Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If meat eaters acted like vegans....

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
The first rule of vegan club; tell everybody about vegan club.

In my house, we're all vegan except my 12-year old. He eats what he likes when we go out or get take away, but we don't cook him special non-vegan meals at home.

Each of us have our own personal beliefs and choices, and I would never judge someone because they chose to eat meat. I simply personally will not. Yes, it's much harder if you go out to a regular restaurant, to try and find a dish, let alone a decent dish. But that's hardly a large price to pay.

The posts in this thread about killing all the animals is a bit rich. The animals you refer to are reared solely for the purpose of dying, and whilst some of them might have a moderate living experience for their short life, the vast majority do not. It is simple economics. As more and more meat has been consumed by the West, and now increasingly Asia, the industry has to step up it's production efforts. It's a factory process, wholesale rearing and harvesting of animals.

If you see them as dumb beasts then that's fine, it's your lens and your choice. I can't stand preachy vegans any more than the next person, but in my experience the worst reaction is always from non-vegans who think vegans are weird and odd. Obviously vegans find that quite ironic.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
The good news is that animal/food creature welfare isn't a political issue (thank Shiva). We're already moving in the better direction. Left or Right people are unanimously wanting better, less corrupted food. If there was ever one thing we could all agree with it must be that industrial meat is unacceptable.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
:thumbsup:

[yt]z0O_VYcsIk8[/yt]

Love AP Sears he nails it most of the time.

Vegan-meme.jpg

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=17438]Seagull kimchi[/MENTION]

Some of us can probably agree on that, but without it there is no way the people could have the amount of meat they want. So if it's a choice between better lives for the animals and cheaper food, people will choose cheaper food.

Have you seen that video where the people are offering a new type of milk, and then they reveal it's dog milk (obviously it's not in reality). The reactions from the people testing it are brilliant.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Such japes...there goes my spleen,

Those things are just jokes. No different than people picking on any other stereotype, so most of them just make me laugh. I honestly think the main difference between a vegan and non-vegan is education.

I didn't give up dairy because I didn't like the taste of it, but because I learned what must have happened to get that milk on the shelf.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Some of us can probably agree on that, but without it there is no way the people could have the amount of meat they want. So if it's a choice between better lives for the animals and cheaper food, people will choose cheaper food.

Have you seen that video where the people are offering a new type of milk, and then they reveal it's dog milk (obviously it's not in reality). The reactions from the people testing it are brilliant.

Cognitive dissonance !

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

Indeed - a paradigm shift is difficult if not impossible. I get my kicks with real ale and psycadelics - others want steak and bacon.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why? It's supply and demand

Really? Supermarkets have driven down prices but at the cost of independent retailers who sold locally sourced meat and vegetables. Supermarkets are responsible for the wholesale intensive farming. The convenience of everything under one roof, at the cost of farmers and growers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Such japes...there goes my spleen,

Couple of questions.

Why do so many vegans and veggies own cats? An invasive species that decimates the songbird population and yet wont eat animal by products like honey?

all so if everyones vegan what will pets eat? cats n dogs? Meat production just for them?

checkmate-vegans_o_984861.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Couple of questions.

Why do so many vegans and veggies own cats? An invasive species that decimates the songbird population and yet wont eat animal by products like honey?

all so if everyones vegan what will pets eat? cats n dogs? Meat production just for them?

checkmate-vegans_o_984861.jpg

Looney you're a bit out of your depth on this one. Go play on the CBBeebies website for a bit and come back when the grown ups are done debating. Cheers.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Is there a distinction between a vegetarian who chooses not to eat meat because of the mass production industry and poor treatment of the animal compared to a vegetarian who just will not eat an animal period?

I'm guessing a lot of vegetarians would happily eat an animal if they were starving wandering in the jungle and it was a matter of kill to survive. We are carnivores after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you eat eggs you are eating an animal period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here