Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fight Night: Tyson Fury vs Sefer Seferi

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello: "Despite laughing about the quality of his opponent pre-fight, Tyson Fury had to think about this.
"Sefer Seferi was lacking in technique, weight and height, but he was really trying to make something of this." :facepalm:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
BBC boxing correspondent Mike Costello: "Despite laughing about the quality of his opponent pre-fight, Tyson Fury had to think about this.
"Sefer Seferi was lacking in technique, weight and height, but he was really trying to make something of this." :facepalm:

What the **** was he watching. He pranced around for 2 rounds posing. They stopping in the middle of round 3 to watch some people actually throwing punches. The only thing fury had to think about was to throw a punch. Second he did they threw in the towel. He might not have many brain cells but to say he had to think about the fights a little far fetched

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, there's certainly still some fat on him. He weighed in at just under 20 stone I think but he's come down from 27 odd stone so that's to be expected. What will be interesting(though not in this joke of a fight) will be to see if the 2 years out and the lack of weight control will have any effect on him. Ricky Hatton was similar in that he would balloon up in size between fights and ultimately it did for him. We'll have to wait and see what effect if any it's had on Fury. If it's had minimal effect then we could be in for some cracking heavyweight fights over the next couple of years between him, Joshua and Wilder.
Not saying ballooning up between fights is a good thing but it was Mayweather and Pacquiaio who did for Hatton.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This, easy to throw the accusation out there about Joshua, but Fury has for a 100% fact served a ban for PEDs. Uncastrated boar? Sounds like bollocks to me.

Cocaine is not a PED is it ?
It’s never enhanced my performance. You ask Mrs Q.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Exclusive SCOOP from my SAUCE and that Frank Warren was seen near the CLIFTONVILLE this morning BRANDISHING a contract for me to SING to be Fury's NEXT opponent

But you’ve tested positive for pies in the past.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not saying ballooning up between fights is a good thing but it was Mayweather and Pacquiaio who did for Hatton.

True but I'm in the camp that his issues with maintaining weight ultimately affected his ability to fight at the highest levels. And Mayweather and Pacquiao were the highest level possible. Admittedly he may well have come up short against them regardless. I just don't see how an elite athlete can get away with abusing your body like that for too long.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No, but Nandralone is. Maybe Mrs Q should see if she can get any of that for you?

Is that the same as benzoylecgonine ? which is what he tested positive for and is always in coke.

She does buy me drugs though. Got me some K the other night and then bolted the stable door the bitch.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Is that the same as benzoylecgonine ? which is what he tested positive for and is always in coke.

She does buy me drugs though. Got me some K the other night and then bolted the stable door the bitch.

No, he failed 2 drugs tests one for Benzoylecgonine and the other for Nandrolone which is an anabolic steroid. The defence for the nandrolone being that he ate a huge amount of un-castrated wild boar, which is one of a handful of ridiculous defences trotted out any time an athlete gets caught out.

Obviously even if an athlete did have a strong urge to eat un-castrated wild boar in the amounts that it would need to return a result (which is unlikely), as professionals you would think that them and their team would presumably make it their business to know what substances might return a false result and avoid them like the plague!

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, there's certainly still some fat on him. He weighed in at just under 20 stone I think but he's come down from 27 odd stone so that's to be expected.

That is some understatement. The waistband of his shorts were higher than those 80 year old men you see shuffling to the shops in their slippers. The only benefit was that he could tuck his saggy tits into his shorts for the pantomime.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Not a great spectacle but there is no denying fury is an exceptional boxer and moves so well for 19st.

If he sheds some more weight I have him beating wilder but getting knocked out by joshua

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here