Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is it .. ending up posting thousands of comments on a rivals forum to make up for having no friends/being a social pariah, living a dead-end life in a sh*t hole?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Your vocal support home and away has always been below average, You lot just don't like it that a fair amount of fans like to visit Selhurst for the decent atmosphere. You should really be concentrating on improving your own ground and rather than sniping at others, That could prove difficult though as lets face it Brighton just isn't a football town and plenty of your customers are not really Brighton fans.
Yawn. The lovely thing for a Brighton fan is you have wasted your time typing that and it does not have even the slightest ring of truth to it... [emoji846]

The atmosphere at The Amex has routinely been described as very good, and often as exceptional, by neutral TV and radio commentators - but you know that...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Blimey, I have heard it all now.

Atmosphere at all grounds have good and bad times,Selhurst was a good place to watch Palace in the late 80s and early 90s, Less so around the turn of the millennium. Your be telling me the Withdean was rocking every weekend next...

Your vocal support home and away has always been below average, You lot just don't like it that a fair amount of fans like to visit Selhurst for the decent atmosphere. You should really be concentrating on improving your own ground and rather than sniping at others, That could prove difficult though as lets face it Brighton just isn't a football town and plenty of your customers are not really Brighton fans.

To be honest our support is superb away from home, always has been, not sure where you got that from. Home is pretty decent and we don’t need Cardboard displays or drummers. To say fans come to Selhurst for the atmosphere is total rubbish, ‘hey we are playing Palace today we must go and listen to that
Wonderful Goal music and drums’ Be real please. As said many times by you own fans, your Ultras are a total
Embarrassment to your club and if that is the only way to get things going at Selhurst, then you have serious issues. I love to know where you get this thing that about brighton fans being non fans. You obviously don’t remember Goldstone days where we used to get 30,000 and during the 80/90S, often a lot more than you. So same logic where did you get your new 10,000 fans when you went up. Maybe not real Palace fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Atmosphere at all grounds have good and bad times,Selhurst was a good place to watch Palace in the late 80s and early 90s, Less so around the turn of the millennium. Your be telling me the Withdean was rocking every weekend next...

I don't go along with what Horses 4rse says and I think the HF have done a good job for you lot. However, it's probably best not to respond to his bollox with bollox of your own about Albion. The atmosphere at The Amex is often good and sometimes great, and our away following is loud. About our fanbase; 96% of our fans live within a 20 mile radius of Falmer, so in other words, locals. Yes the club has rebuilt its fan-base since our near-extinction, and a proportion of those fans come from the thousands of people who have moved to Brighton in the last 20 years from elsewhere in the country. When they have kids they take their Brighton born sons to see the local team. Bingo.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having watched 30 of our games live this season I can confirm Cabaye had a decent season, Beneteke was woefully out of form, Can't argue there.

Roy did a great job with a very decent squad once he had Zaha fit to play.

Edited for accuracy.

5 years in the PL, and you're a 1 man team.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

hahahaha - you are great entertainment thats for sure!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don't go along with what Horses 4rse says and I think the HF have done a good job for you lot. However, it's probably best not to respond to his bollox with bollox of your own about Albion. The atmosphere at The Amex is often good and sometimes great, and our away following is loud. About our fanbase; 96% of our fans live within a 20 mile radius of Falmer, so in other words, locals. Yes the club has rebuilt its fan-base since our near-extinction, and a proportion of those fans come from the thousands of people who have moved to Brighton in the last 20 years from elsewhere in the country. When they have kids they take their Brighton born sons to see the local team. Bingo.

