Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

250 BHA fans banned for touting this season

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'm not so sure. The guy that was arrested for jumping on the pitch at Lincoln was still on a ban, and shouldn't have had a ticket. It was discovered that someone who had enough loyalty points had bought it, and passed it on, which is why the club threatened to ask for ID at some away matches.

Not true, he had recently come off the ban.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not true, he had recently come off the ban.

Also worth pointing out that PC Balkham would have been looking out for him and if he was still subject to a banning order he would have been lifted long before the celebrations at the match. That banning order for jumping on the pitch at Lincoln still annoys me for being so harsh for what was a spur of the moment thing. We met the bloke and his mates coming back from Birmingham away just before Christmas and had a good chat. It's clear he's no angel but he came across as a good bloke and a proper 100% Brighton fan.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Why did the club make such an issue about ID at away games? I am fairly sure he hadn't bought his own ticket as there was quite a thread about it on Nsc.

Probably because there was a period where "risk supporters" were getting tickets for games that had sold out before general sale. He was definitely not banned at the time of the game.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Probably because there was a period where "risk supporters" were getting tickets for games that had sold out before general sale. He was definitely not banned at the time of the game.

Fair enough, I apologise.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
250 fan numbers cancelled could easily be 4 or 5 touts.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Still suprised at least one of the 100 refused entry were not irrate enough to post on here. Whatever avenue they bought from must have been in good faith. When presenting paper ticket how did staff know they had originated from tout. I purchased a ticket for Newcastle game for somebody else. Didnt have to give there name and sold it to them at face value. As nobody can purchase a ticket unless a season ticket holder or member how do they know which match day tickets are sold on for profit

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Still suprised at least one of the 100 refused entry were not irrate enough to post on here. Whatever avenue they bought from must have been in good faith. When presenting paper ticket how did staff know they had originated from tout. I purchased a ticket for Newcastle game for somebody else. Didnt have to give there name and sold it to them at face value. As nobody can purchase a ticket unless a season ticket holder or member how do they know which match day tickets are sold on for profit

Perhaps we aren't giving the Albion management enough credit for being ahead of the game. I expect they find out which seats have been sold/are for sale by an agency then pay the seat holder a visit on match day (or programme the entry system to give a loud bleep when the ticket is swiped). Buying in good faith counts for nothing if it is illegal.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm getting a lovely mallgorithm banner ad for buying and selling tickets now (yes I have disabled adblocker for NSC because I'm thoughtful)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here