWSS) and as expected he was extremely informative and answered pretty much all the questions put to him. Very professional, and an answer for everything.

He does has to be asked as to why, as 8th highest nett spenders in Europe, and with 4.1/2 months to sign two strikers we failed to get one.

And yes, I'd like to ask him that question myself.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally can't do 21st, and as for venue I'd prefer the stadium as for those of us who don't live in Brighton it makes parking so much easier.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
It's a little too far to travel mid week ;-)

Yes, I know that feeling. Bozza, please let Paul know he's welcome to hold a Q&A sesh at The Dog and Duck here on Maui, their footie team is Adult Co-ed champs so a REFM stylee "friendly" could also be arranged. I'll contribute the half-time papaya. Also, please let him know there's a Mai Tai in it for him. :albion2:

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd certainly like to attend.

I've been to a Q & A with Paul Barber before (NWSS) and as expected he was extremely informative and answered pretty much all the questions put to him. Very professional, and an answer for everything.

He does has to be asked as to why, as 8th highest nett spenders in Europe, and with 4.1/2 months to sign two strikers we failed to get one.

And yes, I'd like to ask him that question myself.

Do you remember when Bradford had a similar problem and in desperation signed Benito Carbone?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here