Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neymar: Barcelona forward given permission to discuss £198m Paris-St Germain move

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm sure he will 'thank God' for his new fortune like most brazilians seem to do, as if their good nature has been rewarded, while their countrymen back home are murdering each other for shoes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe there has been a DULLARD on Five Live today explaining how, and could be on again at 8:20 in the morning going into more detail.

I'd ask for the licence fee back though if I were you.

Was part of your, sorry his, explanation that PSG have fantastic sponsorship deals, all completely arms length with parties totally unconnected to the owners?

Sky Sports News just explained that it also helped PSG that Ibrahimovic's costs (fee amortisation and wages) had now washed through their accounts.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure what PSG are thinking. Everything i've read on here tells me that its a complete waste of time getting Neymar in this late in the transfer window given that he won't be able to "bond" with the rest of the squad what with the season practically over. .
No Champions League for them i'm afraid.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I believe there has been a DULLARD on Five Live today explaining how, and could be on again at 8:20 in the morning going into more detail.

I'd ask for the licence fee back though if I were you.

Missed it - could you explain, as I would hate to doze off during the DULLARD's repeat on BBCi

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Neymar is set to complete a world-record move to Paris Saint-Germain worth around £450m in fees and wages after telling Barcelona he is leaving.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The wages are understood to be around €30m a year after tax – equivalent to around £520,000 a week – almost doubling the player’s salary. Neymar Sr and others including the agent Pini Zahavi are due to share a €38m payment for facilitating the move.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This transfer should really set off a domino effect of big transfers. That's a lot of money burning a hole in Valverde's pocket. Will Coutinho leave Liverpool?

Neymar is a great player, but the money is obscene.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The wages are understood to be around €30m a year after tax – equivalent to around £520,000 a week – almost doubling the player’s salary. Neymar Sr and others including the agent Pini Zahavi are due to share a €38m payment for facilitating the move.

Thats still half what Messi is now on.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Bloody NSC getting way too big for it's boots now. We have had enough of so called experts and when even Radio 4 seems to think that the mods on here are anything more than clueless time wasters it is time for a change.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If City are back on the UEFA FFP watch list, where would this place PSG if this deal goes through.

Another step close to a breakaway European league

God I wish they would, good riddance to this kind of crap.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Re ffp...

Now this may be bollocks but I read that to get around it that Qatar (heavily involved at PSG) will pay Neymar £300m to be the face of the 2022 World Cup. This contract would be signed in Qatar for tax reasons. Neymar would then pay his own release price to Barcelona enabling PSG to buy him for free!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re ffp...

Now this may be bollocks but I read that to get around it that Qatar (heavily involved at PSG) will pay Neymar £300m to be the face of the 2022 World Cup. This contract would be signed in Qatar for tax reasons. Neymar would then pay his own release price to Barcelona enabling PSG to buy him for free!

Sadly the FFP regulations are not worth the paper they are printed on, as there are so many ways you could structure a deal to drive a bus through them. This is why Third Party Ownership should have been properly addressed back in the Tevez days, but it wasn't. I don't believe there is anything to stop him being owned by the Qatari investors themselves, as you say, to "be the face of the Qatar World Cup", with them paying him the stupid wage, while PSG merely loan him and pay 10% of his wages.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The rumour is that PSG aren't technically 'buying' him.

Qatar are paying Neymar €300m to be an embassador to the 2022 World Cup, allowing Neymar to pay out his own release clause, allowing PSG to sign him as a free agent.

Dodgiest deal of all time, the second most dodgy being his transfer to Barcelona from Santos.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The rumour is that PSG aren't technically 'buying' him.

Qatar are paying Neymar €300m to be an embassador to the 2022 World Cup, allowing Neymar to pay out his own release clause, allowing PSG to sign him as a free agent.

Dodgiest deal of all time, the second most dodgy being his transfer to Barcelona from Santos.

The game is slowly eating itself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Re ffp...

Yes, but that doesn't really get around anything, it's obviously just pretend.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yes, but that doesn't really get around anything, it's obviously just pretend.

Doesn't it? If a contract between Neymar & Qatar makes absolutely no mention of a transfer to PSG, what ties it to PSG? Qatar Sports Investments own PSG, not Qatar itself.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Doesn't it? If a contract between Neymar & Qatar makes absolutely no mention of a transfer to PSG, what ties it to PSG?
Logic. Everyone in the world could have 2 contracts, one for the real work and the other for the pretend job, that doesn't make it water tight. We could sell each other houses for £1 while we also sell magic beans in another country where no tax is payable, that doesn't mean the tax man is stumped.

Qatar paying him £300m would not be reasonable - you could compare that to other deals and what other stars would accept. And it would not be reasonable to pay him a small wage if he's had to spend more on his own contract release.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here