Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Islamic court permits pregnant woman to give birth before she is hanged

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Where are you when an atheist does something bad?

1) who said i believe the silly Darwinian cult - that delivers to kids at a young age that "human consciousness comes from sea bacteria."

Darwin himself said it was just a theory, and made some cash out of it for his eugenics mates (research the original name of his book 'Origin of the Species').

2) Doing Something bad ('bad' is subjective, but lets leave that for now) on ones own accord is one thing, doing it because there is a list of rules one must live to is quite another - and for me, all the more toxic.

"e.g my misses slept around and i lost it and hit her" < bad, unique event.
"e.g my misses slept around so the rules state that the town comes out and we all stone her and whip her." < bad, uniform bad, written bad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1) who said i believe the silly Darwinian cult - that delivers to kids at a young age that "human consciousness comes from sea bacteria."

Darwin himself said it was just a theory, and made some cash out of it for his eugenics mates (research the original name of his book 'Origin of the Species').

2) Doing Something bad ('bad' is subjective, but lets leave that for now) on ones own accord is one thing, doing it because there is a list of rules one must live to is quite another - and for me, all the more toxic.

"e.g my misses slept around and i lost it and hit her" < bad, unique event.
"e.g my misses slept around so the rules state that the town comes out and we all stone her and whip her." < bad, uniform bad, written bad.

You've deliberately missed my point. I'll use another example then if that doesn't fit.

Where are you when a MAN does something you find abhorrent?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You've deliberately missed my point. I'll use another example then if that doesn't fit.

Where are you when a MAN does something you find abhorrent?
edit removed as too flippant for the thread. I got caught up in the semantics argument that was taking place and forgot there was an actual, proper subject to the thread.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
edit removed as too flippant for the thread. I got caught up in the semantics argument that was taking place and forgot there was an actual, proper subject to the thread.

it's a rubbish boring argument anyway and i dont know why ive gotten drawn in.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
oh foolish man - the issue is that many still devote their lives and souls to a man who 'did' those things.

"Foolish man" I take pride you've called me a fool, it's pretty funny. You're still missing the point entirely. You cannot compare Mohammed to Buddha, and Jesus didn't, did he? He came down by the sword, not love. That says a lot. It's still uncommon to find Muslims in this modern day marrying young girls. The point of the marriage is that there was no sexual contact until she was 'ripe'. That was very, very common during that period of time when lifespans were shorter and pregnancy a lot younger.

Devoting one's soul to a religion is the point of a religion, otherwise what other point would there be?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It was Archbishop Desmond Tutu who said something along the lines of "anybody who says that religion and politics don't mix is reading a different bible to the one that I am."

Thankfully his politics are not the ones of hate, discord and judgement.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
What is happening to this woman is sickening and abhorant. I would hope the international spotlight, in an ever closer world, will prevent it from going ahead.

I would urge caution to those who wish to hold such an event up to further their own twisted views of a world based on a divisive ideology. That shifts the subject from the plight of this poor woman to one that feeds a desire to claim victory at a pious moral high ground.

If people really want to help this woman, and there is little we can do from our armchairs, then sign one of the petitions that will be flying around online. It's much more productive than pouring subjective scorn on the darkest corners of Islam.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Rather than all shout at one another, we could do something constructive such as write to the sudanese ambassador...

Here's an email address.

info@sudan-embassy.co.uk

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
Christians weren't exactly saints, the same happened throughout the Judeo-Christian world it was a cultural norm and valued as a way of life, this was also prevalent in the Islamic world. You also fail to mention modernised Islamic countries such as Malaysia and Turkey countries were non-Muslims have more rights and freedom than most.

You obviously don't follow the news in Malaysia very closely then.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been talking about this at work. We are often told to 'respect other people's religions' but why should we? Why should we stand back, accept it and say 'oh well it a cultural thing, it is part of their religion'.

Let's just be honest here for a moment, it is a ****ing disgrace.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The fingers should be pointing at the state of Sudan and its ****ed up laws, rather than the Islamic faith - I'm sure a vast majority of Muslims will condemn this.

I teach quite a few Sudanese kids, it seems that child beating is also very much an accepted custom.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
the only positive to take out of this,and there really shouldnt be any positives in a story like this is that it really doesnt matter how vocal and persistent the tiny minority of the weird and hate filled uber extreme muslims are in this country Sharia Law,the type that is promoted by Andrem Choudary and the nutters,the type we are told is coming to the UK and implemented in countries like Sudan will never ever be prominent in British Life,doesnt matter how loud you shout about it or how many daft placards you wave about at pointless rallies

decent people from all walks of life and backgrounds will simply not permit it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If you're a Muslim on this forum - then have the balls to unequivocally condemn this barbarous act.

99% of Muslims would. This is about as representitve of your average moderate muslim as Westboro Community Church is of moderate Christians.

The fact that you think otherwise rather worries me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Seriously? That makes it ok ?

No, of course it doesn't but it is always worth remembering that moderate muslims are as apalled by this kind of nonsense as you and I. the same way I'd imagine that moderate Christians are apalled by the Westboro Community Church, Catholic child abuse etc.... etc....

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I agree it's a disgrace [MENTION=1022]Wilko[/MENTION] - it's a total and utter disgrace

I also agree it's about Sudan and about an interpretation of Islam that needs wiping out. Islam is not evil, but people are. People will use any doctrine to their own ends.

Take a look at this passage from the Koran...

"Let not the hatred of the people—because they hindered you from the Sacred Mosque—incite you to transgress. Help one another in goodness and reverence, and do not help one another in sin and aggression."

And this one

"O ye who believe, be upright for God witnesses injustice; and let not hatred of a people cause you to be unjust. Be just — that is closer to piety."

He's not exactly saying 'go cut the throats of the infidel' is he?

Unfortunately, you and I know with these old texts stuff can be spun any which way. I hate to look at my NSC history and what I was writing 10 years ago compared to now. Thankfully, I don't think my NSC history will be spun to kick start a war 1000 years from now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The fingers should be pointing at the state of Sudan and its ****ed up laws, rather than the Islamic faith - I'm sure a vast majority of Muslims will condemn this.

You're right of course but these stories are bad press for Islam and all Muslims who see this exactly for what it is, misogyny.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here