Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Logical thinking?

Well if you treat dismissing the Democratic deficit in the EU as being equivelentto dismissing the referendum result I suppose there is a logic in that, Acien style worship of tyranny would be one way of explaining it.

Who said authoritarians couldn't be logic? Well in fact a lot of great thinkers agree with you, one called Hayek wrote a book about it, The Road to serfdom, I recommend it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
“I think Farage is obviously a talented guy and supremely articulate, and his genius lies in paying attention to people’s desires,” Carlson told POLITICO. “Sovereignty, nationality, language — these are basic interests and yearnings that normal political systems respond to.”

While many U.S. conservatives were sympathetic to the Brexit cause – and view the European Union as the type of international organization they generally disdain – U.S. Republicans didn’t talk much about the Brexit campaign in the run-up to the June 23 vote. Many were sharply critical of Barack Obama’s intervention during an April visit to London, and slammed his threat to send Britain to the “back of the queue” on trade deals.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
“I think Farage is obviously a talented guy and supremely articulate, and his genius lies in paying attention to people’s desires,” Carlson told POLITICO. “Sovereignty, nationality, language — these are basic interests and yearnings that normal political systems respond to.”

While many U.S. conservatives were sympathetic to the Brexit cause – and view the European Union as the type of international organization they generally disdain – U.S. Republicans didn’t talk much about the Brexit campaign in the run-up to the June 23 vote. Many were sharply critical of Barack Obama’s intervention during an April visit to London, and slammed his threat to send Britain to the “back of the queue” on trade deals.
What an own goal that was , it would have rankled in peacetime let alone so soon after hundreds of our troops gave their lives alongside their american counterparts.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

US Republicans were generally better-informed about Brexit than their presumptive Presidential nominee then. Trump learned what it was from a Hollywood Reporter journalist at the beginning of June:-

[TWEET]737963769205272581[/TWEET]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I trust this logical thinking includes the death threat sent to Angela Eagle today which warned her to "leave the UK or die".

This is exactly the sentiment that has lead to a rise in hate crime following Brexit you have highlighted isn't it?

The evidence would indicate there is unbridled hate amongst the remainer cohort, and poor old Angela's office being bricked and told to leave the country today is just another sorry statistic.

Those of us on the leave side are watching this bigotry open mouthed..........this makes pro EU campaigning Gordon Brown's treatment of Gillian Duffy look like a mere playground spat.

I fail to see how the levels of hate stuff going on in the Labour Camp at the moment equates to "Remainers". I think the technical term for that is specious correlation. There seems to be a great deal of sweeping generalisation and assumption going on.

How about the hate stuff coming out of the ignorant Brexiters who seem to have assumed that voting Leave means sending everyone of a slightly different ethnic origin home, even if they are about 8th generation born in this country.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How about the hate stuff coming out of the ignorant Brexiters who seem to have assumed that voting Leave means sending everyone of a slightly different ethnic origin home, even if they are about 8th generation born in this country.

I have not heard anyone who is involved in decision making say this,i havnt heard brexiters express this opinion either so i presume you are basing this on a couple of isolated incidents that probably got reported in the press from people that are idiots with idiot ideas.

A couple of bellends have an opinion and its worthwhile saying this might be mainstream thinking so be very afraid everyone......bloody brexiters!

There have been a couple of muslim bellends with daft opinions actually carrying out their crazy thoughts recently,no doubt you will come out with "How about the hate stuff coming out of the ignorant muslims" for some balance........didnt think so.........

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
US Republicans were generally better-informed about Brexit than their presumptive Presidential nominee then. Trump learned what it was from a Hollywood Reporter journalist at the beginning of June:-

[TWEET]737963769205272581[/TWEET]

couldnt give a toss what trump and obama thought
It was a vote for us, not them

opinions on democratic sovereignty rest with this country

D

Deleted member 22389

I fail to see how the levels of hate stuff going on in the Labour Camp at the moment equates to "Remainers". I think the technical term for that is specious correlation. There seems to be a great deal of sweeping generalisation and assumption going on.

Large majority of people want a proper border system put in place, that's to stop people just walking in to this country and then becoming a burden on our system. Everyone gets treated the same regardless regardless of geography.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/ukip...ial_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

A Ukip councillor who said it was “time to kill” voters who opted to remain in last month’s European Union on Facebook says his comments were meant to be “taken with a pinch of salt”.

The comments were made by Terence Nathan, Ukip councillor for Cray Valley West, who seconded his party’s motion back in February to leave the EU.

They read: “Time to start killing these people till article 50 is invoked, perhaps remainers will get the message then.”

Replying to someone who took exception to the post, further comments were made, reading: “Not threatening anyone, no need for threats just a bullet.”

Lovely bunch.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

If you think all of the poison and hateful behaviour that is currently surrounding the Labour Party can be laid at the door of Brexiters you are making an even greater specious correlation. It is no doubt painful for people like you to accept, but many people who support a political party that places tolerance at the heart of its values are.............very very intolerant.

