Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham **** Pre-match Thread ****

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't know what to expect from Fulham.

This is a run down on the defence. Despite having the worst defence in the Championship, mostly because of letting in five goals against Forest and Derby, defenders are high on their list of best performers.

A rundown of their players is on:

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/170

Albion summary at:

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/211

I think their Albion rankings pretty much accords with what I've seen too, although I do rate Joe Bennett higher than them.
So, just why has Gary Gardner become NSC's latest boo-boy?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hoogeland, Burn and Amorebieta all out for the game. That's their 1st, 3rd and 8th ranked players.
Things are looking up.
Yes, this is good news. I think I read that they might be recalling a teenage defender from loan at somewhere not very good to play against us. Hope so.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hoogeland, Burn and Amorebieta all out for the game. That's their 1st, 3rd and 8th ranked players.
Things are looking up.

Don't need ready made excuses. I'd sooner play their first team.

(PS: I remember last team I saw Albion v Man United I wanted to see Giggs play. But then he went and scored a last minute winner from a free kick.)

Stats say that Fulham are the best tackling side in the Championship.

Better if they had their 5th, 6th and 7th ranked players out! Rodellega, McCormack, Ruiz. Scott Parker at 34 still seems to be playing well and is influential and useful on the pitch.

Past quote: On the day of the death of Johnny Haynes, Alan Mullery, another high-profile Fulham and England player, made the following tribute: "He was the only reason I went to Fulham as a young boy of 15 leaving school. He was my hero, the captain of England and Fulham. The word great rolls off the tongue quite easily these days but he really was. He was the best passer of a ball I have ever seen - I don't know anyone who could pass a ball as accurately. Anyone who saw him will know what a great player he was." (wiki)

Ross McCormack is probably the nearest player in the Championship to a Johnny Haynes.

Current top passer in the Championship is Keogh (Derby) at 90% from defence.
http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ayerStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

Top passer in an attacking position is Will Hughes (Derby) 88%.

The top key passers, all players that have impressed me this season are: Cotterill, Redmond, Pringle (Rotherham), Cairney, Butterfield.

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Weather Report

Friday afternoon and still over a thousand tickets available, it seems. A lot of them are isolated and that excludes the normally empty bit in the NW corner. Most of the tickets were sold over a week ago. I would not wait to pay on the day as the choice is limited. So this means under the magic 30 thousand.

Weather looks good for football, if not for sunbathing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637916

Looks like the clouds will block out the low sun by KO.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I have to admit, I'm quite excited about Bent playing. He could be key to Hyypia's tactics, wing backs providing crosses to a big man may well work for them. And if we score more than we concede, I'll be happy.

I sincerely hope I'm proven wrong by the gaffer in this respect, he hasn't done a lot to boost my confidence in him.

My Line up:

4-2-3-1

Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bennett

JFC/Holla
Gardner

Lua Lua
Colunga
Bennett (Solly sub)

Bent

March, Baldock, Calde, Walton, Hughes, Toko, Tex.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can I make a polite request [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] that you let someone else start the match thread on Saturday. I believe that we haven't won a single game when you've started the thread and I'm quite superstitious about these things.

Thank you.

Does this thread mean that you are going to give us a chance at least on Saturday and NOT start the official match day thread. :lolol:

Leave it to someone else PLEASE!

nope he is just practicing ready for Saturday
were loose and all that

For the greater good, I have taken the drastic step of banning [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] for 24 hours, to save us and him, should he not be able to resist the compulsion to start yet another doomed official match thread. I'll lift it, once the thread is up and running.

(sorry perseus - its for your own good)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
For the greater good, I have taken the drastic step of banning [MENTION=153]perseus[/MENTION] for 24 hours, to save us and him, should he not be able to resist the compulsion to start yet another doomed official match thread. I'll lift it, once the thread is up and running.

(sorry perseus - its for your own good)
The greater good.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its not personal Perseus

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went to that game in 1958 and we had a new signing from Workington Jack Bertolini marking the first £100 per week footballer, the face of Brylcreem Johnny Haynes, but Jack had him in his pocket all afternoon. Haynes was glad to go home.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wet Horse

Its tally ban.

I was too busy this week anyway

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Defining match of Hyppia's career : a good win and we'll move confidently on & a sharp loss and he will be close to the exit and make it 2/2 failures & that won't get many future interviews lined up

Turned out to be right!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Copy the Badges

Where's the chuffing match thread for tonight! am i missing it!?

I don't want to f do it. Still haven't got over getting wet through and cold against Reading.

Fulham(A).JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here