Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many Everton fans without tickets? It was evident from the full 25's at the steine....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For a start none of that is materially different to what life was like in the Championship: Matches get moved for TV, away fans sneak into home ends (I've done it myself), big clubs bring lots of fans and Southern Rail screw up. And despite your bias the refs have been WAY better than we've been used to. And yes it is what the vast majority of us wanted, (although I accept a tiny percentage still yearn for the Withdean years). And you have to take the rough with the smooth. I'm not sure how old you are, but I remember our old first division days, and even with its faults the Premier League pisses all over the old First Division. This IS the place to be.

You've missed my tone. People on this thread are complaining about exactly the things we said and knew would happen if we went up.

But to address the points made, we never had a game moved for Indian TV, nor were away tickets hard to get, with the exception of Villa, which was down to a low allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, you learn something new every day. So if you're a 1901 member and you can't attend a game you can give your ticket to a friend with the club's blessing, but we in the North aren't supposed to do that? That is completely ridiculous. It implies that splashing out lots of money on football - related stuff makes it less likely that you have friends who are nutters, which as we all know, simply isn't true :)

Those in the North who bought a PSL can do the same though... (I'm 95% sure, he says, slightly caveating the response).

Your point about their being nutters with all disposable income levels is unassailable!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, you learn something new every day. So if you're a 1901 member and you can't attend a game you can give your ticket to a friend with the club's blessing, but we in the North aren't supposed to do that?

It implies that splashing out lots of money on football...

Rather than assuming your standard class-war position, perhaps consider that ANY other situation would be ridiculous and unworkable, for a corporate area, where many passes are not even issued in individuals' names.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Were people really getting on the 13:12 for a 13:30 kick off? Whatever happened to contingency?

I got the 13.17. Some of us have other things going on in our lives other than football.

(I don't, I was drinking in the pub and lost track of time. I'm sure some must though).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I got the 13.17. Some of us have other things going on in our lives other than football.

(I don't, I was drinking in the pub and lost track of time. I'm sure some must though).

That was the ******* that left half full whilst we were sat at the bloody station.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
That was the ******* that left half full whilst we were sat at the bloody station.

:lol: Yes it was. We'd been cursing the fact we'd just missed making the cut off in the queue for your train as well.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
You've missed my tone. People on this thread are complaining about exactly the things we said and knew would happen if we went up.

But to address the points made, we never had a game moved for Indian TV, nor were away tickets hard to get, with the exception of Villa, which was down to a low allocation.

Sorry, yes I did miss the tone. I thought you were one of the "Isn't the Premier League awful? I hate the fact we have to play in it" lobby. I've noticed a few posts/ threads from people with that viewpoint.

The PL is basically just the top end of the Championship with the volume turned up. Yes this is the first time a game was switched for non-British TV, but the principle of games being switched for TV, regardless of the station or territory, is not unique to the PL as you know. So we're used to it. And it WAS hard to get tickets for away games last year, quite a few sold out. The allocation size is irrelevant, demand exceeded supply. And I could be wrong, but wasn't there a Loyalty Points system in place last year for away games?

Blackbushe Pilot

Mar 28, 2004
Egham Surrey
There was an Everton fan next to me in 1901 WSl, who video'd the equalising goal but kept very quiet afterwards!

The problem is the abject lack of BHA bringing itself in to the 21st century technology wise (with software you can buy off the shelf) and enable members to sell tickets to other members legally - at cost price- as you can at virtually every other premier league club.

As a result 1901 members who have paid big money for every game - that now can't go - are left trying to sell their ticket unofficially to any taker to try and recoup some money.

The commercial dept since Paul Rogers left is devoid of anybody with a brain cell (the answers no what's the question?) what you're all talking about is caused not by greed but because there is no proper redistribution system in place!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here