Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player of the season?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Naylor running a story that it's a one horse race for this years POTS.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...n_player_of_the_season_into_a_one_horse_race/

"Choosing Lewis Dunk is a no-brainer."

Possibly too early to say, but I'm not sure I agree with him. He has personally been responsible for conceding a lot of very weak goals, which have cost us points. He certainly has potential, but he has a long way to go yet.

There's not a great deal of choice though, is there? I think we can write off the first half of the season as everyone of them was, frankly, shit. Since Hughton came the stand out performers for me have been Kayal and Tex. If form continues I would suggest one of these, if not, my vote will be going to Inigo Calderon.

Who's been your POTS so far?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have to agree with him , although reckon Tex will get a fair few votes due to when he's on top form he's a fantastic player.

Ignoring Tuesday night Stockdales up there too - no doubt the fans will vote O' Grady for some strange reason.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ignoring the double save in the second half and the fact that Ince was daydreaming for the first

Very true but it wasn't his finest hour was it? he's come on leaps and bounds since the turn of the year and has kept us in some games!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Calderon- Hasn't played enough
Stockdale- Lost us more points than he's won us overall (although I do rate him and he has improved a lot since the start of the season)

Between Dunk and Ince in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Calderon- Hasn't played enough
Stockdale- Lost us more points than he's won us overall (although I do rate him and he has improved a lot since the start of the season)

Between Dunk and Ince in my opinion.

Calde has played 32 times this season, 26 in the league and 6 cup games.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Should be called (Least Shit) Player of the Season Award.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, meant to say hasn't played enough in his best position (right wing), when he plays there looks several times better than at RB.

In that case he should definitely win it for being veratile enough to play out of position regularly!

High level review?:

- Not Ince for me. He seemed to barely play until January due to Hyypia's dislike for him.
- Dunk was a shoo-in up until Christmas but has has a dip in form in 2015 which has resulted in several avoidable goals.
- Stockdale? Nah. I think his saves over the last few weeks have changed the course of our season but he's still been too up and down.
- Teixeira could be but again is wildly inconsistent.

This season isn't about form for me, it's about overall contribution to the side. That's why it's Calderon. He's one of the only players to show passion for the club and look
like he cares.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Difficult this season as Dunk started the season well but has gone off recently, where as Stockdale has done the reverse started off awful but has got better. For general consistency I think Ince, Texiera and Bennett could be in the running. What is all this hype about Calderon? He may be a decent fellow but hardly POTS with his performances, apart from a couple lately mainly abysmal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It has to be Jake Forster-Caskey :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here