Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
More like what's your issue with it ???
if you think that people of 3rd and probably 4th generation pakistani descent still identifying themselves as pakistanis primarily but british when it suits is any way for a unified and integrated country to be then its quite simply not worth the effort to answer you anymore.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Haven't had time to read the whole thread but has it been mentioned on why America should not be taking a large proportion of the refugees? In my opinion it's their foreign policies that have led to a lot of this whole catastrophe and they should be taking more than their fair share especially considering the size of the place!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
if you think that people of 3rd and probably 4th generation pakistani descent still identifying themselves as pakistanis primarily but british when it suits is any way for a unified and integrated country to be then its quite simply not worth the effort to answer you anymore.

There are generations of Irish and Scots lining in England and we all know who they will be support during the FWC. Any team other than England.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There are generations of Irish and Scots lining in England and we all know who they will be support during the FWC. Any team other than England.
the scots have normally assimilated by the 2nd generation, i'll give you the irish, they should **** off if they dont like it , i know several that dont stop whining, the big difference is that they share a pretty much identical culture to us.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Any evidence to suggest they are not?

I would say it's almost certain that britain will have an higher number of muslim extremists with a higher number of muslim immigrants. I'm sure people felt like you when the first lot of mass muslim immigrants entered the UK. Today we have muslim extremists living here. Fact.

No, no evidence to suggest they are not. I really have no idea, my guess would be that of all the refugees that have entered the UK there would be a small number who hold extremist views.

I was asking the question because it seems like refugees and extremists are often linked during these discussions. I was wondering if this was based on any knowledge of refugees holding such views or just on an assumption that some would based on the idea that they are Muslims. I have got my answer.

So with no real evidence that a significant numbers of refugees are coming over and causing trouble you have to question the wisdom of treating them all with such suspicion. To be frank it strikes me that some people will look for any reason they can to be suspicious of asylum seekers so they can avoid helping them with a clear conscience.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant. So the two posters (DIP and BF) most vocal about being being pro mass immigration do not live here. :lolol:

You would be hard pressed to find a quote of mine that is pro mass immigration. You will find that most of the opinions i express on these threads are about the refugee/asylum seeker situation.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You would be hard pressed to find a quote of mine that is pro mass immigration. You will find that most of the opinions i express on these threads are about the refugee/asylum seeker situation.

Now you are confusing me is the " pro mass immigration" and " refugee/asylum seeker situation", the second which " most of the opinions i express".....are we talking about the UK or Aus.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Now you are confusing me is the " pro mass immigration" and " refugee/asylum seeker situation", the second which " most of the opinions i express".....are we talking about the UK or Aus.

Very good :)

Don't post glib or sarky comments SM they upset HG and Looney.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

This is something that is true the world over so just get over it. Have you seen the St Patrick's Day celebrations in the States???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is something that is true the world over so just get over it. Have you seen the St Patrick's Day celebrations in the States???

True. there is no need to forget ones roots just because you move somewhere else. Part of integration involves appreciating what others bring.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This one does , say what you like but i come from tooting and i can guarantee that 99 % of those in the video were born and brought up here , if you think that these people will ever think of themselves as british your ****ing deluded.

It's not something I'd really thought about. My point is, and still is, posting videos of random short clips from YT proves nothing. Some of the videos posted after Soulman's for example, you can't use them to say the British are racist. It's a daft way to try and back up your point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
my guess would be that of all the refugees that have entered the UK there would be a small number who hold extremist views.

And one is simply too many,they are not wanted here.

its an interesting question isnt it though,how many coming in have radical views already as opposed to how many born here have radical views.

Whats the Australian conversion rate of this.How many in the following video came to Australia recently with these views and how many are 2nd generation with these viewpoints.I guess it really doesn’t matter,its still a massive clash of culture.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To be frank it strikes me that some people will look for any reason they can to be suspicious of asylum seekers so they can avoid helping them with a clear conscience.

This is poppycock fishy,you have simply fallen into calling people who question issues surrounding asylum seeking as having no conscience.Its a well worn path peddled for years that usually ends with accusations of racist.This path has seen its day and wont wash anymore.

There is plenty to be suspicious about though with regard to asylum seekers, especially with regard to being genuinely fleeing from persecution or simply economic migrants
The figures for those refused refugee status or protection all over Europe clearly show large numbers are from the latter group.(I have posted these previously on here)
Only this afternoon I listened to a reporter who has been following groups travelling the routes describe how he came across a group of people travelling the other way.It seems they had given up trying to get to Germany and were going home to Iraq.
You have to ask how bad it must in their particular area that they are simply returning to exactly the place they are fleeing from.
Of course this is not true for all those making this journey and you cant read too much into one reporters observations but at least we should be questioning who is genuinely in fear for their life or persecution and needs protection and who is not.

