Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle at home likely to be moved back to later in the season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Could move to the Tuesday before.

January 24

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just looking through the fixtures and I note that Newcastle at home is scheduled for January 28th, which is FA Cup fourth round date. Assuming that one of us progresses then it will be moved.

I wonder if Sky will then get involved with that one. Any guesses when that might then be.

24 January (fixture brought forward four days)
28 January (if both Newcastle and Brighton lose) Original date
8 February (if neither Brighton and Newcastle draw)
21 February very likely clashes with Champions League

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is that OK with the powers that be like, play a game BEFORE it was scheduled to take place?

I'm sure we've had it happen in the last couple of years.
(Though I reckon it'd be tough to get Newcastle to agree if they're missing players due to the African Cup of Nations)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
sky.JPG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
21 February very likely clashes with Champions League

Can't see them leaving the arrangments only 10 days before it could be played so that would mean the 8th Feb is out.

Don't quite understand why we are in this situation. Always thought the fixtures computer used to leave the 3rd and 4th round dates free for the teams in the top two divisions

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can't see them leaving the arrangments only 10 days before it could be played so that would mean the 8th Feb is out.

Don't quite understand why we are in this situation. Always thought the fixtures computer used to leave the 3rd and 4th round dates free for the teams in the top two divisions

The 3rd round all teams in the top 2 divisions will be playing but they could avoid the 4th round in case and use them to play any re-arranged fixtures if needed or even bring forward ant that may cause congestion or a short break between games like our games at Huddersfield and Brentford.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Fifth Round replay date. Otherwise ideal as only League 1 & 2 games.

Others:

21 February very likely; clashes with Champions League

14 March 2017
25 April 2017
2 May 2017

Rules say earliest practical date, but Sky TV may override this.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The 3rd round all teams in the top 2 divisions will be playing but they could avoid the 4th round in case and use them to play any re-arranged fixtures if needed or even bring forward ant that may cause congestion or a short break between games like our games at Huddersfield and Brentford.

Not sure that all makes any sense.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I repeat from every post that has mentioned this before.
This game will NOT be a 3pm KO but if we are both knocked out of the cup (here's hoping please) SKY will play this game at either 12:30 or 5:15 on the Saturday. There are no PL games, only FA Cup and so Sky want a BIG GAME to put up against the BBC & BT. This game WILL be played on the correct date.
Now who wanted that bet?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
This game will NOT be a 3pm KO but if we are both knocked out of the cup (here's hoping please) SKY will play this game at either 12:30 or 5:15 on the Saturday. There are no PL games, only FA Cup and so Sky want a BIG GAME to put up against the BBC & BT. This game WILL be played on the correct date.
Now who wanted that bet?

So you're basically prepared to bet an even fiver that both BHA and Newcastle will get knocked out in the 3rd Round then?

Do you have info on the draw, like the chap with the lottery nos?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now who wanted that bet?

I think everyone probably accepts that it won't be a 3pm kick off as Sky will definitely want this match as it is 1st versus 2nd (currently). As for being played on the correct date, that is pure speculation as until Monday we don't know the draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here