Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackay Sacked

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was on a poor run so not surprising in this crazy climate. Managers should be installed for the whole season with the only change being allowed in the closed season

In that case there should be no January transfer window either. The squad that you start with in August has to get you through the season..... ah, but that's not going to happen is it ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed, Simster. I bet those who might have protested vehemently a week ago are slightly less vociferous about it today after their lame performance against Saints yesterday. Such is the fickle nature of football now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whenever other clubs with owners like Tan find themselves in positions like this, I always wonder what those who tend to moan incessantly about our transfer window activity (or perceived lack of it)
or some pronouncement from Paul Barber make of it.
There was a thread t'other side of Christmas that did end up as a Paul Barber appreciation thread.
If memory serves it was along the lines of 'you might not like him, but he could be a lot worse'.

Edit:- This one.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...a-chat-with-Paul-Barber&highlight=Paul+Barber

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Football has changed a great deal over the years, to the point that Coco the clown types are allowed to 'run' football clubs. I'm glad we have TB and PB at the tiller here :)

What a licker comment. According to some on here we need a chairman who is prepared to gamble our future on an unknown Moldovian for £8 million as it's the only way of getting out of the division.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Those suggesting he could have done better are a bit off the mark IMHO. Getting any results with the instabilitly surround the club since mid October is nothing short of a miracle in my eyes.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The bookies favorites for the Cardiff job:

Kim Jong-Un- 2/5
Robert Mugabe- 5/2
Boris Johnson- 20/1
Al-Assad- 30/1
Nelson Mandela- 100/1

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The bookies favorites for the Cardiff job:

Kim Jong-Un- 2/5
Robert Mugabe- 5/2
Boris Johnson- 20/1
Al-Assad- 30/1
Nelson Mandela- 100/1

All could do a decent job there except Boris. Kim Bob and Al-Assad are top end motivators.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can't help thinking that the conduct of this Malaysian buffoon is overshadowing the fact that Mackay has arguably underperformed a little, although that's not to say he deserves to lose his job.

Cardiff were bankrolled last season, let's not forget, and they won the league in a way Arry will probably manage this season. But this season, they are struggling. It's hardly a disastrous situation they are in, but there are plenty of people who will lose their job despite doing better.

Its an interesting viewpoint.....re Arry i wudnt be so sure...QPR are starting to struggle..they were hardly convincing early season with mostly 1/0 wins.....they seemed to lack fight/spirit when i watched them on sky yesterday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here