Which leads to my next point,people are saying Germany will be taking 800,000 refugees this year why cant other countries help out.This is tosh rubbish, Germany is expecting 800,000 people to apply for asylum.After processing 100`s of thousands are likely to be refused refugee status.Germany is buckling under the system to process people and then be responsible for people until they are deported(largely through their own making) They simply want other countries to share the burden of processing and share the burden of keeping people who are refused asylum until they are deported.

This countries plan is to take genuine already processed refugees from the camps surrounding Syria,hate the Tories and Cameron if you want but it’s the most sensible plan promoted by anyone in Europe so far. If the whole EU sent out this same clear message and stuck to its own rules(schengen) this crisis of mass movement would end.

However much you don’t like it Europe cannot cope with vast amounts of economic migrants,its possible at a push,and it’s a big ask requiring big thinking from all The EU,surrounding Syrian countries and Arab nations to manage and process genuine refugees but until you verify who is genuine you are going to see scenes as we do on TV.

If people are in the camp of all economic migrants should be given equal status as refugees as some are saying,because they are just looking for a new life, I would ask them if they have a cut off figure as to how many economic migrants Europe allows in from outside Europe? If they do have one why can they not justify exceeding this figure? If they don’t have a cut off figure would they be happy if say 10,50,100, or 200 million of the planets poorest upped sticks made their way to Europe because some people said come here,everyone welcome, we will look after you.

I noticed this question has been posed a few times on here in various forms and yet no one of the pro economic migrant camp has been willing to supply an answer

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]......you are wasting your breath mate....he lives in geelong......victorias' answer to barnham.....!! i lived in sydney for 20 years , there is a massive lebanese/ palestinian community there , most of them 3rd or 4th generation..........you have to ask yourself why these people take it upon themselves to protest violently in sydney over a cartoon that is drawn on the other side of the globe.......they take to the streets in their thousands....!!! over a cartoon and yet we , as a race , are ambivalent over countless videos of barbaric beheadings and mass executions carried out in the name of religion...........how extreme exactly would we call these people who get so fired up over a cartoon...??

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
another issue is obama's virtual silence on this whole issue........wtf , he was gleaming with self importance when announcing the

( apparent???) demise of bin - laden.......now the vultures are coming to roost he is schtum....!! also saudi's refusal to offer assistance despite being MORE than capable.......it is a manufactured situation to screw europe imho....!!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
have you seen the st georges/andrews/davids day celebrations in Australia ??? No, neither have I, and if there are any they certainly arent 3rd and 4th generations and they certainly dont put their roots above their present nation , which pakistanis do here , in fact , as i said i come from tooting and know these people , they dont identify with this country in any way shape or form, a totally different scenario, the US is a very young country which amongst the ethnic groups which considered themselves oppressed , still clings to its immigrant roots, the germans are the biggest group when it comes to descent in the US, you dont see them constantly harping on about the old country do you ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And one is simply too many,they are not wanted here.

its an interesting question isnt it though,how many coming in have radical views already as opposed to how many born here have radical views.

Whats the Australian conversion rate of this.How many in the following video came to Australia recently with these views and how many are 2nd generation with these viewpoints.I guess it really doesn’t matter,its still a massive clash of culture.

this shows it to be honest, the cultures dont mix, full stop.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]......you are wasting your breath mate....he lives in geelong......victorias' answer to barnham.....!! i lived in sydney for 20 years , there is a massive lebanese/ palestinian community there , most of them 3rd or 4th generation..........you have to ask yourself why these people take it upon themselves to protest violently in sydney over a cartoon that is drawn on the other side of the globe.......they take to the streets in their thousands....!!! over a cartoon and yet we , as a race , are ambivalent over countless videos of barbaric beheadings and mass executions carried out in the name of religion...........how extreme exactly would we call these people who get so fired up over a cartoon...??
exactly.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
have you seen the st georges/andrews/davids day celebrations in Australia ??? No, neither have I, and if there are any they certainly arent 3rd and 4th generations and they certainly dont put their roots above their present nation , which pakistanis do here , in fact , as i said i come from tooting and know these people , they dont identify with this country in any way shape or form, a totally different scenario, the US is a very young country which amongst the ethnic groups which considered themselves oppressed , still clings to its immigrant roots, the germans are the biggest group when it comes to descent in the US, you dont see them constantly harping on about the old country do you ?

No, they go one step further and have the British monarch as their Head of State!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here