Young fan or one of the new lot? There's a lot of fact in my posts about the changes palace made to find an identity. It does extend 40 - 45 years back though. Palace have always struggled for an identity. The ultras bit is the latest attempt

I understand that some people like the ultras nonsense - some find the forced atmosphere at Huddersfield good too. I absolutely loath that false/forced karaoke style support. There's no way I'm going back to Hudds, hideous. Truly hideous.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Why do we need to improve our own ground? We were voted the best by away fans on that website and the premier league themselves said we had the best match day experience.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Young fan or one of the new lot? There's a lot of fact in my posts about the changes palace made to find an identity. It does extend 40 - 45 years back though. Palace have always struggled for an identity. The ultras bit is the latest attempt

I understand that some people like the ultras nonsense - some find the forced atmosphere at Huddersfield good too. I absolutely loath that false/forced karaoke style support. There's no way I'm going back to Hudds, hideous. Truly hideous.

I know a few from East Surrey who hate the whole Ultras thing and have given up season tickets a couple go to Crawley and a few now attend non league going to Bromley, Dulwich Hamlet and Whyteleafe.
So not all like the Ultra experience.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Does Seagulls sound better than Dolphins?
Seagulls makes sense given our location. Choosing Eagles as your name is embarrassing as they have nothing to do with Croydon.

Most of you Tarquins
I've only ever met one Tarquin. He's from Purley. Brighton isn't a Tarquin kinda place.
think a good atmosphere is some state sponsored flag waving whilst being dressed as a Mexican.
What?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I know a few from East Surrey who hate the whole Ultras thing and have given up season tickets a couple go to Crawley and a few now attend non league going to Bromley, Dulwich Hamlet and Whyteleafe.
So not all like the Ultra experience.

Yeah, doesn't surprise me at all. I've heard of complaints over ticketing arrangements, the ultras getting first dibs and deciding where they sit. Always in full view of the cameras as it is about them not the club. What amuses me is that some of these Palace fans don't see that, they are so caught up in the spin.

With each transformation that club attempts it alienates more of the original fans. It will bite when they fall back down. 2012 there were 10-15k kicking about at Selhurst in silence - reason being they knew they weren't going up so couldn't be bothered. It's understandable, they're just another club in London - they still can't fill the ground in the PL with their 10k new fans. Something like 14th in league table of filled ground %'ge. When they drop again it will be 11 - 12k that stick around after the alienation. What then? Merger, relocation, change of sport?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Seagulls from Dolphins was organic, an evolution. It was not 'oooh look that sounds/looks cool lets abandon our history/identity at a drop of a hat. You did once have an identity but it was many many years ago.
I am not sure where this myth that we were the Dolphins came from we were the Shrimps and we changed to Dolphins for ONE season and we didnt keep it because the Dolphinarium was becoming an embarrasment to the town and the idea of using Dolphins was unpalatable for a growing number of Brightonians and it was even more shit than Shrimps. Soooo yea not much of a decision to change as you say.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

I'm not entirely sure I know what you mean, but I saw my first game at the Goldstone in 1976.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh, turns out there's no problem with the accounts and it's all due to the funding round for the new stadium. Spoken like true novices, can you imagine the conversation:

Palace: We'd like to borrow £10m
Funder: You haven't filed your accounts
Palace: No, we don't want you to see the bad ones so we're going to do this after you've said yes.
Funder: Oh, OK

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Oh, turns out there's no problem with the accounts and it's all due to the funding round for the new stadium. Spoken like true novices, can you imagine the conversation:

Palace: We'd like to borrow £10m
Funder: You haven't filed your accounts
Palace: No, we don't want you to see the bad ones so we're going to do this after you've said yes.
Funder: Oh, OK

Never mind all that , have you worn the palace shirt yet and completed the walk of shame ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Never mind all that , have you worn the palace shirt yet and completed the walk of shame ?

No, but unfortunately they haven't forgotten! I tried double of quits but that wasn't possible. Mind you they'll need to be quick otherwise they may not have a club ???

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
No, but unfortunately they haven't forgotten! I tried double of quits but that wasn't possible. Mind you they'll need to be quick otherwise they may not have a club ???

As I expected, a bottle job !

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

How would double or quits work? Would you have to go F(P)KW?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
FPKW? No, there’s a monetary get out clause

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Please tell me these Zaha to Spurs rumours are true! There's a real meltdown with Palace fans valuing him at £200m and clearly Parrish will sell for £40m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here