Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone now against Sherwood - Why?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Against him now for the same reasons as when his name first came up. He's too fly by half and has no qualms about bad-mouthing his employers. Relations would have irretrievably broken down by the end of the January transfer window. Plus he's called Tim.

Stuff like this for example

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm all for him, whatever happens we'll play some attacking football and that's got to be better than the interminable boredom experienced last season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rather him than...

Mowbray
Hughton
Lennon

Despite finishing 6th last year, there weren't many games where I came away thinking," wow, that was really entertaining, I really enjoyed that game"

Of course I want us to win games, but paying top dollar for the division, I want to be entertained too.

I think Sherwoood would do that.

I'd still rather Clement though, but seems he's not interested.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was against him at the start but looking at what's on offer (Mowbury, Houghton, Neil ****ing Lennon) I'd take Sherwood now. Bergkamp with Liam Brady running the academy is my choice though 

I would go with Bergkamp that would be great but not Brady he has done nothing with the Academy at Arsenal in recent seasons. Havent we appointed somebody to run the Academy from Ireland who is very well respected.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't get the fuss about him. What has he done that makes people think he will be all that?
Good win % with a good team but when they got beat they got beat bad, which to me shows a poor tactical manager.
+ he came across as a right prat in his interviews.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He is just too outspoken for TB and PB they would not like that at all, sadly our next manager will have to be a yes man I think

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Because time and time again the people on this forum and all football forums on the planet have shown they know fook all about football

:goal:

You are right my friend, I find it embarrassing at times as some people make themselves and fellow fans look a laughing stock. Total lack of knowledge, understanding and don't have a clue about the big picture and I'm not talking Van Gogh.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So was Gus inexperienced, but he didn't do too bad did he...do you really fancy an old has been journeyman as manager?
Would you've been happy with Clement...another with no managerial experience,they all have to start somewhere,if he went to another club and became a hit then we wouldn't be able to afford him,many a good player has slipped through our hands because we didn't give them a chance.

Gus at least had a bit of a reputation as "the brains" behind Dennis Wise success at Leeds and Swindon, similar to the chat about Clement.

Sherwood wouldn't be my choice personally because of the lack of experience and knowledge at this level of football, and he does seem tactically naive. However I would support him if appointed, and as others have said it probably won't be dull!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I would go with Bergkamp that would be great but not Brady he has done nothing with the Academy at Arsenal in recent seasons. Havent we appointed somebody to run the Academy from Ireland who is very well respected.

I respect your opinion but arsenal are a world renowned super club, the youngsters don't really stand a chance of breaking through. Brady as far as I know still lives down here and he knows Bergkamp well. It will neve happen but how can you say you wouldn't want Liam Brady in charge of youth development above well pretty much anyone? Not sure who you are talking about with this fella from Ireland though I must admit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So was Gus inexperienced, but he didn't do too bad did he...do you really fancy an old has been journeyman as manager?
Would you've been happy with Clement...another with no managerial experience,they all have to start somewhere,if he went to another club and became a hit then we wouldn't be able to afford him,many a good player has slipped through our hands because we didn't give them a chance.

No, I wasn't all that happy with Clement either due to his lack of experience, but at least there is no evidence he is a goon as well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would be thrilled with Sherwood, plays attacking football, develops and gives young players a chance, knows the English game well, desperate to do well, passionate and just wants a chance. Was totally shafted by spurs from day 1. What's not to like. Get him in :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Taking spurs to 6th in the premier league.... Shocking clearly... Unbelievable some people, just who would thy be happy with ! Sherwood would be an excellent appointment for us.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I do worry that he is a monumental cock with the ego of Gus Poyet and little of the charm.
That aside he is a promising coach with the potential to create an attacking side that wil excite fans and that for me is more important than promotion.
Houghton has the same potential to play crowd pleasing football while Clement might do the same but also has the potential benefit of maybe bringing a few RM youngsters with him.
They are surely the front runners but that said, Tony will doubtless have someone else to surprise us all

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do worry that he is a monumental cock with the ego of Gus Poyet and little of tbe charm.
That aside he is a promising coach with the potential to create an attacking side that wil excite fans.
Houghton has the same potential to play crowd pleasing football while Clement might do the same but also has the potential benefit of maybe bringing a few RM youngsters with him.
They are surely the front runners but that said, Tony will doubtless have someone else to surprise us all

Suprised you mentioned Houghton and crowd pleasing football in the same sentence.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
That red nosed old scottish bloke that was at Man U was a charmless outspoken goon that wound lots of people and he had the ego the size of the moon especially when he won stuff.

Wouldn't want him either

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here