Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now Murray's back, how do you feel ?

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
He made what most would consider to be a positive career decision - moved elsewhere for greater income - and it worked out for him as he got to play in the top division for a while.

I was a little shocked to see him back but I'm sure come the game against Derby we'll all be happy to see him turnout for us once again (and hopefully bang in a goal or two).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
So if he scores the goal that promotes us you won't be celebrating then?

Will you be? Pretty sure you appeared on here last year and you turned out to be a sad Palace fan on a wind up. I only remember as understandably someone got my user name confused with yours.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't hold grudges .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Looking at today's transfer fees and rumours -- Ibe for 15m, Roofe for 3m and, potentially, Bonnuci for 51m and Pogba for 100m+ -- this looks like a cracking bit of business. We've got experienced cover in two key positions, and haven't spent anything in transfer fees to get them in. I'm hoping that there's a young, rapid striker playing in Europe that we'll be snapping up in the next few weeks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This loan deal for Murray is possibly going to be the best transfer business in the Championship this summer.

If we are paying his 30K per week wages, that is just 1.5 million for one of the best strikers in the league. As good as Rhodes or some of the other 10 million men of last year.

And we have 17 goal Tomer.

Get a gem from overseas who is as good as these 2, and we'll be in with a chance of winning the league.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
The Calvin Andrew who scored 3 goals in 3 starts and 6 sub appearances? Yes - he single handedly kept us up that season without any help from Owusu, Hart, Forster, Bradley Jonhson or... Oh yeah Glenn Murray!

You inserted "single-handedly". The point is when you desperately needed goals, Calvin supplied 'em. A goal every full game, that was impressive. Hope Muzza knocks 'em in at that rate next season.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Good post. This is the thing unless you are born in a particular area then rivalries mean absolutely nothing to a footballer, to them it's a job. Unfortunately and no matter how you dress it up, Palace got Murray at his peak, he was 27 and he scored for fun for them and basically got them promoted. We have got him at the back end of his career, nearly 33 and with a couple of injuries behind him as well. However he has never been quick but he knows where the net is and that's all we can hope he can hit the ground running and score a few

And unlike a lot of forwards Muzza can also play in defence when the side is under pressure. Maybe he'll end up as a centre-half...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here