Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits 2018/19

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The away kit is Thunderbirds. The home kit is the usual nauseous gaudy vile vomit-inducing red and blue jesters combo, with an enormous splash of mandarin writing stuck smack in the middle. CPFC2010 truly is the club that taste forgot. I know they're our hated rivals etc, but even if they weren't, I honestly cannot think of a WORSE home strip in the entire League. Not a one.

Red and blue are colours that need to be kept a long way apart.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Red and blue are colours that need to be kept a long way apart.

Yep, its a woeful combo.

Barcelona get away with it, as they kind of tone it down to a deeper, more understated rouge and blue. Not Palace though. They turn up the contrast FULL BLAST, almost reminiscent of a 1970's TV screen when someone has just upgraded from black and white, and want to milk all the colour out of it they possibly can. Ugh.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, its a woeful combo.

Barcelona get away with it, as they kind of tone it down to a deeper, more understated rouge and blue. Not Palace though. They turn up the contrast FULL BLAST, almost reminiscent of a 1970's TV screen when someone has just upgraded from black and white, and want to milk all the colour out of it they possibly can. Ugh.

Barcelona can get away with playing in any colours under the sun, they are super successful, and play such beautiful football. :bowdown:

Palarse on the other hand . . . :shit:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Oh my.... New Zealands kit is an absolute BANGER

new-zealand-2018-home-away-kits-3.JPG

el punal

Just passing on an opinion, not tips or instruction.

It always amazes me, this concept that parents are in some way OBLIGED to make sure that they accede to their offsprings demands to have the very latest kit, brand new, every season. The tabs run the stories every year: "This season, a full new Arsenal kit for a child will force parents to splash out £89.99". No it won't. Not if they already have last years.

I totally agree with you that its a cynical ploy by clubs these days to constantly update and change their various kits each year. But there's a short, simple word that can be used when it comes to the little-uns wanting all 3 kits, up to date, every season.

You’re quite right of course about clubs being cynical about updating the kit every year to encourage sales. However, no one is forced to buy them. I must admit that I take great pleasure in giving my nine year old grandson the new kit when they’ve come out, firstly, he’s mad about football, and the Albion, and the kit will be worn almost every day for kick abouts. Secondly, he’s a growing lad, so the previous kit will be too small in no time at all. And, thirdly, and most importantly, he lives in Croydon so it is absolutely imperative he flies the club colours in enemy territory - and he does this with great relish! Bless him. :albion2:

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Unconfirmed of course, but have seen these floating around.
Didn't think we'd go back to the green and black for away.

Home.jpeg
Home

Away.jpeg
Away

3rd.jpeg
3rd

Last edited:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Personally I hope those aren't confirmed - they all look awful in my opinion.

Don't worry, they're concept kits - there's no way all three would be mocked up like that in release-ready copy, and then all leaked at the same time. I doubt the club will have any photos yet, surely they'll be waiting for the players to report back for pre-season to do a photoshoot. Also, the biggest sign these are bobbins is that the Amex logo is wrong - it's now left aligned (see this year's kit).

That aside, I agree - the fade at the bottom and on the sleeves is godawful. I actually don't hate the collar or a pink third kit per se, but I assume like last year, this season's fairly dodgy gold (yellow) and green (brown) away kit will become our third for 2018-19.

They are in no way next seasons kits. For a kick off they are bobbins and second they are keeping the current away kit as 3rd kit for next season.

Err, yeah, snap.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I will be sure to pass on your parenting tips to my niece, as she obviously has no idea how to bring up her child, it was so kind of you to help in this way, as I am sure she had no clue about not pandering to his every want. I on the other hand do understand that children can not have everything they want, (or adults for that matter-even if the choice of 3ways with newsreaders and singers is somewhat suspect!) I still however think the constant turn over in Kit is nothing more than a cynical money grab in an industry which is forcing its traditional grass roots supporters out of enjoying through overpriced everything!

Well said sir..

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here