The people making death threats to Angela Eagle and Jeremy Corbyn are evidently prepared to go beyond lawful behaviour to achieve their political ends.

Given the narrative that the media is running on the increase in "hate crimes" following Brexit does not benefit the Brexit side of the argument who have just won the debate, I will keep an open mind as to who the individuals are behind hateful graffiti down the local Polish Centre and otherwise.

I am not a bigot in that way..........

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Large majority of people want a proper border system put in place, that's to stop people just walking in to this country and then becoming a burden on our system. Everyone gets treated the same regardless regardless of geography.

Without any proper control, we are heading for unsustainable population levels. Potentially 73m in 15 yrs time and 80m, 10 years after that. We are a small island with finite resources and our infrastructure cannot cope with these sorts of numbers. We cannot physically build enough roads. We cannot keep pace with the number of new schools, hospitals and prisons required, without our quality of life diminishing. The urban sprawl is now eating its way into the countryside, with us having to build a new house every 7 minutes for the next 20 years just to keep pace.
Political ' open-door ' policies will ultimately lead to social meltdown in this country.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/ukip...ial_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

A Ukip councillor who said it was “time to kill” voters who opted to remain in last month’s European Union on Facebook says his comments were meant to be “taken with a pinch of salt”.

The comments were made by Terence Nathan, Ukip councillor for Cray Valley West, who seconded his party’s motion back in February to leave the EU.

They read: “Time to start killing these people till article 50 is invoked, perhaps remainers will get the message then.”

Replying to someone who took exception to the post, further comments were made, reading: “Not threatening anyone, no need for threats just a bullet.”

Lovely bunch.

Yes, credible death threats should always be taken seriously........there are a lot of them about these days. Those posting them on Facebook are easier to deal with because they are unlikely to be credible just offensive.

Others are credible......

http://www.theguardian.com/politics...tops-walk-in-surgeries-amid-security-concerns

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're special. Ignore one, but focus on another to suit your agenda? Fool.

To be fair to the OP, who is, if I recall correctly, a Corbyn supporter, it won't fit his agenda to identify a 'Corbynite' death threat (or brick) as the credible threat among the two.

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You're special. Ignore one, but focus on another to suit your agenda? Fool.

Not at all, merely providing balance. By all means highlight the offensive behaviour of a UKIP councillor on Facebook, however bear in mind what else is happening in the political prism.

Brexit has triggered an out pouring of vindictive hatred within the Labour Party, with homophobic and racist aspects, as well as death threats and violence.

Angela Eagle is now unable to provide surgeries in her constituency such is the level of concern for her safety.

So, yes offensive Facebook posts are, well offensive. Credible death threats are a different matter, and merely demonstrates the level some people will go to for political gain. These people involved will typically be dyed in the wool labour supporters........tolerant diversity loving remainers.

Little wonder hate crime is up given Brexit.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
To be fair to the OP, who is, if I recall correctly, a Corbyn supporter, it won't fit his agenda to identify a 'Corbynite' death threat (or brick) as the credible threat among the two.

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick.

Nearly, old labour if you please.

I do support Corbyn, I don't agree with all his points, however he was democratically and legitimately elected and I think that should be respected.

I think the political disloyalty by the PLP is effective suicide for the Labour Party as a consequence, and the introduction of a £25 fee to vote was the icing on the cake.

Means tested democracy brought to you by (supposedly) the party of the working class...........I would weep but I cried myself out when Blair took charge.

He got the Party to this stage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nearly, old labour if you please.

I do support Corbyn, I don't agree with all his points, however he was democratically and legitimately elected and I think that should be respected.

I think the political disloyalty by the PLP is effective suicide for the Labour Party as a consequence, and the introduction of a £25 fee to vote was the icing on the cake.

Means tested democracy brought to you by (supposedly) the party of the working class...........I would weep but I cried myself out when Blair took charge.

He got the Party to this stage.

I had a beer in the gardenem with my second oldest, and most cherished friend, this evening. He rejoined the LP, as did his 28 year old daughter in recent times. To support JC.

It would be disingenuous of me to pretend that I don't feel a surprising change in the direction of the wind all of a sudden. I heard JC on the radio this morning and yet again he sounded relaxed. For me, the jury is out. But that's very different from very recently.

The next few months could see the tories having to admit defeat on the 'free trade yes please, fee movement of people, not on yout nelly' agenda. What then, I wonder? The pound has not yet been exsanguinated. But it might be.

Interesting times.

PS, you and I probably agree on about 90% of things. The other 10% are probably the things that I think matter the most and you the least. The economy, national security, British culture and family. For me, all the other stuff like a living wage, equality, workers' rights, etc.are dependent variables, dependent on having a sturdy pot to piss in. Important, and essential, but dependent variables.

All the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here